IF diet

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I have been trying the if diet but need more info. I fast for 16-18 and eat 8-6 hrs. Take fish oil,multi v, and have coconut oil but don't know when I should take them. Also bcaa after 12 hrs and before work outs.any one a pro hear?

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I eat from 11-7 or at least try to stick to them times. 11am-7pm. I work out at 6am every day but Sunday. I don't miss workouts very often and if I do I make up for them. I have only the info from the hodge twins as far as if goes. Is anyone out there willing to help a brother out? I Hurd from a pro friend of mine that on the if diet your suppose to fast for one day a week also. 24hrs. Is this true?

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
Well I've been doing I.F for about 11 weeks now. Been doing 19 hr fasting everyday and everything has been working out rather well.i also take bcaa during my workout @ 4:30 am fast from 5pm to 12:30 pm so that leaves me with a 5hr window in wich I have 2 very large meal so far it has work great for me. I also take fish oil and a multi but during the 5hr window. So the only thing I take during my fasting is water per-workout and bcaa on workout days. Good luck on your quest! Small tip when nearing the last few hours and hunger is really kicking in a nice tall glass of water does wonders!

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
So you hit up your vitamins during your eat window. I was trying them in my first protein drink that breaks my fast. I think it was to much for my intestines tho. Bad run with the bathroom. Just to much crap at once I felt. Going to try spreading it out over the time period of eating. I was also thinking before bed. I don't know. I have been told that a multi v should be taken morning and late afternoon, I feel like once is enuf but do you know how much truth to that there is?

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
I always taken my multi with a meal. Just about all the different vitamin that I tried always said take with a meal. I recommend you read the label on your multi see what it says then plan accordingly. Good luck.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Haha! Ya that would make sense. Just thought you might know more about it then the general label info. I have. Even told by some big body builders to take one morning and night. Never went into the reasons with them.

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
Yea over time I come to find out some of those big body builder don't really know what they are talking about. Lol I will def listen but always question if that's the best way.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The label on the container isnt a 'general label', it is a specific label for that product. Always follow the dosage and loading protocols it has laid out; the people who made the things would know when they best work, so follow their advice. Dont listen to people who just follow rumours or make up their own dosage theories.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I also feel that a dosage label or general label is put there for people that don't want to look further into it. I'm not ok with just take one in the morning when I hear there is a better way to get more out of something. There is more to this. I know there is. We are just talking multi v . How about fish oil and vitamin d. It's often suggested to take way more then the label says. The label is put there do the manufacture don't get a law suit. I want more then that bro, but thanks.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I also feel that a dosage label or general label is put there for people that don't want to look further into it. I'm not ok with just take one in the morning when I hear there is a better way to get more out of something. There is more to this. I know there is. We are just talking multi v . How about fish oil and vitamin d. It's often suggested to take way more then the label says. The label is put there do the manufacture don't get a law suit. I want more then that bro, but thanks.
I'd double the dose of multi v if in training... The unused vitamins will be released as waste in your urine as far as I know... Just my opinion...

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
Thats how people end up hurting themselves or O.D follow the label if it say take 3 time a day with food do so. Do yourself a favor don't make it more complicated then it has to be. Good luck

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
You are obviously happy living the life of a robot built by society. "do what your told" nope man I think you will find if you follow this thread long enuf that the right answer will come. Some body please let me know the simple reason why you should take a multi v in the morning and in the evening?! Besides the obvious that you will have a constant flow of vitamins in your system. Sure that's just the simple answer but... Haha! I'm just not happy with doing what I'm told by a label. Have you ever Hurd of over loading on vitamins? Fish oils vitamin d, all that. I bet you only consume 40 grams of protein per meal also. Haha. Not trying to be an as-, but I am a looker. A searcher, out side the circle that's drawn by this ordinary life of simple society. I'm sure I'm not alone. Not many of us yet but there coming, and this world as we know it won't be all peachy and general label after. Hahahhahahaha crazy right!? :)-

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
You are obviously happy living the life of a robot built by society. "do what your told" nope man I think you will find if you follow this thread long enuf that the right answer will come. Some body please let me know the simple reason why you should take a multi v in the morning and in the evening?! Besides the obvious that you will have a constant flow of vitamins in your system. Sure that's just the simple answer but... Haha! I'm just not happy with doing what I'm told by a label. Have you ever Hurd of over loading on vitamins? Fish oils vitamin d, all that. I bet you only consume 40 grams of protein per meal also. Haha. Not trying to be an as-, but I am a looker. A searcher, out side the circle that's drawn by this ordinary life of simple society. I'm sure I'm not alone. Not many of us yet but there coming, and this world as we know it won't be all peachy and general label after. Hahahhahahaha crazy right!? :)-
That's a good question considering u can get once a day multi v's as well...

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Good answer mr Anderson! More then one type of multi v. Curve ball. But, once again, read the label. If training hard with weights, would that be a reason to take two one a dayz?

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Good answer mr Anderson! More then one type of multi v. Curve ball. But, once again, read the label. If training hard with weights, would that be a reason to take two one a dayz?
A personal reason... Not necessarily a good reason... I take whatever multi made for "everyday" support... That being said, If u get a men's "performance" multi, they've increased doses of vitamins etc to aid performance correct? Now my next question is why would they modify so-called "complete everyday" formula for multi's? If I get the performance one, I'll do one a day... I think a little over-compensating is being done on my part when I double up atm... I double up on vitamins only(not that it's good), not on any other supps...

Haven't answered ur question, but I get where ur going with this... U got me thinking about my multi a lot more than expected with this post man... Some research to be done a little later... That's what these threads are for... Will keep you posted bud...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I suggest you look into vitamin toxicity levels which occurs when you OD on vitamins, and yes, it does happen. There is no evidence that suggests that needing more than the required amount of vitamins makes any differecne whatsoever, the only minerals I would prescribe that people may need more of are Iron and Calcium. Maybe the others might need to be slightly higher, but not much higher.

In light of this, are any of the people who recommend more than the daily dosage actually qualified to give such advice? And no, I do not mean your average trainer at the gym.

I work with people who put the health warnings and dosage requirements on labels for a reason. Yes, there is a legal issue for why it is done but the number isnt something they just pulled out of their a*s, its a number that they beleive (and have tested or researched) that the benefits will occur at. While exceeding the daily limit of fish oil may not harm you, it may not provide any further benefits and thus you are just wasting your money.

Take the time to research yourself why the labels say as they do; research the individual ingrediants to find out if they poise any toxicity issues because I assure you, these issues do occur.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I suggest you look into vitamin toxicity levels which occurs when you OD on vitamins, and yes, it does happen. There is no evidence that suggests that needing more than the required amount of vitamins makes any differecne whatsoever, the only minerals I would prescribe that people may need more of are Iron and Calcium. Maybe the others might need to be slightly higher, but not much higher.

In light of this, are any of the people who recommend more than the daily dosage actually qualified to give such advice? And no, I do not mean your average trainer at the gym.

I work with people who put the health warnings and dosage requirements on labels for a reason. Yes, there is a legal issue for why it is done but the number isnt something they just pulled out of their a*s, its a number that they beleive (and have tested or researched) that the benefits will occur at. While exceeding the daily limit of fish oil may not harm you, it may not provide any further benefits and thus you are just wasting your money.

Take the time to research yourself why the labels say as they do; research the individual ingrediants to find out if they poise any toxicity issues because I assure you, these issues do occur.
Whoa. . .
Research? Logic? Reason?
Sounds like robot-talk to me!
All the brahs know, if one is good. . .then 50 should be straight up awesome!

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Robots of the label. If that's what you know then I understand. It's all good. You feel so smart but I bet I look way better in the gym and out then the label reading, 3 set planned out routine guy. I'm not talking 50 is better here. The question that I asked before you real smart guys decided you were better then my question was us there a good reason to take a multi v in the morning and in the evening? That might not be the greatest idea for the guy spending more time in the kitchen then in the gym, but if your a hard core lifter then your diet might not be $500 a week and more basic so maybe from training hard and not getting a wide variety of foods in your body that the manufacturer tells you you need on there labels, all because they want more money from the liable reading new age smart guy lifter. Let me ask this, what do you think Yates eats, how about Ronnie or Arnold. Sure it was a lunch Turku on a pitta bread with ff cheese and sliced avocado. Not! If you can't be real and use them big smart as- brains then don't comment on something you have no idea about other then the obvious. You want to walk the walk of a lifter then get off your yuppy you tube videos and endless no good articles, step outside the box and lift with hart, mind , and soul. Look around at the gym, do you fit in, or do you stick out? I have a feeling your just another dude trying to get ripped and never will because your afraid to step out side your label. Good luck with that. Man you guys are cool! Big heads and not one pic of some meat you have built, or never will. Haha. What ever makes you feel better. It's a easy question. If this one is so hard for you then I suggest stop going to the gym because your a dead end road.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Your ego is your downfall. Simple question that you label readers can't grip. Keep doing your 3 sets and eating your sub way. Keep spending useless money. Not worth my time. This is also about IF diet. Just a bunch of smart guys with there labels and endless crap articles. When your real then get back to me. No crap too many vitamins can hurt you. Hope you feel better because you just sound very boring and probably will never get anywhere in the gym. Sure in your minds your a legend. Let's hit the gym and see what's up...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Robots of the label. If that's what you know then I understand. It's all good. You feel so smart but I bet I look way better in the gym and out then the label reading, 3 set planned out routine guy. I'm not talking 50 is better here. The question that I asked before you real smart guys decided you were better then my question was us there a good reason to take a multi v in the morning and in the evening? That might not be the greatest idea for the guy spending more time in the kitchen then in the gym, but if your a hard core lifter then your diet might not be $500 a week and more basic so maybe from training hard and not getting a wide variety of foods in your body that the manufacturer tells you you need on there labels, all because they want more money from the liable reading new age smart guy lifter. Let me ask this, what do you think Yates eats, how about Ronnie or Arnold. Sure it was a lunch Turku on a pitta bread with ff cheese and sliced avocado. Not! If you can't be real and use them big smart as- brains then don't comment on something you have no idea about other then the obvious. You want to walk the walk of a lifter then get off your yuppy you tube videos and endless no good articles, step outside the box and lift with hart, mind , and soul. Look around at the gym, do you fit in, or do you stick out? I have a feeling your just another dude trying to get ripped and never will because your afraid to step out side your label. Good luck with that. Man you guys are cool! Big heads and not one pic of some meat you have built, or never will. Haha. What ever makes you feel better. It's a easy question. If this one is so hard for you then I suggest stop going to the gym because your a dead end road.
Calm down buddy. If you have such a strong position on not reading labels, then by all means don't. Im simply trying to save you some money and some very serious toxicity issues that you may get. I think you have completely missed the point.

You seem to have a very strong view point on 'more is better and because I look good it must be working', and seem to think that because I adhere to labels and dosage guidelines (particulary when toxicity and adverse affects have been recorded at high dosages) that I am not as shredded as you. To I aim to be? No. I am not a BB'er, nor have I ever claimed to be. Simply because we offer you advice, you decide to flame us? Do you deny the existance of research? Of science? Because thats what it seems like. I made a valid point, and yet you took it too a personal level because my viewpoint didnt match your own.

A question; When a company has the sole purpose of making money, why do you think they restrict the amount of pills, capsules or whatever that you can take? Why are their health warnings? Do they care if you OD on their products? I doubt it. But yet the labels are there. Whether or not you choose to adhere to them is your choice, but I suggest you take your ranting some place else

One last question; I assume when you posted on this forum with your question on when to take a vitamin, you wanted a smart ass like me to answer the question for you to make sure that your doing it right or at the best possible time, considering you did ask if anyone was a "pro hear"; so why did you bother asking when you dont even agree with the advice we do give? Why even bother posting in the first place? If you cant handle educated opinions that are based on years of research and trials, then make up your own dosage rules and hope for the best.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Your ego is your downfall. Simple question that you label readers can't grip. Keep doing your 3 sets and eating your sub way. Keep spending useless money. Not worth my time. This is also about IF diet. Just a bunch of smart guys with there labels and endless crap articles. When your real then get back to me. No crap too many vitamins can hurt you. Hope you feel better because you just sound very boring and probably will never get anywhere in the gym. Sure in your minds your a legend. Let's hit the gym and see what's up...
It sounds like you have enough ego for the both of us.

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
Perfect example of why so many product get banned. Misused of end users. Then the manufacturer get blame.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Ok, ok, your right ok. The real question tho when training and on a restricted diet should you take a mv in the morning and in the evening? It's not life or death. Just a simple question. All I have got back is read the label. The label don't take into consideration that a bb is taking them and they are in a restricted diet. I apologize for my ego.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Ok, ok, your right ok. The real question tho when training and on a restricted diet should you take a mv in the morning and in the evening? It's not life or death. Just a simple question. All I have got back is read the label. The label don't take into consideration that a bb is taking them and they are in a restricted diet. I apologize for my ego.
Just to be SUPER CLEAR: being a bb and IF'ing does not mean that you somehow transcend the rules of pharmaco-kinetics (hope that isn't too much of a smart-as$ comment for you).
Take your MV in its RECOMMENDED DOSE and AS THE LABEL suggests ( likely w/ your meal). More is not better and timing is essentially irrelevant w/ MV's ( except very marginally w/ water soluble vitamins).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I have been trying the if diet but need more info. I fast for 16-18 and eat 8-6 hrs. Take fish oil,multi v, and have coconut oil but don't know when I should take them. Also bcaa after 12 hrs and before work outs.any one a pro hear?
I always take my capsules with food where possible. I take two high strength fish oil capsules during the day (one in the Am and one in the PM) but thats just because i'm used to it. Maybe take one when you first break your fast and then one again with your last meal. As for the multi V, its best to take it with food, helps digest it more effectively but try space them out as much as possible so not all the nutrieints are fighting for absorbtion at the same time. That way you get the most out of it. So maybe at the same time as you would be taking the fish oil is a good idea.

I usually add coconut oil to my shakes, tbh I havent really had much thought on the best time to take this one.

I didnt look at your size before, most dosages are for the 'average male or female', whereas you dont fall under that category. Not sure if that makes much difference but i'll see if I can find that out for you

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I'm about to fall asleep but I need to say thanks. The last couple replies were great. Thanks.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I always take my capsules with food where possible. I take two high strength fish oil capsules during the day (one in the Am and one in the PM) but thats just because i'm used to it. Maybe take one when you first break your fast and then one again with your last meal. As for the multi V, its best to take it with food, helps digest it more effectively but try space them out as much as possible so not all the nutrieints are fighting for absorbtion at the same time. That way you get the most out of it. So maybe at the same time as you would be taking the fish oil is a good idea.

I usually add coconut oil to my shakes, tbh I havent really had much thought on the best time to take this one.

I didnt look at your size before, most dosages are for the 'average male or female', whereas you dont fall under that category. Not sure if that makes much difference but i'll see if I can find that out for you
Agreed !