IF combined with keto.

inda11

inda11

Awards
Alot of people either fast or do keto but what about combining the two? Any opinions?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well seeing ketogenic diets are basically a very long "fast" (Well Ketosis mimics "fasting", so if you do a true IF and don't have any aminos, fats, carbs at all during the fast window it's the same). So I wouldn't see the over all systematic differences of either with regards to energy allocation etc. This is providing you already do one or the other. Just because adding both stressors at once would be bad on the whole stress/cortisol thing.

Let us know if you go through with it! Good luck!

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
I would rather stick to one system.
IF for me is better..
You have lots of benefits using fasting.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am attempting IF combined with Paleo. I would suspect you would have great results but would be very hard due to not having constant fat/protein intake for fuel. Prob get shredded in two weeks tho lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i haven't noticed much difference trying to stay keto on IF vs not trying to stay keto

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
I am attempting IF combined with Paleo. I would suspect you would have great results but would be very hard due to not having constant fat/protein intake for fuel. Prob get shredded in two weeks tho lol
This is tough..My friend is doing this system..
He is on his 3 week..Results are great but he wants some carbs :D

B

bboyflash

Awards
Been doin ckd IF style for almost a year, works fine to me...I've even done multiple protocols of IF keto as well...

inda11

inda11

Awards
So you lot are seeing good results with it? I feel like i keep going in and out of keto but carbs are very low like max 30g.

thehulk0316

thehulk0316

Awards
IF is great and a Keto diet is great. Combined also great. However, none of these protocols should be implemented unless your diet is already on point. If it's not, clean it up and keep it that way for a few months then go for an IF/Keto diet. Don't jump in head first as you may want to go postal and fall off the wagon rather quickly. This, of course is my own opinion. I am full Paleo and IF twice a week for 16-18 hrs each. I don't do Keto and most likely won't. Between the Paleo, IF, 50+ hour work week w/ the FED whilst trying to get 7-9 hours of sleep every night and putting in 5 days of two hour CF w/ Olympics lifting sessions w/ Westside protocols is enough stress for me. Oh and married and trying to have a spawn. I'm all capped with tress

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
So you lot are seeing good results with it? I feel like i keep going in and out of keto but carbs are very low like max 30g.
I'm on IF and cutting and still have carbs around 150-200g/per..
Don't be afraid of carbs.
They can help you on training days..

thehulk0316

thehulk0316

Awards
I'm on IF and cutting and still have carbs around 150-200g/per..
Don't be afraid of carbs.
They can help you on training days..
+1 on this. I fluctuate depending on my activity level during the day. Sometimes ill consume 75g a day and others ill have 50g as part of my PWO meal if i had a real gnarly workout. Since I know what my program is gonna be a week in advance I know I'll need more or less carbs dependent on the workout/s. Keto may not work so well, although at the end of the day its up to you. Unless, of course, you have some autoimmune or epileptic issues.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Keto would be too much i think..I already have low BF..
Stick to IF but if you want you can limit your carbs intake./

Sirsh

Sirsh

Awards
Stick to IF but if you want you can limit your carbs intake./
Like mainevant said, just limit your carb intake on rest days and increase them on workout days to fuel your workouts. Simple as.

inda11

inda11

Awards
Like mainevant said, just limit your carb intake on rest days and increase them on workout days to fuel your workouts. Simple as.
I know exactly what to do with IF. This thread is to do with keto combined with IF.

B

bboyflash

Awards
I am seeing great results, I do steak and eggs pretty much...if you need more carbs check out the show time game over diet by siviction, which I have done IF style, got me down to 9.4% bf...wish I could show you pics but unable fromphone

inda11

inda11

Awards
I am seeing great results, I do steak and eggs pretty much...if you need more carbs check out the show time game over diet by siviction, which I have done IF style, got me down to 9.4% bf...wish I could show you pics but unable fromphone
Yeah i pretty much eat eggs chicken pieces beef and olive oil. Watt im finding hard is sweet cravings. Can't seem to find a snack that satisfy the craving. Any ideas?

B

bboyflash

Awards
Sugar free jello, I love blending 6 whole eggs and 1 scoop of vanilla isolate and makes it creamy like a shake:), I sometimes make protien rolls, then add waldens farms chocolate calorie free syrup:), and my personal favorite diet pop lol

inda11

inda11

Awards
Quest Protein Bars!

delicious!
Don't they contain loads of carbs? If u mix one scoop of whey with one egg white into a paste. Then microwave it for 45secs. Tastes pretty good. High protein with whey and egg white with very minimal carb. Don't know if the protein enzymes get denatured though in the microwave.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Don't they contain loads of carbs? If u mix one scoop of whey with one egg white into a paste. Then microwave it for 45secs. Tastes pretty good. High protein with whey and egg white with very minimal carb. Don't know if the protein enzymes get denatured though in the microwave.
I know this recipe very well :)

Quest Bars have minimum amount of carbs and are produce from natural sources!
You dont eat crap.. Only good components.
High percentage of fiber! It's gonna fill u up!

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Quest bars, are an awesome product,
And one of the staples of my diet.
Peace

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
I'm gonna agree with u two... Love quest bars.. Chocolate brownie n strawberry cheesecake both help me get a lil sweet fix with out cheating.. Great profile..

Side not on the high carb comment.
U subtract the fiber from carbs.. They are very low carb.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
The new tastes are amazing..
Cashew coconut is fantastic..
Chocolate brownie is also my fav.

The content of net carbs in those bars is minimal.
Maybe 5 g per bar.
The rest of carb content is fiber which can be absorbed.

T

Titration

Awards
Alot of people either fast or do keto but what about combining the two? Any opinions?
Both diets complicate things, IMO. Just go with whatever is easier, for me it's flexible dieting.