Can someone help me set up a diet??

Dsmitty

Awards
I have been lifting weights for a while now and i think it is time to get rid of this belly fat, ive been trying for a while and i am having a hard time setting up a diet in order to lose that fat while holding on to my muscle. can anyone help me out? Like what should i eat for breakfast, snacks lunch and dinner.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
1. Pick slow digesting carbs, healthy fats, and lean proteins that you enjoy.

2. EAT THEM

3. Make sure to weight and measure everything for accurate calorie counting.

4. Go pick stuff up and put stuff down.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I eat only fish, chicken, steak. A salad with every meal. Spinach salad. There is a super food salad I get from whole foods that I throw on top of the salad for some taste. Has a bunch of kale in it, dried blue berries, raw cashews, cabbage. I have only been trying to eat one carb other then salad greens a day. Distilled water, don't ask me why. Cleaner I guess. I IF dieting at the same time. Vanilla Greek yogurt. I don't drink milk. Work out on an empty stomach. Take bcaa before during and after work outs. Don't eat for three hours after work outs. The first thing I eat/drink is distilled water, 10g creatine, couple scoops Greek yogurt and 40-45g myofushion protein powder. Then a hour or so after that a big meal 100+ g of protein in the meal and salad. This is when I get my one carb in also. Fish oil, coconut oil, multi v, b-6, psyllium husk. It's hard to stick to but even if you stick to it 80% of the time you will cut up good. If you can do 100% your ready to do a show I would say. I am still working at it hard myself. Good luck

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Download this guide (Muscle Book from AX website)..It's free.
Lots of great information.
Diet and training guide/

Hope you will like it:)

mcdiddy4

mcdiddy4

Awards
I was in the same boat for a 4 years and finally got my full six pack over the last 4 months with no hormones or running with an empty stomach on shred stacks. All my lifts are also up. I basically modified the paleo diet and added a few key principles I learned from bodybuilding. I also started training short, around 30-40 minutes, with constantly-varied, high-intensity, functional-movements. (Deadlifts, Cleans, Presses, Pullups, Squats, and Snatchs)

For my body type I had to get rid of all the starches, grains except in my post workout shake. At first it was very hard bc i love oatmeal, beans, wholegrain, sweat potatoes, etc., but I wasn't getting to where I wanted to be with these foods. For me the hardest thing to do was eat FAT bc I thought I would gain FAT. Now I eat nuts, almond butter, whole eggs, salmon, lean red meat, avocado, and good oils.... I eat at least 3 times as much FAT as I did when I was doing 40:40:20 Carbs:protein:Fats

The post workout shake is the only time I eat carbs. I take a whey protein isolate with maltodextrin and creatine. Currently I'm doing 1:1.5 ratio of protein to carbs.

I work in an office and don't prepare any meals ahead of time. In the morning I have a scoop and a half of protein powder, omega 3s, psyllium husk, and flax seed. I will then eat 2 whole meals, 2 snacks through out the day, and a protein shake after my workout.

On weekend mornings I do 3 whole eggs with 3 whites, half an avocado, 5 pieces of turkey bacon, and sliced tomatoes. I also throw lots of veggies in the eggs if im feeling up to it.

When I get hungry I eat almond butter and psyllium husk. If I have a sweet tooth I drink a flavored BCAA supplements with no real sugar. If I want salt I eat turkey bacon and 1% cottage cheese. I don't count calories or let myself go hungry.

I hope this helps. I'm 29, 175 pounds, 5'10, 7% bfp. Mesomorph

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Here is an example meal plan I made for a cut.

2,100 CALORIES (2,300 including my daily coconut oil and cla)

Meal 1
Multi Grain flat Tortilla
3 whole eggs
Turkey Sausage
1 banana
490 calories 39g Protein / 21.5g Fat / 47g Carbs

Meal 2
Whole Grain sandwich thin PB & Jelly
Scoop Whey w/ cup Almond Milk
Salad
520 calories 38g Protein / 23.5g Fat / 30g Carbs

Meal 3 /Pre-or-Post workout
Baked Potato w/ broccoli
4 oz chicken breast
Turkey Patty
Slice FF cheese
490 calories 44g Protein / 19g Fat / 36g Carbs

Meal 4
8 oz Chicken Breast w/broccoli
240 calories 48g Protein / 6g Fat

Meal 5
8 oz Tilapia w/ salad
196 calories 40g Protein / 4g Fat

Meal 6 /Pre-bed meal
Scoop Casein w/egg
190 Calories 30G Protein / 6g Fat

TOTAL

2,126 Calories
239g Protein / (80g Fat) 103g w/coco&cla / 113g Carbs

1 serving coconut oil & CLA = 23g of Fat

I used the scoop whey serving for post workout with creatine and used Walden Farms choc. syrup for the almond milk.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Sounds like how I am trying to eat. I have seen great results from cutting out the starches. It's a good way to eat just takes some time to adjust. I haven't say down and made meal plans tho. I wish I could do that. I just eat the foods you have listed and a few others and it has worked good for me. I should do a plan. I was going to just pay a nutritionist to do it because I just can't make that food out every day. That's ruffing it.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
I can't see taking the time to prepare all that stuff. I am doing iF style now. Much easier and just makes sense. Still the same foods but don't need to make 15 meals a day. How? You would need to be a cook or a pro or just don't have much to do. More power to ya man.rock on!

mcdiddy4

mcdiddy4

Awards
It'pain enough spending 10 minutes to cook eggs and bacon. I'm debating just ordering delivered meals with the macro nutritional and calorie breakdown. My gf orders from this place down here is south Florida and they deliver quality fresh food daily. Here's an example paLeo diet. Deliverlean.com then go to paleo

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
I can't see taking the time to prepare all that stuff. I am doing iF style now. Much easier and just makes sense. Still the same foods but don't need to make 15 meals a day. How? You would need to be a cook or a pro or just don't have much to do. More power to ya man.rock on!

I work two jobs, baby sit, and take care of my bed rid-in dad. Not only is it hard for me to fit workouts in...but I still manage to cook. Even if your doing IF, you still need to cook the food your eating in your eating window.

Things are only hard when you can't handle them. SUCK IT UP AND COOK! Mixing in quick made meals and already cooked meals helps on busy days.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Six meals a day. I find in my reading that six meals helps no more then one. Why waist the time when you can be in the gym?

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
OMG...
When I read those dogmas about eating six meal per day it makes me laugh...
You can eat 2 or 5 meals per day. Its a personal preference!
The key thing is macro/calories intake.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
OMG...
When I read those dogmas about eating six meal per day it makes me laugh...
You can eat 2 or 5 meals per day. Its a personal preference!
The key thing is macro/calories intake.
Right on! That's what I'm saying. Why spend the time and money for some worked up hype that's a bunch of bs! Calories in/ calories out. Simple. Don't make lifting weights that difficult. It's only made to sound that hard so that people that don't know any better keep spending money on food and crap sup's that never get you any wear. Idk, the secret is to lift. Not just three sets, until the muscle your working don't work any more. Then go eat a meal. Recover and do it again and again and again. I couldn't imagine making six meals a day for 365 days a year and think you actually getting bigger and leaner from that do the math. Your eating and prepping your food just as much as your working out. Also studies that I have read say you actually end up taking in to many calories from the six meals a day most of the time. Especially if you Fall off track for even a day. Just don't make sense. Think about it like the evolutionary time line of men. In the beginning we are strong as hell and then half way we are strong and lean and tall. That period of time we eat twice a day maybe. Then civilization comes around and all of a sudden the human starts to take the form of a fat office worker eating his six meals a day. Kinda funny how that line plays out. Hahahaha make it simple. That's the true way the human body works, and always has for thousands of years until people started to eat tv dinners. Hahaha ROCK ON BABY!!

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Right on! That's what I'm saying. Why spend the time and money for some worked up hype that's a bunch of bs! Calories in/ calories out. Simple. Don't make lifting weights that difficult. It's only made to sound that hard so that people that don't know any better keep spending money on food and crap sup's that never get you any wear. Idk, the secret is to lift. Not just three sets, until the muscle your working don't work any more. Then go eat a meal. Recover and do it again and again and again. I couldn't imagine making six meals a day for 365 days a year and think you actually getting bigger and leaner from that do the math. Your eating and prepping your food just as much as your working out. Also studies that I have read say you actually end up taking in to many calories from the six meals a day most of the time. Especially if you Fall off track for even a day. Just don't make sense. Think about it like the evolutionary time line of men. In the beginning we are strong as hell and then half way we are strong and lean and tall. That period of time we eat twice a day maybe. Then civilization comes around and all of a sudden the human starts to take the form of a fat office worker eating his six meals a day. Kinda funny how that line plays out. Hahahaha make it simple. That's the true way the human body works, and always has for thousands of years until people started to eat tv dinners. Hahaha ROCK ON BABY!!
True that!Thumbs up to that!

Couple years back I was doing this BS.. eating 6 meals per day.. Didnt give me no benefits.
Right now I'm eating only two and doing IF.
Like HodgeTwins - I GETTING LEAN AS F*** :D

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
IF is just how the body is suppose to work. I just started about a month ago and I feel 100 precent better then before. All the thought that's involved with trying to eat certain stuff at certain times. The nutrition guys are rapping people because of it. The nutritonalist at my gym lives in a condo on the beach and has three kids and a girl friend/wife. Buddy of mine. Pays over 10k a month in bills. Kinda fishy... It's all crap. The other way(6 a day) is just a money maker for the guys cleaning house of the lazy people that want a quick fix.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
For me IF is so simple..It changed my whole approach to nutrition and life..
Paying for a diet? F... no!

mcdiddy4

mcdiddy4

Awards
I have some beast friends on the Warrior diet and eat one meal a day with crazy results. I'm going to try it a couple days a week and see what happens. Hopefully it won't wreck my metabolism and will force my body to adapt. I've always noticed result when you switch your programing and diet up every now and then.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Six meals a day. I find in my reading that six meals helps no more then one. Why waist the time when you can be in the gym?

Just preference I suppose. Whichever someone finds easier they'll do. I love food so I want to eat all fuc*ing day. So the 6 meals is more so a benefit mentally then anything else. I wish I could fast.....I see fat melting off of people like crazy with that IF.

Just ain't for me though.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
I'm not saying that 6 meals per day are not good and u should eat 1 and than fast like me. It's my personal choice.
My GF is eating 6 meals per days cause she likes that method and she knows that she is getting her macros.
For me it's a waist of time cause u have to pay attention to hours..Eat/eat/eat...taking food containers where ever u are going..For me its to problematic.. I keep everything simple.
HodgeTwins from YT have great results..
Don't be afraid that IF gonna slow down your metabolism..It's gonna push it up!!!!

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
I'm not saying that 6 meals per day are not good and u should eat 1 and than fast like me. It's my personal choice.
My GF is eating 6 meals per days cause she likes that method and she knows that she is getting her macros.
For me it's a waist of time cause u have to pay attention to hours..Eat/eat/eat...taking food containers where ever u are going..For me its to problematic.. I keep everything simple.
Don't be afraid that IF gonna slow down your metabolism..It's gonna push it up!!!!

Figures you got turned onto it from TMW. Ya...they're getting PRETTY FUC*N lean man.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Not from them :)
But I watch their channel :)
One day my friend send me link to leans gains...I started to read.. :)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eating right is expensive enough.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Eating right is expensive enough.

I spend about 2-350 a month on healthy food. Before that I just stuck to chicken, canned tuna, whey protein, and brown rice. Only spent 200 a month. The more variety you add in your nutrition, the more expensive it will be.

You want results....you gatta pay.

Big boy D

Big boy D

Awards
Not true. Control is what you need. Do you think Yates eat avocado on his pitta bread? Haha

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Not true. Control is what you need. Do you think Yates eat avocado on his pitta bread? Haha
Agree
I spending less money when I on lean gains right now..
Healthy food are expansive if you don't know where to buy them.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Got some interesting thoughts here guys.

Titration

Awards
I have been lifting weights for a while now and i think it is time to get rid of this belly fat, ive been trying for a while and i am having a hard time setting up a diet in order to lose that fat while holding on to my muscle. can anyone help me out? Like what should i eat for breakfast, snacks lunch and dinner.
1) find out your RMR 2) decrease calories slightly 10%-15% 3) track macros, I cannot stress this enough. I'm assuming you want to keep as much muscle as possible so eat roughly 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, now you may choose to eat more because it's filling, but that's up to you. Attempt to eat 25% of calories from fat sources such as peanut butter, egg yolks, etc. the rest is carbs/whatever. I for one diet on ~200g of carbs per day because they taste the best haha, but you may choose to substitute for another food group. Good luck with your cut and feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Titration

Awards
I don't mean to be rude, but 99% of what TMW say on their channel is BS. If you like IF then fine, but from what I have seen it leads to orthorexia.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Why is everyone hating on TMW? If anything you know who's annoying as f*ck!? Lui Marco. Every other video he makes is about steroids or gyno. I swear the dudes obsessed with it. Deep down I think he wants to pin. :booty:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
I don't mean to be rude, but 99% of what TMW say on their channel is BS. If you like IF then fine, but from what I have seen it leads to orthorexia.
Where did u get that info? Orthorexia? :D
Fasting is one of the best system.. It's very healthy and there are lots of benefits.
I recommend reading Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon..Great book and awesome source of informations.

Titration

Awards
Personally, I have seen people say things like "I'm starving, but can't eat for 8 more hours. What should I do?" I always just tell them to eat. Thermodynamics doesn't change for people using IF. At the end of the day it's just easier , for me at least, to eat whenever I'm hungry and hit y numbers for the day. I also have a much better relationship with food, and don't demonized certain foods because of it. My results are also pretty good compared to the days of following rigid diets like IF and keto.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
IF it's not for everybody.
You can do it or not..Your choice..Simple..
For me IF is awesome cause I don't have to spend time preparing meals or thinking about food.

Fasting for me its convenient but for my GF it's not..
Everybody is different - if u enjoy eating 4-5 meals per day than go for it.
If it works for u than nothing else matters..

Titration

Awards
I agree completely. The best diet is the one that is easily maintained. The study that proves IF works just shows meal frequency is irrelevant.