Macros and low cals. Need advice

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

Macros and low cals. Need advice

Hey bros. just looking for some advice here. I'm looking to cut up and lean out until I can see my abs. I typically have been eating 2500-3500 cals a day and haven't moved in weight. I'm pretty sure this is my maintenance range. I have cut this to 1500ish a day. Here is a fairly typical day for macros.

Cals-protein-carbs
    1580--217--94

I know some muscle loss will happen but what do you guys think. I'm ready to get this fat off quick. Will that be enough carb and protein to retain quality mass while hammering fat away. Thanks.
    Hustle harder

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%

Quote Originally Posted by rabz View Post
    Hey bros. just looking for some advice here. I'm looking to cut up and lean out until I can see my abs. I typically have been eating 2500-3500 cals a day and haven't moved in weight. I'm pretty sure this is my maintenance range. I have cut this to 1500ish a day. Here is a fairly typical day for macros.

Cals-protein-carbs
    1580--217--94

I know some muscle loss will happen but what do you guys think. I'm ready to get this fat off quick. Will that be enough carb and protein to retain quality mass while hammering fat away. Thanks.

Looks alright. Just don't loose more then 2lbs a week. It would suck to loose more muscle then you have to. Muscle is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Lift heavy as F*CK bro and fight to keep that muscle on your way to abs. G'luck!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

Thanks my man. I appreciate the input
    Hustle harder
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.98%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

1500kcals is WAYY TO LOW. Ive explained why on other threads so feel free to have a look around for my responses. In short, you will lose a lot of muscle dropping calories this low. 2500-3500 is too large a range for you to not be sure on what your maintainance is. Find what it is then drop 500kcals from this.

Dropping 1000kcals from the lower part of your range is looking for trouble, especially as your BMR would be a lot higher than this, and dipping into these calories will cause you serious problems, perhaps even in the long term. Be consistant, eat 3000kcals then weigh yourself every week, look for a drop of ~1lb per week. Then drop accordingly. 1500kcals is way to low, espcially at your current weight.

also, increase your fat intake man. Fat intake does NOT = fat gain. You need fat in your diet. Your body uses fat in many ways, including cell membranes, for hormones, vitamin storage etc, and also for testosterone.

Increase fats, increase calories.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

Thanks a ton. I would say that if I averages out what I took in through the week it would be 3k daily. What do you think of throwin in some olive oil into a shake to help with fats?
    Hustle harder
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.72%

You're 221 lbs? No way do you need to consume 1500 cals a day. Just like Jiiggz said that is way to low for a person your size. I get my fats from Peanutt butter, Turkey, Sausage, Eggs, etc. You have to find out what works for you. Start with a higher number, like 2700 cals, add cardio on your off day, typically fasted cardio works best imo..

Check the scale frequently, after 2 weeks if you haven't lost 3-4 lbs then knock the cals down by 200, rinse and repeat until you find what works. I would consume at least 230g of 240g of protein(2.5g per KG of body weight) can drop it lower as you lose weight, but this number is important to maintain muscle.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

Sounds good. Yeah I dropped to 218 as of yesterday and haven't weighed today. I been doing 30 min cardio either bike with decent resistance or elliptical, 4 days a week post workout. Reviewed my fat intake and it's in the 20-30gram range. All good fats. The advice I'm getting is stellar. Thanks guys.
    Hustle harder
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.08%

Don't do too much cardio right away. Focus on loosing weight simply with your regular split and caloric restriction. Slowly add in cardio later and increase the cardio duration/frequency later as well.

This way your body does not adjust and will continue to dip into fat stores. The lower body fat you get, the more stubborn the body likes to act.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  74 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.68%

As the other guys have said your calorie intake is definetly too low for your body weight at the moment. The drastic drop from 2500-3000cal/day to 1500cal/day would cause your body to think it's in starvation mode and want to hang onto body fat instead of oxidising it. Find your maintenance level and then drop 250cal/day from that for a week and then another 250cal/day from that until you're at a steady 500cal/day defecit. That should equate theoretically to 1lb a week fat loss (3500cal def a week = 0.5kg loss per week).
    Current: 74kg @ 10% bf Bench: 80kg x 4. Squat: 130kg x 6. Deadlift: 165kg x 6.
    Goal: 78kg @ 6% bf Bench: 1RM 110kg. Squat: 147kg x reps. Deadlift: 185kg x reps.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

Been applying some of these tips. I have been doing lower calorie during my four day off work and higher calories on the weekend. Will update on how it effects fat loss.
    Hustle harder
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.72%

Sounds good buddy.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.21%

Have you calculated your RMR? If so deduct 10% of calories, adjust macros to 1-1.2g/pbw fats to 25% of total calories and the rest is from carbs. If you're looking to lose the most amount of fat in the shortest time frame I recommend Lyle's UD 2.0
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.43%

Hello. We are both at a similar weight. I eat about the same amount of kcals as well.

Best thing you can do is start to do ALL of your cooking from here on out. Go ahead with the 3k cal diet. Just make sure ALL your meals are cooked and packed by you. Eat them evenly through the day and make sure it's all clean food.

I did not begin to see the changes in my body that I wanted till I finally started to LIVE like a bodybuilder as opposed to just working out a few days a week. Trust me dude - stop eating out, cook all your food, drink a minimum of 2 gallons of water A day, and eat clean. Your life will change.

3k cals of clean food is a nice amount to eat as well. Plus you can eat as many vegetables as you want since those don't count haha

Similar Forum Threads

1. creatine and serious mass... need advice
    By makko in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 04:59 AM
  2. ephedrine and mmv2 stack need advice
    By yokingupsick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
  3. Clomid and Nolva PCT, need advice
    By Rafael Brasil in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
  4. High E2, High Progesterone, Low SHBG, need advice from experts!
    By ericren23 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 10:06 PM
  5. Superdrol and low cal diets
    By The Doberman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 09:35 AM