Carbs from fruit and veggies??

1. Carbs from fruit and veggies??

I have a rather sinple question.. I want to keep around 100 grams of carbs a day.. Does adding the carbs from fruit/veggies matter?? (lettuce, tomatoes, bananas, strawberries, pinapples....) Or should i just count whole grains foods?? Thanks

2. Yes they will matter. Many veggies have few carbs though, root veggies have substantially more. Fruit is loaded with carbs, some more than others.

3. Quote Originally Posted by doclegion View Post
    I have a rather sinple question.. I want to keep around 100 grams of carbs a day.. Does adding the carbs from fruit/veggies matter?? (lettuce, tomatoes, bananas, strawberries, pinapples....) Or should i just count whole grains foods?? Thanks

Yup. As said, they DO MATTER. Count the carbs in them.

The only carbs I wouldn't be concerned with counting are the carbs found in green leafy vegetables like salad, broccoli, green beans and so forth.
    •   

4. The sugar content in banana's and pineapple is outrageous to begin with so yes they count

5. Fruit definitely! I don't worry about carbs from green veggies though. Haven't eaten a banana in over a year, lol.

6. Quote Originally Posted by chikthatlifts View Post
    Fruit definitely! I don't worry about carbs from green veggies though. Haven't eaten a banana in over a year, lol.

It's okay man. You don't have to hate yourself. You can have a banana. I promise you won't get fat.

7. Quote Originally Posted by epstaneman

It's okay man. You don't have to hate yourself. You can have a banana. I promise you won't get fat.
    I know, lol! Just coming off 5 shows and slowly adding things back in. I have a banana on my kitchen counter waiting for me

8. They for sure matter! They are carbs. Make sure to count 'em bro!
    I'm Back...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbs from Brown Rice still bad?
    By FilipeBR in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 02:11 PM
  2. Creatine Mono, BCAAS and Kwik Carb from nutraplanet
    By SureShot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 02:42 PM
  3. Creatine Mono, BCAAS and Kwik Carb from nutraplanet
    By SureShot in forum Supplements