Carbs from fruit and veggies??

doclegion

Awards
I have a rather sinple question.. I want to keep around 100 grams of carbs a day.. Does adding the carbs from fruit/veggies matter?? (lettuce, tomatoes, bananas, strawberries, pinapples....) Or should i just count whole grains foods?? Thanks

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yes they will matter. Many veggies have few carbs though, root veggies have substantially more. Fruit is loaded with carbs, some more than others.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
I have a rather sinple question.. I want to keep around 100 grams of carbs a day.. Does adding the carbs from fruit/veggies matter?? (lettuce, tomatoes, bananas, strawberries, pinapples....) Or should i just count whole grains foods?? Thanks

Yup. As said, they DO MATTER. Count the carbs in them.

The only carbs I wouldn't be concerned with counting are the carbs found in green leafy vegetables like salad, broccoli, green beans and so forth.

dillianc

Awards
The sugar content in banana's and pineapple is outrageous to begin with so yes they count

chikthatlifts

chikthatlifts

Awards
Fruit definitely! I don't worry about carbs from green veggies though. Haven't eaten a banana in over a year, lol.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Fruit definitely! I don't worry about carbs from green veggies though. Haven't eaten a banana in over a year, lol.

It's okay man. You don't have to hate yourself. You can have a banana. I promise you won't get fat. ;)

chikthatlifts

chikthatlifts

Awards
It's okay man. You don't have to hate yourself. You can have a banana. I promise you won't get fat. ;)
I know, lol! Just coming off 5 shows and slowly adding things back in. I have a banana on my kitchen counter waiting for me :)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They for sure matter! They are carbs. Make sure to count 'em bro!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23