Opinions on my cut please

blackhawks87

Awards
Hello all,

I have been cutting for about 8 months now and im wondering if i should start bulking.. I feel like im shrinking quite a bit and feeling tiny..

im 168 lb now and 5ft8

Also does anyone have a body fat % guess?

in your opinion do you guys think continue cut or start a slow bulk?
Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.21.jpg
Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.21.jpg
Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.23.jpg
[HR][/HR]

Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.21 #2.jpg

Thanks for your opinions!

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Sub 15% I would guess, nice work.
It might be time to start a clean bulk, you should be able to put on some serious mass.
Good luck.
Peace

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would ever so gradually up calories by 200 grams. whether it be 50 more carbs -whatever-your your own experiment

The reason i think its a bad idea to up calories too much too fast is in my experience I gained more fat coming off a hard cut (contest preparation), and this time around I am staying much leaner and feel better

blackhawks87

Awards
Sub 15% I would guess, nice work.
It might be time to start a clean bulk, you should be able to put on some serious mass.
Good luck.
Peace
Thank you man! i definitely want too.. and this time do it correctly.. in your experience or opinion do you think with a 200-300 cal surplus you can put on only mass gradually or do you think fat is inevitable..

blackhawks87

Awards
I would ever so gradually up calories by 200 grams. whether it be 50 more carbs -whatever-your your own experiment

The reason i think its a bad idea to up calories too much too fast is in my experience I gained more fat coming off a hard cut (contest preparation), and this time around I am staying much leaner and feel better
I appreciate the response and sound advice.. That is definitely a fear of mine.. I do want a lot more muscle mass but not at the expense of being a pud... I will try adding calories very slowly starting with 200 for a week and monitoring mirror and weight.. Any advice on a routine that you have had good experience with? Right now im doing Layne Nortons Hypertrophy/power 6 days a week.. I think i may need to lower the intensity maybe..

blackhawks87

Awards
I added one more pic of a front shot.. I know my chest has some issues.. not sure if its gyno or what but I do def hate it haha... soo frustrating...

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I added one more pic of a front shot.. I know my chest has some issues.. not sure if its gyno or what but I do def hate it haha... soo frustrating...
Doesn't look like gyno, just a little chest fat.
It will disappear, when your chest fills out a little more, and you drop a little more fat.
Keep lifting heavy, and eating clean.
As far as lean bulking is concerned, I've had great success with carb cycling.
I'm not even very strict with it.
On non workout days, I eat under 100 grams of carbs a day,
And on workout days I eat over 300 grams of carbs a day.
I workout 3 days a week.
I don't bother with a medium carb day.
I know it's not very scientific, but it works for me.
In the last three months I've managed to put on 7 pounds of lean mass, and my body fat has gone down.
It's not dramatic, but as a lifetime natural with 20 years of lifting experience, it's pretty good.
At your age and experience, you should be able to do much better.
Good luck.
Peace

blackhawks87

Awards
Doesn't look like gyno, just a little chest fat.
It will disappear, when your chest fills out a little more, and you drop a little more fat.
Keep lifting heavy, and eating clean.
As far as lean bulking is concerned, I've had great success with carb cycling.
I'm not even very strict with it.
On non workout days, I eat under 100 grams of carbs a day,
And on workout days I eat over 300 grams of carbs a day.
I workout 3 days a week.
I don't bother with a medium carb day.
I know it's not very scientific, but it works for me.
In the last three months I've managed to put on 7 pounds of lean mass, and my body fat has gone down.
It's not dramatic, but as a lifetime natural with 20 years of lifting experience, it's pretty good.
At your age and experience, you should be able to do much better.
Good luck.
Peace
Appreciate the advice man.. I will try carb cycling when i start my clean slow bulk. Do you have any advice on workouts? Im thinking of doing a 4 day split.. Mon-Power upper body Tues - power lower body.. Wed Off Thurs - Hyper Upper Fri Hyper Lower- Sat off Sun off.. Any thoughts?

blackhawks87

Awards
Does anyone here recommend a certain routine for clean bulking or just keep the same as cutting and so on... alternate power and hypertrophy..?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Bulking and cutting, is all about diet.
If your routine is working for you, I would continue using it.
Good luck.
Peace

blackhawks87

Awards
Bulking and cutting, is all about diet.
If your routine is working for you, I would continue using it.
Good luck.
Peace
ok thanks man appreciate it all.. adding to your rep for sure! very helpful

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you are around 13-14% bf is my guess. As for if you should bulk / cut is up to you. Just think are you happy with how lean you are currently? Or would you like more definition, if I was in your position I would finish what I started and cut to single digits before thinking about a slow bulk. It is all about what makes YOU happy, you don't need other people to tell you how to tune your body! If you want more definition then keep cutting for another month or two and then start your bulk.

As for feeling tiny I understand what you mean, I did a dirty bulk because I didn't know what I was doing with diet etc and bulked from 140-175 in 8 months. Now I've cut down to 150 lbs and I "feel" like I am a little tiny, but you know what I am lifting almost just as much as I was when I was 175 at a whole 25 lbs lighter and I am close to my goal of 6% bf and I feel really good about it. A leaner body is a more anabolic body so it should set me up well for my lean bulk this year.

Whatever you decide to do good luck, people above have given good advice too if you decide to bulk up the cals slowly, cheers :).

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Looks like you are around 13-14% bf is my guess. As for if you should bulk / cut is up to you. Just think are you happy with how lean you are currently? Or would you like more definition, if I was in your position I would finish what I started and cut to single digits before thinking about a slow bulk. It is all about what makes YOU happy, you don't need other people to tell you how to tune your body! If you want more definition then keep cutting for another month or two and then start your bulk.

As for feeling tiny I understand what you mean, I did a dirty bulk because I didn't know what I was doing with diet etc and bulked from 140-175 in 8 months. Now I've cut down to 150 lbs and I "feel" like I am a little tiny, but you know what I am lifting almost just as much as I was when I was 175 at a whole 25 lbs lighter and I am close to my goal of 6% bf and I feel really good about it. A leaner body is a more anabolic body so it should set me up well for my lean bulk this year.

Whatever you decide to do good luck, people above have given good advice too if you decide to bulk up the cals slowly, cheers :).
Is that u in ur avitar?

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
I almost thought you had gyno too. If its just fat...even better. You'll get rid of it burning more fat and building some muscle. Either the case you look lean bro. Would definitely be okay to start a lean bulk. Slowly ramp up the carbs and calories. Clean foods = lean bulk

I personally would wait till I have a much lower bf% before bulking but when you want to get huge....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Is that u in ur avitar?
Nah it isn't, when I made this account last September I just threw up a pic of Zyzz. Now that I have been training consecutively for 13 months and I am close to my bodyfat goal I am sure I will be taking an AVI pic soon, I just don't really have any muscle pics of me on my computer haha.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Nah it isn't, when I made this account last September I just threw up a pic of Zyzz. Now that I have been training consecutively for 13 months and I am close to my bodyfat goal I am sure I will be taking an AVI pic soon, I just don't really have any muscle pics of me on my computer haha.
Got to love zyzz very beautiful man "no homo"