Opinions on my cut please - AnabolicMinds.com

Opinions on my cut please

  1. New Member
    blackhawks87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Opinions on my cut please


    Hello all,

    I have been cutting for about 8 months now and im wondering if i should start bulking.. I feel like im shrinking quite a bit and feeling tiny..

    im 168 lb now and 5ft8

    Also does anyone have a body fat % guess?

    in your opinion do you guys think continue cut or start a slow bulk?Name:  Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.21.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  62.3 KBName:  Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.21.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  62.3 KBName:  Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.23.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  64.8 KB


    Name:  Photo on 2012-07-31 at 20.21 #2.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  65.4 KB

    Thanks for your opinions!

  2. Advanced Member
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48047

    Reputation

    Sub 15% I would guess, nice work.
    It might be time to start a clean bulk, you should be able to put on some serious mass.
    Good luck.
    Peace
  3. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33557

    Reputation

    I would ever so gradually up calories by 200 grams. whether it be 50 more carbs -whatever-your your own experiment

    The reason i think its a bad idea to up calories too much too fast is in my experience I gained more fat coming off a hard cut (contest preparation), and this time around I am staying much leaner and feel better
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    blackhawks87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by toddgranit View Post
    Sub 15% I would guess, nice work.
    It might be time to start a clean bulk, you should be able to put on some serious mass.
    Good luck.
    Peace
    Thank you man! i definitely want too.. and this time do it correctly.. in your experience or opinion do you think with a 200-300 cal surplus you can put on only mass gradually or do you think fat is inevitable..
  5. New Member
    blackhawks87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I would ever so gradually up calories by 200 grams. whether it be 50 more carbs -whatever-your your own experiment

    The reason i think its a bad idea to up calories too much too fast is in my experience I gained more fat coming off a hard cut (contest preparation), and this time around I am staying much leaner and feel better
    I appreciate the response and sound advice.. That is definitely a fear of mine.. I do want a lot more muscle mass but not at the expense of being a pud... I will try adding calories very slowly starting with 200 for a week and monitoring mirror and weight.. Any advice on a routine that you have had good experience with? Right now im doing Layne Nortons Hypertrophy/power 6 days a week.. I think i may need to lower the intensity maybe..
  6. New Member
    blackhawks87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    I added one more pic of a front shot.. I know my chest has some issues.. not sure if its gyno or what but I do def hate it haha... soo frustrating...
  7. Advanced Member
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48047

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawks87
    I added one more pic of a front shot.. I know my chest has some issues.. not sure if its gyno or what but I do def hate it haha... soo frustrating...
    Doesn't look like gyno, just a little chest fat.
    It will disappear, when your chest fills out a little more, and you drop a little more fat.
    Keep lifting heavy, and eating clean.
    As far as lean bulking is concerned, I've had great success with carb cycling.
    I'm not even very strict with it.
    On non workout days, I eat under 100 grams of carbs a day,
    And on workout days I eat over 300 grams of carbs a day.
    I workout 3 days a week.
    I don't bother with a medium carb day.
    I know it's not very scientific, but it works for me.
    In the last three months I've managed to put on 7 pounds of lean mass, and my body fat has gone down.
    It's not dramatic, but as a lifetime natural with 20 years of lifting experience, it's pretty good.
    At your age and experience, you should be able to do much better.
    Good luck.
    Peace
  8. New Member
    blackhawks87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by toddgranit View Post
    Doesn't look like gyno, just a little chest fat.
    It will disappear, when your chest fills out a little more, and you drop a little more fat.
    Keep lifting heavy, and eating clean.
    As far as lean bulking is concerned, I've had great success with carb cycling.
    I'm not even very strict with it.
    On non workout days, I eat under 100 grams of carbs a day,
    And on workout days I eat over 300 grams of carbs a day.
    I workout 3 days a week.
    I don't bother with a medium carb day.
    I know it's not very scientific, but it works for me.
    In the last three months I've managed to put on 7 pounds of lean mass, and my body fat has gone down.
    It's not dramatic, but as a lifetime natural with 20 years of lifting experience, it's pretty good.
    At your age and experience, you should be able to do much better.
    Good luck.
    Peace
    Appreciate the advice man.. I will try carb cycling when i start my clean slow bulk. Do you have any advice on workouts? Im thinking of doing a 4 day split.. Mon-Power upper body Tues - power lower body.. Wed Off Thurs - Hyper Upper Fri Hyper Lower- Sat off Sun off.. Any thoughts?
  9. New Member
    blackhawks87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Does anyone here recommend a certain routine for clean bulking or just keep the same as cutting and so on... alternate power and hypertrophy..?
  10. Advanced Member
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    48047

    Reputation

    Bulking and cutting, is all about diet.
    If your routine is working for you, I would continue using it.
    Good luck.
    Peace
  11. New Member
    blackhawks87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by toddgranit View Post
    Bulking and cutting, is all about diet.
    If your routine is working for you, I would continue using it.
    Good luck.
    Peace
    ok thanks man appreciate it all.. adding to your rep for sure! very helpful
  12. Advanced Member
    masonmarin18's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    62294

    Reputation Reputation

    Looks like you are around 13-14% bf is my guess. As for if you should bulk / cut is up to you. Just think are you happy with how lean you are currently? Or would you like more definition, if I was in your position I would finish what I started and cut to single digits before thinking about a slow bulk. It is all about what makes YOU happy, you don't need other people to tell you how to tune your body! If you want more definition then keep cutting for another month or two and then start your bulk.

    As for feeling tiny I understand what you mean, I did a dirty bulk because I didn't know what I was doing with diet etc and bulked from 140-175 in 8 months. Now I've cut down to 150 lbs and I "feel" like I am a little tiny, but you know what I am lifting almost just as much as I was when I was 175 at a whole 25 lbs lighter and I am close to my goal of 6% bf and I feel really good about it. A leaner body is a more anabolic body so it should set me up well for my lean bulk this year.

    Whatever you decide to do good luck, people above have given good advice too if you decide to bulk up the cals slowly, cheers .
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  13. Advanced Member
    live to lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    292586

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18
    Looks like you are around 13-14% bf is my guess. As for if you should bulk / cut is up to you. Just think are you happy with how lean you are currently? Or would you like more definition, if I was in your position I would finish what I started and cut to single digits before thinking about a slow bulk. It is all about what makes YOU happy, you don't need other people to tell you how to tune your body! If you want more definition then keep cutting for another month or two and then start your bulk.

    As for feeling tiny I understand what you mean, I did a dirty bulk because I didn't know what I was doing with diet etc and bulked from 140-175 in 8 months. Now I've cut down to 150 lbs and I "feel" like I am a little tiny, but you know what I am lifting almost just as much as I was when I was 175 at a whole 25 lbs lighter and I am close to my goal of 6% bf and I feel really good about it. A leaner body is a more anabolic body so it should set me up well for my lean bulk this year.

    Whatever you decide to do good luck, people above have given good advice too if you decide to bulk up the cals slowly, cheers .
    Is that u in ur avitar?
  14. Banned
    epstaneman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I almost thought you had gyno too. If its just fat...even better. You'll get rid of it burning more fat and building some muscle. Either the case you look lean bro. Would definitely be okay to start a lean bulk. Slowly ramp up the carbs and calories. Clean foods = lean bulk


    I personally would wait till I have a much lower bf% before bulking but when you want to get huge....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it.
  15. Advanced Member
    masonmarin18's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    62294

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by live to lift View Post
    Is that u in ur avitar?
    Nah it isn't, when I made this account last September I just threw up a pic of Zyzz. Now that I have been training consecutively for 13 months and I am close to my bodyfat goal I am sure I will be taking an AVI pic soon, I just don't really have any muscle pics of me on my computer haha.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  16. Advanced Member
    live to lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    292586

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by masonmarin18

    Nah it isn't, when I made this account last September I just threw up a pic of Zyzz. Now that I have been training consecutively for 13 months and I am close to my bodyfat goal I am sure I will be taking an AVI pic soon, I just don't really have any muscle pics of me on my computer haha.
    Got to love zyzz very beautiful man "no homo"
  17. Advanced Member
    masonmarin18's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    62294

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by live to lift View Post
    Got to love zyzz very beautiful man "no homo"
    I agree man, amazing physique, inspiration to many.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 05:20 PM
  2. Opinions on my next cycle please
    By preston25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 06:35 AM
  3. First Post...Opinions on my stash please!
    By BoneDaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
  4. Opinions on my cutting diet
    By machinehead23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 04:41 PM
  5. Opinions on my next cut cycle
    By candle25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 02:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in