30days 32lbs

gilly88

Awards
hello everyone im new and i currently weight 212lbs i started my weight loss at 288 and my goal is 180 at 7 to 10% body fat i am currently at 21% body fat. i want to finish and finally reach my goal. i have read that to get to that percentage diet is key and i am looking to see if anyone can recomend some type of meal plan so i can finally get my 6pack going. im looking to try to reach goal in about 30 days.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Accomplishing that in 30 days is very unrealistic. That's over a pound of fat lost per day. Additionally, your goals and target weight would mean a significant loss in lean body mass, which certainly isn't a plus. Do some research and figure what a more realistic timeframe could be in which to accomplish your goals. Eating for weightloss has been written about ad nauseam as well. Hit google and read up. :)

gilly88

Awards
unrealistic maybe but it gives me the motivation to push harder to accomplish goal. and based on what i caculated 9% body fat should put me at about 185lbs without loosing any lean mass.

gilly88

Awards
21% of 212lbs is 44.52lbs of body fat subtract 44.52 from 212 puts lean weight at 167.48 multiply 167.48 by 9% that would be 15.0732 add 167.48 plus 15.0732 puts me at 182.55lbs at 9%body fat. so i need to loose about 29.5lbs to reach goal without loosing lean mass. someone correct my caculation if im wrong plz. thanks.

Wilcox

Awards
Your goal is unrealistic and potentially can cause problems. Just letting you know. Stay healthy, don't push yourself to an extreme level to where you will cause bodily harm.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
21% of 212lbs is 44.52lbs of body fat subtract 44.52 from 212 puts lean weight at 167.48 multiply 167.48 by 9% that would be 15.0732 add 167.48 plus 15.0732 puts me at 182.55lbs at 9%body fat. so i need to loose about 29.5lbs to reach goal without loosing lean mass. someone correct my caculation if im wrong plz. thanks.
Its not about having the bodyweight work for the amount of LBM you ha e now. The body won't work like that, with the caloric deficit required to lose that kind of weight your body will be burning muscle for energy along with fat. Pick a more realistic time hack and you will see better results and have more motivation in the long run.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the calculation in and of itself is correct, but losing 7lbs a week will cause you to lose about 4-5lbs of lean tissue along with 2-3 of fat.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
multiply 167.48 by 9% that would be 15.0732 add 167.48 plus 15.0732 puts me at 182.55lbs at 9%body fat. so i need to loose about 29.5lbs to reach goal without loosing lean mass. someone correct my caculation if im wrong plz. thanks.
Well, if you managed to do that, you'd actually be at ~8% BF, since 14.5/182 = 0.0796 The 14.5 is what's left after losing 30 of your 44.5lb of fat.

But my point is that would require at least a 3500kcal/day deficit and your body's not going to get all that substrate from just fat. Lean tissue will be catabolised when you eat so far under maintenance levels. Most trainers consider 1-2lb of weight loss/week a reasonable goal unless you're obese. At 21% BF you might be able to manage a bit more than that per week, but 1lb/day is impractical.

gilly88

Awards
thanks for all the input i like to here different oppions and i see the time i want is unrealistic. lol. so whatever the time being that it may take is fine i just like to push for redicilious numbers. does anyone have a decent meal plan to recomend?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for all the input i like to here different oppions and i see the time i want is unrealistic. lol. so whatever the time being that it may take is fine i just like to push for redicilious numbers. does anyone have a decent meal plan to recomend?
reality is that its better for you to tell us your current meal plan, and us to tweak it than for one of us to spout out our recommendation because it likely will be things you refuse to eat, don't like to prepare, can't afford, etc. Yesterday across my 2 meals for the day I ate almost 2lbs of wild caught alaskan sockeye salmon for instance... so better to see how you eat now and adjust. easier for you as well

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's very difficult to hear especially when you have a lot to drop off, but your results as others have said will be better going slower. Doesn't seem to make sense, but it's the truth.

gilly88

Awards
breakfast= meal bar and banana or oatmeal and banana, morning snack= some fruit with almonds. lunch= mixed vegetables with some meat chicken/fish/ pork chops/ ect. snack= almonds than i go to the gym later in the day and have a meal shake protine, banana, and peanuts. some of the guys at my gym reccomend me to eat some starch carbs like potatos and brown rice, others say stick with complex carbs like fruits. i have no idea so im trying to get different oppions. thanks.

Last edited:

gilly88

Awards
i just want to finish up i have been at this for like 10 months now i need to finish before i loose my motivation.
It's very difficult to hear especially when you have a lot to drop off, but your results as others have said will be better going slower. Doesn't seem to make sense, but it's the truth.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
breakfast= meal bar and banana or oatmeal and banana
morning snack= some fruit with almonds.
lunch= mixed vegetables with some meat chicken/fish/ pork chops/ ect.
snack= almonds than i go to the gym later in the day and have a
post workout = meal shake protine, banana, and peanuts. some of the guys at my gym reccomend me to eat some starch carbs like potatos and brown rice, others say stick with complex carbs like fruits. i have no idea so im trying to get different oppions. thanks.
ok for starters, looks like you are getting too much in carbohydrates, not enough in protein. At 200lbs, you need to get at absolute least 120g of protein in, and you apparently get a shake post workout, plus whatever you get at lunch. you should have some sort of protein earlier in the day as well. adding 3-4 eggs in place of the meal bar or oatmeal would be a start. some beef jerky along with the almonds for the snack too would not hurt.

But when you talk about meals, you should add quantity/weight/volume. If you aren't measuring and counting, then you can't have much of an idea how many calories you are taking in.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just want to finish up i have been at this for like 10 months now i need to finish before i loose my motivation.
this is a problem too you know. Its not like you can go back to eating or living the way you used to after you are finished. its got to be a lifestyle change

xjjw

Awards
Just for accuracy 9% from your start is 184 lbs. the inaccuracies came from multiplying target lean by 9% when really 9% is based on your total result weight.

I like the target weight calculator on exrx dot net.

gilly88

Awards
i caculated all of my food at about 1800 cal a day. and i completly understand this is a lifestyle change i do not plan on ever being as big as i was i would rather bust ass on maintaining than the initial cut, its a mental thing i think. once i get it i dont want to loose it. so i should include some more meat in the day sounds like something i can accomplish.

ok for starters, looks like you are getting too much in carbohydrates, not enough in protein. At 200lbs, you need to get at absolute least 120g of protein in, and you apparently get a shake post workout, plus whatever you get at lunch. you should have some sort of protein earlier in the day as well. adding 3-4 eggs in place of the meal bar or oatmeal would be a start. some beef jerky along with the almonds for the snack too would not hurt.

But when you talk about meals, you should add quantity/weight/volume. If you aren't measuring and counting, then you can't have much of an idea how many calories you are taking in.

gilly88

Awards
i like that web site just cant find the caculator for target weight.

Just for accuracy 9% from your start is 184 lbs. the inaccuracies came from multiplying target lean by 9% when really 9% is based on your total result weight.

I like the target weight calculator on exrx dot net.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Dropping more than 1 lb a week is DANGEROUS friend. I'll explain. Firstly, your body has what is called a Basale Metabolic Rate (BMR as it is referred to) which is the energy required to sustain life. At 200lbs+, your would require a lot more kcals than what your are feeding it and if you fail to even hit your BMR kcals then you risk damaging your physiological systems (i.e. heart beat, kidney function, breathing etc.). Of course when Kcals are too low, your body hits survival mode and does whatever it can to avoid shut down. In your case it would start catabolizing lean muscle mass and fat mass in order to supply its needs.

So yes you might lose "scale weight", but the drastic drop in ideal body composition is not worth it. You may actually end up lighter but with an overall higher body fat %. And ill explain why; when you cause your body to hit survival mode, any food you give it after that point actually has a higher chance of being stored as fat; the reason the body does this is that the body will use what it needs to form your food and quickly store the rest as fat to use as back up if food supply continues to drop; its your bodies way of ensuring you stay alive as long as possible.

Also, you will drop lean muscle mass as your body will prioritize your physiological functions over metabolic tissue and will quickly shut down any thing that consumes high amounts of energy (i.e. lean muscle mass). So your body, sensing it would rather stay alive than be muscular, will rapidly eat at your muscle in order to stop it consuming energy.

Ive also only covered BMR, and BMR does not include the thermic effect of food, any exercise etc, so any work on top of BMR requires more energy. If your not even eating enough to cover BMR, then all your doing is causing more harm than good

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i would be afraid of lose skin dropping weight that fast... I know a kid who dropped 60 pounds in like 3 months and he had skin that would hang over his belt... no bueno....

gilly88

Awards
wow.. thank you jigzz.

Dropping more than 1 lb a week is DANGEROUS friend. I'll explain. Firstly, your body has what is called a Basale Metabolic Rate (BMR as it is referred to) which is the energy required to sustain life. At 200lbs+, your would require a lot more kcals than what your are feeding it and if you fail to even hit your BMR kcals then you risk damaging your physiological systems (i.e. heart beat, kidney function, breathing etc.). Of course when Kcals are too low, your body hits survival mode and does whatever it can to avoid shut down. In your case it would start catabolizing lean muscle mass and fat mass in order to supply its needs.

So yes you might lose "scale weight", but the drastic drop in ideal body composition is not worth it. You may actually end up lighter but with an overall higher body fat %. And ill explain why; when you cause your body to hit survival mode, any food you give it after that point actually has a higher chance of being stored as fat; the reason the body does this is that the body will use what it needs to form your food and quickly store the rest as fat to use as back up if food supply continues to drop; its your bodies way of ensuring you stay alive as long as possible.

Also, you will drop lean muscle mass as your body will prioritize your physiological functions over metabolic tissue and will quickly shut down any thing that consumes high amounts of energy (i.e. lean muscle mass). So your body, sensing it would rather stay alive than be muscular, will rapidly eat at your muscle in order to stop it consuming energy.

Ive also only covered BMR, and BMR does not include the thermic effect of food, any exercise etc, so any work on top of BMR requires more energy. If your not even eating enough to cover BMR, then all your doing is causing more harm than good

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
So many words......so..........so many.

Effort to give help is now lost.

Good luck!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established

^^^^^

This. What you are proposing is actually dangerous. I guarantee if you try losing that amount of weight within that timeframe you will not achieve it and you will become seriously ill. Speaking from experience.

dillianc

Awards
You need to be smart about this and lose the appropriate amount of weight in an appropriate time frame

Also doing this for 10 months and then going back to your old ways is in healthy. You need to make this a lifestyle change and always challenge yourself. Keep yourself motivated by wanting the best for your body mind and soul. You don't have to be a body builder or a health fanatic to be healthy and happy. Eat in moderation, exercise regularly and enjoy doing it.