How do you add oats to your diet?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Wink

I think i need a new blender as well...i usually add some milk to the bottom of my shake (as all the unchopped oats are stuck together there) swirl it around and kick it back...its not the tastiest shot but better than grain alcohol

How much oats do most of you use in a single shake, i know i put usually around a cup or a little less?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    Grind the oats in a coffee bean grinder then add to your shakes.

Bump on the Bobs Redmill products. My local grocery store carries the line of foods.
    I know this is a little old now, but when you grind the oats up do they get oily or anything in the coffee grinder?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by g4ud1n
    I know this is a little old now, but when you grind the oats up do they get oily or anything in the coffee grinder?

No they're dry. Don't worry, it won't hurt your coffee grinder.

4. Good, I dont want to use my blender multiple times a day. Cleaning it out sucks ass.

5. Sorry to bump this old thread, but I feel that this is a good thread for the new guys to read over. Oats are essential to gaining and overall health. The coffee grinder trick helped me to increase my daily oat intake threefold on average.

The oats will not ruin the grinder, but the trick is to keep going until you really get a powder. I grind a bunch at once and keep in a thick plastic bag (freezer bags work well). If you weigh them inside a few different leftover supplement scoops from your scoop stash, you can likely find one equal to a serving size. I found one which is exactly a serving by weight at two level scoops.

To avoid the clumpiness or all the oats sinking to the bottom, my best recommendation is just to get in the habit of swishing it around a bit before each drink is taken. This keeps everything evenly mixed.

I have also found that you can grind other seeds and grains for a more complex nutrient profile. Flaxseed, hemp, and sesame seeds all work well. Chia seeds will, however, make a thick, gelatinous mess as they thicken the shake up to almost solid. Anything else I've found shakes up perfectly as long as you grind the life out of it with the coffee grinder.
    •   

6. I don't own a coffee grinder, but making oat flour from rolled oats works quite well in my blender. I blend about a weeks worth at a time, similar to what you are doing. Aside from shakes, I've found that the ground up oats cook up similar to cream of wheat. And then I'll add a few scoops of protein powder for flavor. Not too shabby.

7. Edit: didnt see how old this post is.

Surely it can be closed.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Volcanus View Post
    I don't own a coffee grinder, but making oat flour from rolled oats works quite well in my blender. I blend about a weeks worth at a time, similar to what you are doing. Aside from shakes, I've found that the ground up oats cook up similar to cream of wheat. And then I'll add a few scoops of protein powder for flavor. Not too shabby.
    Funny that you'd mention about the blender--my roommate just advised me of the same thing today after trying it with my Ninja. Thats a good idea for the cooking as well. I enjoy cream of wheat-style porridge, but have not been consuming it lately.

9. Quote Originally Posted by saywutrly View Post
    Funny that you'd mention about the blender--my roommate just advised me of the same thing today after trying it with my Ninja. Thats a good idea for the cooking as well. I enjoy cream of wheat-style porridge, but have not been consuming it lately.
    Blended oats are very similar to cream of wheat when cooked, which is on of my favorites too. Cream of Wheat on its own is also a great carb source.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

10. Not trying to plug anything, but Rich Piana has a product with oats and a few other clean carb sources that mixes OK in a shake.

But I couldn't help thinking of this when I read this post, so I'll just leave this here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj4iJnJQsHI

11. Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWilly View Post
    Not trying to plug anything, but Rich Piana has a product with oats and a few other clean carb sources that mixes OK in a shake.

But I couldn't help thinking of this when I read this post, so I'll just leave this here.
    LMAO..time to eat oats and slap some ass!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] ons.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWilly View Post
    Not trying to plug anything, but Rich Piana has a product with oats and a few other clean carb sources that mixes OK in a shake.

Who cares?. Rich Piano is a douche. So many of you young guys just love swingin on his balls though.

You also might be more comfortable in this thread,

I'm super gay for Rich Piana!

13. Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWilly View Post
    I find that its more cost effective to make your own grain flours. If you're into carb supplements, though, Karbolyn is the best one I've found for pre/intra-workout. No exaggeration, the rest of my body gets tired before my muscles when running it.

14. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Who cares?. Rich Piano is a douche. So many of you young guys just love swingin on his balls though.
    LOL! I totally second this. I'm still relatively young, but not a fan.

15. Quote Originally Posted by saywutrly View Post
    LOL! I totally second this. I'm still relatively young, but not a fan.
    I know it's like strap your boners down dudes, he's a guy.

16. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I know it's like strap your boners down dudes, he's a guy.
    Word. Here's a more enjoyable video. https://www.facebook.com/TEHMEENAFAN...7804186581771/

17. Well before you two start strapping down on each others boners, show me one other body building labelled supplement that contains clean carbs without protein. Don't even worry about the oats, which it has.

18. Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWilly View Post
    Well before you two start strapping down on each others boners, show me one other body building labelled supplement that contains clean carbs without protein. Don't even worry about the oats, which it has.
    I literally just mentioned Karbolyn. Cutler Nutrition also has Total Carb. Neither contain oats, but I'd rather that paid-for blends contain stuff I can't include more cost-effectively on my own. I realize that the oats could quite likely be the reason you mentioned this product. We're just sick of hearing about Piana.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do you guys dispose of your gear?
    By xerbia in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 03:22 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 08:29 AM
  3. How do you guys figure out your macros?
    By mchief101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 12:55 AM
  4. How do you guys split up your test dose?
    By mikeyboyeee in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
  5. how do you import icons for your name?
    By good_guye28 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 12:21 PM