cheat and weight loss

seasoul

Awards
I'm cutting to get my fat % below 10% so my abs can be seen.

I have tried on my body to practise a low-carb, very strict diet for 1 week and then have an entire 1 DAY of cheat (eating chocolate, carbs,scones etc.), then I have repeatead all again (1 week of lo-carb, high protein, very very strict diet and then again 1 day of cheating).

At the end of each week I weight myself and the cheat doesn't seem to affect my standard weight.
However, I am not sure about one thing: if the weight is not affected, can I take that the % fat, % muscles is not affected as well?

Cheers

zeroshens

Awards
If you diet all week but then once a week eat a lot of crap you can still end up at a calorie surplus or break even to maintain. If you want to lose that fat its a battle you are gonna fight for 12 to 20 weeks. A cheat MEAL @ 200 to 600 calories over your typical meal is size is all you get when you really really really need it. If you can't give that up then this lIfestyle might not be for you!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
A cheat day isn't so bad when running in a deficit. If your in a deficit for too long then your metabolism slows down and a cheat day when you eat over maintenance and let it go a bit will fire your metabolism back up again.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
If you diet all week but then once a week eat a lot of crap you can still end up at a calorie surplus or break even to maintain. If you want to lose that fat its a battle you are gonna fight for 12 to 20 weeks. A cheat MEAL @ 200 to 600 calories over your typical meal is size is all you get when you really really really need it. If you can't give that up then this lIfestyle might not be for you!
The last sentence is a little harsh i doubt even urself does everything 100%

uvawahoowa

Awards
The last sentence is a little harsh i doubt even urself does everything 100%
Doesn't mean he is wrong though. When cutting I like the idea of a refeed day better than a cheat day. Cheat implies craps food, while refeed is just an increased quantity of typical cutting foods.

If you do have a planned cheat while cutting it should be a cheat meal not a cheat day. Just my $.02

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On my "cheat days" usually a sunday, ill have two doughnuts in the morning and some pizza at night. All other meals are the same as they are through the week (mon-sat)

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Highly depends on your diet as a whole. On my last diet, my cheat days(once a week) were in upwards of 15k calories.

What I am not understanding from the op is this.
At the end of each week I weight myself and the cheat doesn't seem to affect my standard weight.
What do you mean by "standard" weight? If you cheat every Saturday, then friday/saturday morning when you weigh in, you SHOULD be down below the previous weeks low.

masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Large calorie surplus's especially with high fat content foods will lead into fat storage even if its one day, depending how much fat you lost that week you could possibly gain all the fat back you worked so hard to burn the last 6 days. If you need a cheat day maybe try to control it a bit by having a few of your favorite foods and still counting your calories to an extent to know you aren't doing to much damage to your goals.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
On my "cheat days" usually a sunday, ill have two doughnuts in the morning and some pizza at night. All other meals are the same as they are through the week (mon-sat)
Easy going Sunday there huh Tyga?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Easy going Sunday there huh Tyga?
Yes sir, i figure after church i should treat my self with doughnuts lol The pizza.. i cant justify, i love some $5 cheese pizza from little ceasers.