cheat and weight loss

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.67%

cheat and weight loss

I'm cutting to get my fat % below 10% so my abs can be seen.

I have tried on my body to practise a low-carb, very strict diet for 1 week and then have an entire 1 DAY of cheat (eating chocolate, carbs,scones etc.), then I have repeatead all again (1 week of lo-carb, high protein, very very strict diet and then again 1 day of cheating).

At the end of each week I weight myself and the cheat doesn't seem to affect my standard weight.
    However, I am not sure about one thing: if the weight is not affected, can I take that the % fat, % muscles is not affected as well?

Cheers

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.03%

If you diet all week but then once a week eat a lot of crap you can still end up at a calorie surplus or break even to maintain. If you want to lose that fat its a battle you are gonna fight for 12 to 20 weeks. A cheat MEAL @ 200 to 600 calories over your typical meal is size is all you get when you really really really need it. If you can't give that up then this lIfestyle might not be for you!
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

A cheat day isn't so bad when running in a deficit. If your in a deficit for too long then your metabolism slows down and a cheat day when you eat over maintenance and let it go a bit will fire your metabolism back up again.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.16%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zeroshens
    If you diet all week but then once a week eat a lot of crap you can still end up at a calorie surplus or break even to maintain. If you want to lose that fat its a battle you are gonna fight for 12 to 20 weeks. A cheat MEAL @ 200 to 600 calories over your typical meal is size is all you get when you really really really need it. If you can't give that up then this lIfestyle might not be for you!
    The last sentence is a little harsh i doubt even urself does everything 100%
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by live to lift

The last sentence is a little harsh i doubt even urself does everything 100%
    Doesn't mean he is wrong though. When cutting I like the idea of a refeed day better than a cheat day. Cheat implies craps food, while refeed is just an increased quantity of typical cutting foods.

If you do have a planned cheat while cutting it should be a cheat meal not a cheat day. Just my $.02
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.44%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

On my "cheat days" usually a sunday, ill have two doughnuts in the morning and some pizza at night. All other meals are the same as they are through the week (mon-sat)
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zeroshens View Post
    Highly depends on your diet as a whole. On my last diet, my cheat days(once a week) were in upwards of 15k calories.

What I am not understanding from the op is this.
    At the end of each week I weight myself and the cheat doesn't seem to affect my standard weight.
    What do you mean by "standard" weight? If you cheat every Saturday, then friday/saturday morning when you weigh in, you SHOULD be down below the previous weeks low.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.89%

Large calorie surplus's especially with high fat content foods will lead into fat storage even if its one day, depending how much fat you lost that week you could possibly gain all the fat back you worked so hard to burn the last 6 days. If you need a cheat day maybe try to control it a bit by having a few of your favorite foods and still counting your calories to an extent to know you aren't doing to much damage to your goals.
    “Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -R.I.P Zyzz-
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.71%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga
    On my "cheat days" usually a sunday, ill have two doughnuts in the morning and some pizza at night. All other meals are the same as they are through the week (mon-sat)
    Easy going Sunday there huh Tyga?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.44%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Easy going Sunday there huh Tyga?
    Yes sir, i figure after church i should treat my self with doughnuts lol The pizza.. i cant justify, i love some $5 cheese pizza from little ceasers.
    MYOKEM ATHLETE & REP
    BJOHNSON15 @MYOKEM.COM FOR 15% OFF

PSALMS 62:1- 62:2

Similar Forum Threads

1. cortisol/estradiol and weight loss
    By grape ape in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
  2. CNS HEALTH and Weight Loss
    By workin2005 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 04:18 PM