- 07-24-2012, 07:53 PM
so..i've been working out with a good friend he used to work out back in the day, fell off and sarted again, when he fell off he bumped his weight to 250.. since then he lost about 30 lbs he is 5'7,5'8 and 22 yrs old... his main problem is sagging skin around his stomach area, i can see alot of visible fat loss on him but when he lifts up his shirt he has that sag, he was asking me if hitting abs with heavy weight would help, or is it cardio related...do you build the muscle into the skin or do you try to get the skin tighter so it recedes into the muscle. i have no idea i've always been relatively skinny i promised him i'd try to find some answers for him....he seems to be conscious about it, any input guys? im assuming a few people on the board have been there
- 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Drinking a lot of water helps with loose skin and some creams can have an effect. Only thing to do really is surgery or bulking up so the muscle stretches out the loose skin
- 08-07-2012, 03:26 AM
oh the old loose skin problem.
So I was 210lbs and I am currently 145lbs so obviously there is some loose skin.
Proud to say that it is going away, I have tried so many things and im not sure what worked, what didnt, what worked best, what was pointless but here are some of the things i did
1) grapefruit seed extract 3 times a day
2) DO NOT LOSE WEIGHT TOO FAST
3)hydration is so important
4)invest in a loofa and give yourself a good scrub 3 times a week
5)planks! workout your transverse abdominus area
6) v sit ups and 3 way crunches working out all areas of your core is vital
7) stay away from fatty foods eat clean allow your body to absorb the good nutrients
Skin is tricky but it does go back to normal it just takes time.
08-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Aside from surgery, it's just time. He's young so it will snap back. More of an issue as you get older.
08-07-2012, 12:56 PM
- 5'5" 185 lbs.
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
There are no supplements you can take and 'time' will not do very much. When you have excessive skin from being well over 200 pounds, you NEED surgery to get rid of it.
At the end of the day, the main thing is that he is now in a healthy weight and his fitness level has improved. Just gatta roll with the punches.
Similar Forum Threads
- By MakaveliThaDon in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2007, 12:19 AM
- By IronMarc in forum PicsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-20-2006, 12:53 PM
- By Blown_SC in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 05-19-2005, 09:07 PM
- By okboy63 in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:53 AM
- By jones25 in forum Weight LossReplies: 10Last Post: 07-29-2004, 05:02 AM