Need to lose 50lbs, HELP!!!!

Dorean

Dorean

Awards
Hey guys, went through a major battle with Cancer, and finally won!!! Yea me! Now, after the suggested wait time (13 mos), I am cleared by my Doctor to workout. As part of the recovery I needed to eat, and rest....I did that, and blew up. Not good fat, just sloppy. Uggh, so frustrated. I now weigh close to 170lbs. But...here is the problem, I am a 4' 11" female, and will be turning 43 tomorrow. I have no problem putting in the work, I used to be fit at one time....lol But I need help, haven't worked out for so long, and never had to for FAT LOSS...I don't know where to start!! Need energy....motivation....and support!! PLEASE HELP!!

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards

sarguy

Awards
  • Established
I've personally had great success with a Paleo-type diet. (I'm down over 60 lbs now) Robb Wolf has a great site with a free quick-start guide, and there are many podcasts out there you can learn from as well. www.robbwolf.com

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
I would try the leangains approach i have been following the cutting regimen for 3 months and have lost 40 lbs and it was easy

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I second the paleo diet. If you follow it strictly you will drop fat and maintain muscle

mk3less

mk3less

Awards
I too recommend lean gains or I.F . One of the best decisions I done . Good luck!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would try the leangains approach i have been following the cutting regimen for 3 months and have lost 40 lbs and it was easy
2nd this. If nothing else, get your macronutrient requirements sorted out, then hit those numbers cleanly. Should be easy to drop the first 25 or so with simple diet changes.

Congrats on beating cancer!!!!

Dorean

Dorean

Awards
I know, and you have been great!! Encouraging too...I need that!! Thanks for all the support!! Cant tell you what it means!

Dorean

Dorean

Awards
Awesome!! Great, thanks for the info!!! Appreciate it!

Dorean

Dorean

Awards
2nd this. If nothing else, get your macronutrient requirements sorted out, then hit those numbers cleanly. Should be easy to drop the first 25 or so with simple diet changes.

Congrats on beating cancer!!!!
Thanks for the Congrats!! After winning that battle, I have my life...losing weight should be nothing!!! I'm on a mission! lol :)

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
I'd like to know more about that??? Thanks for the insight!
Check out rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/ also there is a large thread about leangains on the nutrition forums

Dorean

Dorean

Awards
Checked out the thread about leangains, and got some more info. Hit the grocery store and made some major changes. Got up and went to the gym at 6am this morning....felt really tired, but pushed it....and now sore...but lovin it!! Today is the start of the rest of my life!...Those guys at the gym are gonna know me by name!! Thanks for all the support guys! :)

Johnnyboy004

Johnnyboy004

Awards
Thanks for the Congrats!! After winning that battle, I have my life...losing weight should be nothing!!! I'm on a mission! lol :)
Congrats! And good luck.

The hardest part after some time off is always getting started. Once you lose your first few pounds you will be addicted. Lean gains is great, but it might be a challenge for you to start cold turkey. I've found that the hardest part of any cut is being bored at home in the night time because it makes me want to eat. A good way to combat that, whether on lean gains or just eating healthier, is to keep your calories lower from breakfast until your last meal or dinner for the evening. Then stuff your face with lean protein. A 12 ounce boneless skinless grilled chicken breast is a large piece of chicken. It only has 3 grams of fat and 330 calories. It will leave you feeling full, and protein takes a while to digest so you won't go to bed hungry.

Check out myfitnesspal.com. There is a great app for your phone and computer to track your daily macros. You can even scan the barcodes on food to get exact info. Nothing works better than knowing exactly what you are putting in your body.