Cant not drop a single pound, what am i doing wrong?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Of course fuelledpasion isnt wrong, but I would much rather do 15 minutes of HIIT after lifting (before would f*** me over and ruin my workout haha) than 2 hours low intensity work. And think of all the extra calories you burn at rest afterwards with the heightened metabolism

2. The article quoted is some pretty old school stuff, athletes have moved into more HIIT based routines for the past several years. To me the proof is in the pudding. Compare a Marathon runner and a Sprinter, immediate conclusions are that both forms of running burn fat but only one burns muscle. My Opinion is that both forms should be used in moderation to help give me more all around fitness, my old body can't take HIIT every day.
    If your truly doing HIIT the advantage is you get a lot more bang for your buck, you can wipe out a big mac in 10-15 min, where steadying jogging is going to take you around 30-40 min. The disadvantage is it is painful!
    IMO combine and moderate=success
    •   

3. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion

Actually easy, we're both right. Lower intensity cardio tends to pull a greater percentage of its energy from fat cells rather than glucose, but higher intensity cardio demands more oxygen and thus burns more fat in the same amiunt of time due to the energy expenditure. Either way is good and effective but the ojly benefit low intensity would have is the fact that u can perform much longer durations of it compared to high intensity.

So low intensity pulls a greater percentage of fat cells but high intensity has a much greater rate of oxidation thus burning just as much if not more fat cells in the process since considerably more energy is consumed. The point is that cardio is the only effective way to burn fat. Anaerobic exercise is not. And either form of csrdio would be best done in a csrb-depleted state to further accelerate fat burning.

One substantial benefit of high intensity cardio is vascular density. Vascular density is necessary for muscle growth especially when u r approaching ur genetic limit.

I did not mean to imply that low intensity is the only way. I'm still learning like everyone else and I promise my source of information is legit like no other. There are just alot of exceptions to every rule in fitness and health.
    That is why 10-20 minutes of low intensity is good right after, to burn up any spare fatty acids currently in bloodstream
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

4. I believe the "oxygen" reference is to EPOC correct? Something like exercise post oxygen consumption?

I go back and forth on hitt vs liss. I really like the bear complex for burning fat, 135lbs for 4x5 and you will be drenched in sweat and lungs on fire if you do it as fast as you can.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Actually this is not true, HIIT is the best way to lose fat mass. Yes, low intensity cardio will derive most of its fuel from fat, but the total VOLUME of fat burned is lower than an HIIT workout. HIIT burns more total fat during and also creates an 'afterburn' which elevates metabolism.
    I mentioned exactly what ur saying sometime later after that post...I am aware of the total volume of fat burned can be hiher with HIIT rather than low-intensity.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    That is why 10-20 minutes of low intensity is good right after, to burn up any spare fatty acids currently in bloodstream
    Good after anaerobic or good after HIIT?
  7. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Good after anaerobic or good after HIIT?
    I think just after anaerobic, but it might have some advantages after HIIT, even just as a cool down. 12 minutes of HIIT followed by 15 of LISS doesn't sound bad
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

8. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    I mentioned exactly what ur saying sometime later after that post...I am aware of the total volume of fat burned can be hiher with HIIT rather than low-intensity.
    I read that after I posted haha

9. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I think just after anaerobic, but it might have some advantages after HIIT, even just as a cool down. 12 minutes of HIIT followed by 15 of LISS doesn't sound bad
    I did low-intensity cardio for a 1 mile run yesterday morning, followed by 3 pole-to-pole sprints (about 100 yrds each) in HIIT.

...I just about died lol. My heart has been out of condition for years now. On a positive note, my legs are so much stronger now than they were years ago and I was fast!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Powerfull - What am I doing wrong?
    By halljo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 12:55 AM
  2. What am I doing wrong? Clogged filter?
    By AgentOrange in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 11:07 PM
  3. injections-what am i doing wrong?
    By jeff33333 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 01:28 PM
  4. What Am I Doing Wrong?
    By Chad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 10:40 AM