Fat loss

johncamacho

Awards
Can someone help me please!! I'm 16 and over 300 lbs I try to maintain a healthy diet, but I cant seem to sick to it. I go to the gym and roughly do 1-1:30 of cardio, as well as a little weight lifting. But it doesn't seem to be working. Can somebody please give me a diet and a workout!!

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
If you can't stick to a diet then you need to get a training/diet partner to keep yourself accountable. Someone posting a diet on here isn't going to help if you can't stick to it. The other option is to hire a trainer but even then you will need to have some willpower as they aren't going to be there every second of the day stopping you from cheating.

For someone your size you should look into P90X. It doesn't get much credit on here as it isn't aimed at people who are used to exercising and eating a semi-decent diet but for someone new to a workout regime and dieting it has everything you need to get into shape.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
My first reaction is to tell u to increase weight lifting and decrease cardio, weight lifting will transform your body and is much more efficient for a weight loss program, drop the cardio to 30-45 min and increase time under the bar.
I agree with warsteiner, you've got to get your diet under control, you can lift and do cardio all day but without a good diet you'll be an in-shape fat guy. P90X may be a good choice, also look at crossfit it's a pretty good program and can be tailored to your abilities.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My first reaction is to tell u to increase weight lifting and decrease cardio, weight lifting will transform your body and is much more efficient for a weight loss program, drop the cardio to 30-45 min and increase time under the bar.
I agree with warsteiner, you've got to get your diet under control, you can lift and do cardio all day but without a good diet you'll be an in-shape fat guy. P90X may be a good choice, also look at crossfit it's a pretty good program and can be tailored to your abilities.
Agree here with the lifting

Other wise yes you'll lose weight but still be mushy. Build some quality muscle to show off for when you drop the desired amount of fat

For a simple diet follow the diet I posted on the adipose annihilation v2 write up

You don't need to buy the product to read the diet. It may help you as its written out for you

It's on Enhancedbodyformulations.com under products

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
A great way to start dieting is to merely start by cutting out processed foods. It is a great way to start because you still feel full. When you start by eating clean you can still eat delicious food.

Start by finding fruit and vegetables you enjoy. Eat chicken, beef, eggs and fish for protein. For carb heavy foods eat either rice of potatoes and dont fry them.

This is a very simple diet to follow the first few weeks will be difficult but pretty enjoyable. You will start to feel your energy levels go up and your pants will get less tight.

On top of this start to add more then light weights. Muscle is great at burning fat. Strive to get stronger and you will be happier and skinnier. You can start with a simple 5x5 program and then explore what programs you enjoy.

Find a partner that is dedicated and around your fitness level. If your partner is Arnold you will feel discouraged, if your partner can barely walk up a flight of stairs you wont challenge yourself.

Don't stop for haters. Their will be people who will doubt you, **** em. I used to be 230lbs and unable to bench the bar. Did people doubt me yes. Did I let them stop me, nope. There will be doubters do not allow them to stop you.

Keep your motivation. If this involves you listening to eye of the tiger every morning so be it.

Get a picture of what you want to look like. If it is brad pitt or dorian yates I want you to visualize what you want to look like. Then I want you to visualize and attack.

Go get em.

snv90

Awards
One major thing that can help, cut out soda and drink more water.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
A great way to start dieting is to merely start by cutting out processed foods. It is a great way to start because you still feel full. When you start by eating clean you can still eat delicious food.

Start by finding fruit and vegetables you enjoy. Eat chicken, beef, eggs and fish for protein. For carb heavy foods eat either rice of potatoes and dont fry them.

This is a very simple diet to follow the first few weeks will be difficult but pretty enjoyable. You will start to feel your energy levels go up and your pants will get less tight.

On top of this start to add more then light weights. Muscle is great at burning fat. Strive to get stronger and you will be happier and skinnier. You can start with a simple 5x5 program and then explore what programs you enjoy.

Find a partner that is dedicated and around your fitness level. If your partner is Arnold you will feel discouraged, if your partner can barely walk up a flight of stairs you wont challenge yourself.

Don't stop for haters. Their will be people who will doubt you, **** em. I used to be 230lbs and unable to bench the bar. Did people doubt me yes. Did I let them stop me, nope. There will be doubters do not allow them to stop you.

Keep your motivation. If this involves you listening to eye of the tiger every morning so be it.

Get a picture of what you want to look like. If it is brad pitt or dorian yates I want you to visualize what you want to look like. Then I want you to visualize and attack.

Go get em.
Fantastic advice, I can't add anything to that.
I just wanted to offer my encouragement, and wish you success!
Peace

Supercrewzer

Supercrewzer

Awards
Hi, this is my first post, btw

I used to weigh 325lbs in March 2011. Today, I weigh 229lbs. I workout 5-6 days a week, maintain a healthy eating habit, with the occasional reward(to keep my sanity) and feel 1000x better than I ever have in my whole life. Ive completed a 5k event, a 5mile charity run last week, and have Tough Mudder and another 5k mud event in 3.5 months. Im so excited.

Its not easy
Takes lots of pain, sweat, and dedication.
You will see the results as long as you stay true and honest to yourself. skipping a day or eating that one or two fast food meals will not work, you are only cheating yourself.
The rewards outweight the efforts. Trust me.
I have 20lbs to go before im comepletely satisfied. I will do it.

And so can you

Hope me rambling on helps motivate you in some way. Best of luck!!!!

jacktik

Awards
I think you have to try supplement ,it will be cost effective and get the tone body.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Hi, this is my first post, btw

I used to weigh 325lbs in March 2011. Today, I weigh 229lbs. I workout 5-6 days a week, maintain a healthy eating habit, with the occasional reward(to keep my sanity) and feel 1000x better than I ever have in my whole life. Ive completed a 5k event, a 5mile charity run last week, and have Tough Mudder and another 5k mud event in 3.5 months. Im so excited.

Its not easy
Takes lots of pain, sweat, and dedication.
You will see the results as long as you stay true and honest to yourself. skipping a day or eating that one or two fast food meals will not work, you are only cheating yourself.
The rewards outweight the efforts. Trust me.
I have 20lbs to go before im comepletely satisfied. I will do it.

And so can you

Hope me rambling on helps motivate you in some way. Best of luck!!!!
Some great motivation for the OP and an example of what can be done with a lot of dedication and patience. Almost 100lbs in 16 months is a fantastic achievement.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Don't get discouraged if you give in to temptation and eat something outside your diet. Just continue back on your diet right after and dont think about it. It's going to happen.

I have seen a lot of people have one bad meal discourage them and turn it into a week, month or 6 months of bad eating and not getting to the gym.

johncamacho

Awards
Thanks everyone. I started going to the gym with a new mind set and a partner. I'm doing 40min of high to medium intensity cardio and 1:20 h of weight lifting.

johncamacho

Awards
Diet is also going well since I have a partner to help me keep in line.

Hooper88

Awards
Diet is key buddy, make sure you eat clean unprocessed foods. Weights and cardio naturally yeild results but if your not eating right then your not gonna see those results. Come on these forums regularly and read the advice that these experienced guys are sharing, i find that reading everyone elses fight for a stronger and better body helps keep me inspired to continue doing the same when i sometimes feel like im not gettiong anywhere.

I hope you enjoy this challenge my friend, its very rewarding when the hard work pays off. It quite literally is a science and some of the guys here have it down to an art.

I wish you all the best sir, nothing in life worth having comes easy.

bogert

Awards
Hey Friend,
By the way this is my first Post, But I want to help you.
I think you should keep your self motivate going to Gym, As you can see your weight It will take very long for you to maintain your body and get Into a slim shape.
Cardio exercises are the best If you have just started.
e2489-f18q6uatfe0gm9gvirlw.hop.clickbank.net/ <--sponsored link
May be It will help you too.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weighs 78, goal is 68. Reported and hopefully banned.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weight non withstanding, spam link.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You have to get fed up with being fat. It's almost like a switch has to go off in your mind that makes you go all out to achieve your goal. Visualize yourself losing weight and stay positive. It will come. Also, I really recommend paleo style eating. Fat will melt off. But as others have said diet is crucial. Some say 90% is achieved through diet. Good luck, you only live once so go for it!

johncamacho

Awards
Hey just a quick update. After going to the gym for about 3 weeks I've lost 15lbs and my max bech, squat, and dead lift are: 205, 325, and 225

cdup

cdup

Awards
Hey just a quick update. After going to the gym for about 3 weeks I've lost 15lbs and my max bech, squat, and dead lift are: 205, 325, and 225
Keep killin that sh1t man. Headstrong and never grow tired of progress.

rhondagraymon

rhondagraymon

Awards
Hang in there! Diets require patience and determination. Don’t lose hope just yet. Let me give you my own example. I kept going on and off diets, losing weight and putting it right back on. I just couldn’t keep the weight off! My problem? I wasn’t eating right. I’d keep on multiple diets and after a point, got fed up with my weight yo-yoing. It was then that I heard about the Dukan diet through a friend. She’d been on the diet 10 weeks and lost close to 21 pounds when she told me about it. I figured, what the hell, it’s worth a shot! And boy, am I glad I did it. I lost 29 pounds in 10 weeks! The best part about the diet was that it was just so easy; you feel full all the time! Divided over 4 stages, the first 2 focus on losing the maximum amount of weight by eating healthy proteins. In the 3rd stage, carbs are introduced back into your diet slowly, steadily. Once your weight is off, it teaches you how to KEEP it off by eating low carb diet foods and high proteins. Visit their website if you’re interested, but don’t lose hope!