Looking to get cut up (have a 6 pack for the first time)

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Well i weigh about 187, and have only ever bulked lol. Been working out for about 4 years now. Im just not sure where to start. Ive been looking around and wanna do something like a 2700 calorie diet but that just seems a little low and I dont want to feel nostalgic all the time. Idk any tips or ideas?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Start by cutting calories and adding cardio............ Also processed foods are your new enemy.

Well i weigh about 187, and have only ever bulked lol. Been working out for about 4 years now. Im just not sure where to start. Ive been looking around and wanna do something like a 2700 calorie diet but that just seems a little low and I dont want to feel nostalgic all the time. Idk any tips or ideas?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Start by cutting calories and adding cardio............ Also processed foods are your new enemy.
And sugar sources , start cutting out the dairy little by little. Not for common bodybuilder idiocy, but to start reducing your sugar intake , lactose being a form of sugar...well...no bueno

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
And sugar sources , start cutting out the dairy little by little. Not for common bodybuilder idiocy, but to start reducing your sugar intake , lactose being a form of sugar...well...no bueno
U also mean sugars from starch like potato and gluten free sources too.
Just clarity for the OP Caesar

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Also make sure you don't skimp on fiber. Common mistake and can be unpleasant

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Both posts above are very true. And a food example of bad fiber intake (insufficient) is really nasty protein farts.

xFireBullx

Awards
5'11 @ 187? I don't think 2700 would be too low to cut at. What's you're bf?

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
2700 is definitely not to low, depending on your bf% you would probably want to start around 2500-2700 and go down as results slow

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
5'11 @ 187? I don't think 2700 would be too low to cut at. What's you're bf?
Not sure, Idk how to use a bf caliper or anything like that.. i would say around 15-20 % from pics ive seen online. I dont look fat, but you cant see my abs.

xFireBullx

Awards
Hmm well im 5'10 @ 205lbs. around 20%bf or less and im cutting at 2300. What's your activity level like? You can try cutting at 2500 for 2 weeks. If you're losing 1-2lbs a week then your good, if not cut that by 200 for another 2wks and reevluate from there. Its all about trial and error because its different for almost everyone