Recovery problems while on a cut.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Hello all, I am currently on a cut but trying to almost do a recomp, always trying to get more muscle.

Anyways I have finally found a leg workout that gives me DOMS which has been a long time in the making, unfortunately my legs are not working at 100% after my leg day on monday and it is thursday now.

I am wondering if anyone has any tricks or tips on recovery during a cut.

Thank you for your replies in advance.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
High dosage fish oils and BCAAs before bed has almost always cured DOMs for me after a good night sleep.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I guess the days of me pounding BCAAs like skittles is coming.

Thanks, Celorza I will try that today.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When cutting its important to realize that bcaas have calories even if the label doesn't say so. Make sure you figure that in with your daily numbers

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Anytime bro, the recent article does prove that too, the one about BCAA's helping with recovery. Now if it is still on your feeding window, I have found a nice heavy on fat and carbs meal with aminos+fish oils+sleep aid will yield the BEST results, I am not kidding it works out wonderfully. Anytime my Critter friend :) now go kick Ricky's ass if he lets his guard down!

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I have decided I am going to increase my calories by around 200 daily on lifting days and lift heavier. I am going to try and get a 315lb bench, 400lb squat, and a 250lb military press. Thats right I am going to bulk on a cut.

I always say shoot for the stars and maybe you will hit the moon.

Anytime bro, the recent article does prove that too, the one about BCAA's helping with recovery. Now if it is still on your feeding window, I have found a nice heavy on fat and carbs meal with aminos+fish oils+sleep aid will yield the BEST results, I am not kidding it works out wonderfully. Anytime my Critter friend :) now go kick Ricky's ass if he lets his guard down!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I have decided I am going to increase my calories by around 200 daily on lifting days and lift heavier. I am going to try and get a 315lb bench, 400lb squat, and a 250lb military press. Thats right I am going to bulk on a cut.

You keep dodging the cut and the inevitable strength loss...Gerbil come on , take it seriously...its time for you to cut, you'll get ALL the strength back, muscle memory is strong my friend. Even more, if you get to 10% BF I'll cycle with yah deal? We'll both Bulk on a PH/DS cycle deal? But please cut man , take it seriously :p you wont regret it!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
lots of BCAA's protein powder and maybe even a mass sup liek M1D black (if your into that) I found it helped hold on to muscle a bit while eating less.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
If I get to 10% bf you will see me doing bare naked back flips and also will be the start of my sd and test e cycle.

You keep dodging the cut and the inevitable strength loss...Gerbil come on , take it seriously...its time for you to cut, you'll get ALL the strength back, muscle memory is strong my friend. Even more, if you get to 10% BF I'll cycle with yah deal? We'll both Bulk on a PH/DS cycle deal? But please cut man , take it seriously :p you wont regret it!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Gaining strength is not bulking. Hell, I've lost 20 lbs and gained 90lbs on my deadlift and 75lbs to my squat in that time. You can gain strength while in a caloric deficit if you're training properly. As for the recovery, I can vouch for the efficacy of BCAAs.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to pony up the dough for 1 of the 1000g bottles of BCAAs at nutraplanet.

Gaining strength is not bulking. Hell, I've lost 20 lbs and gained 90lbs on my deadlift and 75lbs to my squat in that time. You can gain strength while in a caloric deficit if you're training properly. As for the recovery, I can vouch for the efficacy of BCAAs.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
If I get to 10% bf you will see me doing bare naked back flips and also will be the start of my sd and test e cycle.
Then get to it Magic Gerbil Mike

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to pony up the dough for 1 of the 1000g bottles of BCAAs at nutraplanet.
Wait , 2x Recoverpro on Aisportsnutrtion for 54 dollars with the HOHOHO cupon code!! 50% discount!! You get 2xRP the size of 1+KG!!! its 125 servings EACH! Get it!! Its much better :p!