New to cutting need advice/help

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.87%

New to cutting need advice/help

Alright guys a little break down of me: I am 6'0 207 lbs 16%bf.. I just completed a second cycle of Phantom Labs Phorce and in the pct stage.. I have bulked about 27 lbs in the combination of the two cycles. I focused on clean bulk eating a lot of chicken breast brown and brown rice.. Oh can't forget sweet potatoes and steaks.. Lol
    Now for the opposite side I have maintained a solid 16% bf throughout the bulks and want to lower the bf % to get my abs back.. (that and no joke I wanna see what I lean out to after the two bulks)
    The nitty gritty:
    I need suggestions on what to do to keep as much muscle while cutting as I can.. I don't cardio ever because I am a "hard gainer" that fears the loss of the muscle I have worked so hard at gaining..
    Routine:
    I focus on 8-12 reps as heavy as I possibly can for 4 sets while bulking.. To help keep strength up should I keep doing this?
    I also use a carb supplement to help with the pump while lifting (oh how I love the pump lol) should I continue this while cutting?
    I am sure that I will have a lot of questions in this thread so please take it easy on me I am new to cutting as I have never had to do it before..

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
    Alright guys a little break down of me: I am 6'0 207 lbs 16%bf.. I just completed a second cycle of Phantom Labs Phorce and in the pct stage.. I have bulked about 27 lbs in the combination of the two cycles. I focused on clean bulk eating a lot of chicken breast brown and brown rice.. Oh can't forget sweet potatoes and steaks.. Lol
    Now for the opposite side I have maintained a solid 16% bf throughout the bulks and want to lower the bf % to get my abs back.. (that and no joke I wanna see what I lean out to after the two bulks)
    The nitty gritty:
    I need suggestions on what to do to keep as much muscle while cutting as I can.. I don't cardio ever because I am a "hard gainer" that fears the loss of the muscle I have worked so hard at gaining..
    Routine:
    I focus on 8-12 reps as heavy as I possibly can for 4 sets while bulking.. To help keep strength up should I keep doing this?
    I also use a carb supplement to help with the pump while lifting (oh how I love the pump lol) should I continue this while cutting?
    I am sure that I will have a lot of questions in this thread so please take it easy on me I am new to cutting as I have never had to do it before..
    Well you dont HAVE to do cardio to lose BF%, but if you did you wouldnt lose muscle but anyway..

Strength training has its own method and I suggest looking into the 5/3/1 programme while cutting if you looking at building up strength.
    Adjust your diet by -500 calories and go nuts haha. To aid fat loss, you could try limiting the amount of digestable carbs (not vegetables which contain lots of fibre etc.) and consume BCAAs pre- and intra workout to maximise the amount of fat burned as a fuel.
    You can cut BF% while maintaining carbohydrate intake, its just easier without as much.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.17%

Don't be afraid of cardio, 30 minutes everyday makes a difference. And I heard amino acids before and after can prevent muscle loss
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.87%

Wow, thanks guys.. I have researched this topic and this is why I ask these questions.. One person on a forum says no cardio for my body type and I have heard 30 mins of cardio with my body type won't hurt at all may help with cutting the undesired body fat.. So the supplement for carbs I load before working out is called EFX Karbolyn just before working out.. Should I continue this just add a cardio before weights to drop bf?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.28%

Don't start a cut during or immediately after PCT, you need to continue to eat at least at maintenance to keep your gains. Wait at least a month.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.87%

Ok with that being said keep doing what I am doing as eating and weights should I go a head and add cardio to the end of the workout now? I may be surprise by just adding that correct?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.28%

Ok with that being said keep doing what I am doing as eating and weights should I go a head and add cardio to the end of the workout now? I may be surprise by just adding that correct?
    Yes, adding some cardio is fine post workout. Good luck bro.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.87%

Thank you.. Feel like a noob (probably should since I am to cutting).. But heres to my getting shredded.. Again thanks..
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.87%

Whoops last question how many times a week do you suggest blasting abs?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.28%

Abs are made in the kitchen, but I blast them hard once a week. Your core gets a lot of work when you squat, deadlift, etc.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The whole "cardio is catabolic" idea is retarded and makes zero sense. Lifting can also be catabolic, but no person in their right mind will suggest to not lift. Cutting in your position is very simple: take your maintenance calories, eat 10% less, and add in some cardio. Cut out the BS carbs (like your intra-WO carbs) and do a refeed every 3-4 days depending on energy levels. Do not alter your lifting at all and make this a 10-12 week project.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy
    I have to hit and at least 5 days a week to see results..
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    The whole "cardio is catabolic" idea is retarded and makes zero sense. Lifting can also be catabolic, but no person in their right mind will suggest to not lift. Cutting in your position is very simple: take your maintenance calories, eat 10% less, and add in some cardio. Cut out the BS carbs (like your intra-WO carbs) and do a refeed every 3-4 days depending on energy levels. Do not alter your lifting at all and make this a 10-12 week project.
    Good stuff.. So the Karbolyn is stopped when cutting?
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Good stuff.. So the Karbolyn is stopped when cutting?
    I'd toss it out altogether. A pump is useless.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

I'd toss it out altogether. A pump is useless.
    Ha ha awesome... Good point though..
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Exactly what ive been droning about since I got here. Of course you're going to be catabolic during exercise, thats the bodys way of breaking down energy substrates for fuel. Being catabolic does not mean that the energy is derivied from muscle. Catabolism is simply the process of 'breaking down' something.
    However you do not want to remain catabolic once you are resting, during this time you wish to be anabolic (building up) and to do this you must be eating enough and provide the body with the tools and building blocks it needs in order to build itself up bigger and stronger than before. This comes from eating enough and eating enough of the right things.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

ftw cardio. Carb cycle son!
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

Exactly what ive been droning about since I got here. Of course you're going to be catabolic during exercise, thats the bodys way of breaking down energy substrates for fuel. Being catabolic does not mean that the energy is derivied from muscle. Catabolism is simply the process of 'breaking down' something.
    However you do not want to remain catabolic once you are resting, during this time you wish to be anabolic (building up) and to do this you must be eating enough and provide the body with the tools and building blocks it needs in order to build itself up bigger and stronger than before. This comes from eating enough and eating enough of the right things.
    Excellent post, the theory that are bodies slip into starvation mode so quickly during cardio, or between meals is utter nonsense, if our bodies were that inefficient, we'd be extinct as a species.
    Peace

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to forum, need advice....trying to lose weight...
    By ilozoya3 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 01:44 PM
  2. New to cutting, need help with diet
    By boggs67ss in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 10:46 AM
  3. New to this need advice
    By Apale in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2008, 08:38 PM
  4. new to supplements; need advice