Weight loss nutrional regulate

texaspride

texaspride

Awards
Wed help guys been hitting the gym hard for the last 5 months getting my workout schedule arranged and underway now I need help nutritionally. I've hit a plateau on weight loss. I've dropped 80 lbs in 5 months and base lined now. I'm looking for a good protein supplement too. Any help will be appreciated. Starting weight 410lbs current weight 330 lbs

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
What is your current diet?
With out knowing much about you, have you looked into lean gains?
I find that carb cycling works really well for me, a lot of diet involves trial and error to figure out what works for you.

texaspride

texaspride

Awards
What is your current diet?
With out knowing much about you, have you looked into lean gains?
I find that carb cycling works really well for me, a lot of diet involves trial and error to figure out what works for you.
I'm on a rather strict diet. High protein (250-300g) reduced calorie (1500). I'm new to the whole gym terms too haha so what exactly is lean gains? I'm looking into getting the dymatize whey protein isolates for more protein. I'm hitting the gym 7 days a week with 2 days recovery packed with veggie protein and stacked calories. Even on my days off I'm still working (oilfield) so I have no problem staying active and my cardio is daily in the gym. Therefore something isn't adding up on my weightloss to just stop.

R

retrofitted

Awards
I can't imagine that diet being productive especially given your weight stats. At 300 grams of protein, you have a very small window of carbs and fats to consume. I get the low carbs approach, but a diet based almost purely on protein intake may not get you where you want to be. Be mindful of the possibility of your metabolic rate stagnatibg, which would further impede weight loss. Why not try a full keto/AD type of protocol with higher calories and fats? That style of eating brought me to the 180 range from a high of 330 in less than twelve months.

R

retrofitted

Awards
One more note...don't rely on whey protein sources. Whole foods are likely going to net you better results.

texaspride

texaspride

Awards
What is keto/AD ? I know partially what keytones are but unsure of keto/AD

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
R

retrofitted

Awards
AD, or the Anabolic Diet, is what the above poster mentioned in a nutshell. Plenty of dietary fats, adequate protein, minimal carbs coming from fibrous green vegetables. Carbohydrate refeeds lasting one or two days dependent on training levels, once every week or two.

texaspride

texaspride

Awards
That's going to suck too cause I'm an avid snacker on veggies like carrots and broccoli. I've been packing pretty heavy on my protein. 3 scoops of amplify xl 3 times a day and 2 muscle tech nitro 30g protein bars a day along with a nice lunch and supper. What is considered an ideal meal for that program? I know I'm a noobie just trying to live to see 40 haha 410 lbs is alot and I've seen significant weight loss with lean muscle gains showing up here and there.

texaspride

texaspride

Awards
Oh and thank y'all for all the advise guys it's helping!!

R

retrofitted

Awards
Texaspride, on a ketogenic diet with resistance training involved, I'd attempt a strict ultra low carb (under fifty grams not including fiber counts) protocol for the first two weeks. Meals should be comprised of 60 percent caloric intake coming from fats, 35 from protein, and the remainder from green leafy vegetables. Typical meals include eggs, cured meats, fatty cuts of chicken, red meat, and fish, oils and butter, and spinach, broccoli, kale, summer squash, etc. Avoid all refined sugar, starches, flours, and the like, and remove those protein bars from your diet. Continue to train as usual focusing on heavy weight with lower reps. After the initial two weeks, incorporate a refeed day where fats and protein remain moderate while consuming a high amount of carbohydrates to restore glycogwn levels to prepare you for the low carb workouts ahead. At you weight, you should be able to consume 2500 to 3000 calories while still losing fat at a good pace. Monitor your caloric intake, but focus on the macronutrients as the core of your diet planning. Drink plenty of water and be prepared for gastrointestinal issues...these are facts of life in the first stage of this type of diet. You can expect to lose approximately 15 to 20 pounds in the first two weeks, most of which will be water weight, but even after carb refeeds you should continue to drop fat at a decent clip. Good luck and message me if you have any questions or research "CKD" or "anabolic diet" for further info.

texaspride

texaspride

Awards
What kind of gastro issue are we talkin about?

R

retrofitted

Awards
To put it bluntly, most experience either constipation or diahrrea on ketogenic diets. To combat constipation, include either flavorless/sugarless psyllium fiber supplements or eat avocadoes regularly, which may aid distress. You may also want to consider a light potassium supplement to prevent muscle cramping, but these are precautionary measures. As long as your macros are on point and you drink plenty of water in conjunction with regular resistance training, ketogenic protocols are a safe, effective foundation for sustained fat loss. If you'd like, message me your email and I'll send you a comprehensive writeup to kickstart your diet.

texaspride

texaspride

Awards
It's says I havent posted enough to private message u