Returning to the gym and need advice

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Been a while since I was around these parts (or regularly at the gym) so I'm fairly clueless as to what new supplements/anabolics are currently around so I'm mainly interested in advice regarding that. I'd also appreciate any help with my diet and with my workout routine.

6 Meals (Break/Mid/Lunch/Mid/Dinner/Supper)
Break: 60g Whey, 2 Eggs, 25g Oats = 75gP/15gC/13gF = 477kcal
Mid: 50g Walnuts = 5gP/1gC/23gF = 231kcal
Lunch: 150g Fish, 75g Noodles, Salad = 34gP/23gC/tgF = 126kcal
Mid: 50g Walnuts = 5gP/1gC/23gF = 231kcal
Dinner: 150g Chicken, 75g Noodles, Salad = 45gP/23gC/6gF = 191kcal
Supper: 300g Cottage Cheese = 32gP/14gC/5gF = 133kcal

= 196gP/77gC/70gF = 784P/304C/630F = 1,718kcal
5x8-12
Flat Bench – Incline Bench / Shoulder Press – Triceps Extension
Row – Lever Row / Pull-Down – Biceps Curl
Deadlift – Sumo Deadlift / Back Raises – Leg Curls
Squat – Front Squat / Leg Press – Leg Extension
My current weight is in the region of 190lb and my bf% is in the high teens, my aim is to recomp and come in at 180lb, ~12%bf and then do a lean bulk for the next 9 months in time to start cutting for next summer.

So, any advice?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seems pretty low on the calories. I would rather see you almost double your carbs and increase your protein by at least 50g and adjust from there. I think your fats are fine, although if you want to go lower than 140g carbs you could start shifting some of that into fats; also supplement with 10g of fish oil (15g would be better) or 5g of triple strength fish oil, spread throughout the day.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Regarding supplements, as I said hit up fish oil. Other than that, you wont need too much outside of creatine, beta alanine, and a good multi-vitamin. I also like ALCAR (acetyl-l-carnitine) and LCLT (l-carnitine-l-tartrate) if funds allow; and they should, as you can get a year supply of LCLT for about $30 and over 6 months supply of ALCAR for $35 Nutraplanet brand.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Seems pretty low on the calories. I would rather see you almost double your carbs and increase your protein by at least 50g and adjust from there. I think your fats are fine, although if you want to go lower than 140g carbs you could start shifting some of that into fats; also supplement with 10g of fish oil (15g would be better) or 5g of triple strength fish oil, spread throughout the day.
In the past I've upped my fat intake just by doubling the amount of walnuts I'm eating so I could always do that again. I'm UK based but I'm sure I can get some bulk powders to help out, cheers.