1500 calorie diet?

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
Ok let me say im not fat guy or anything im about 12-14% BF im just tossing up between bulking for another 16 weeks or cutting?

i'm not the best with writting up diet plans sticking to them is easy for me but it's just the getting plan right.

Has anyone got a good diet plan around 1500- 1800 that i could try out or help write one for me :p

Thanks guys :D

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Aussie...you are way too big to even think of that :S there are essential macronutrients you have to meet to keep mass and overall health...to toss some you would need at least 290g of protein and 140g of fat...that alone surpasses that haha and its NO carbs , kinda keto...you can NOT go this low bro!

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
i would say don't go lower than 2200kcal/day
1st get a kitchen scale
breakfast: 5 eggs + 10 eggwhites omelet with some greens - 60g protein 25g fat
snack 1: 50g almonds - 10g protein, 6g net carbs, 20g fat
lunch: 200g ground beef + 100g cottage cheese + 1 cup of broccoli - 80g pro, 40g fat, 10g carbs
snack 2: 2scoops whey - 240cal - 50g pro 2-4 carbs
dinner: 200g lean meat with some greens- 60g protein
snack 3: 2scoops whey/casein - 50g protein

this should be around 2.2k calories. if you don't want so many meals just combine the snacks with the 3 main meals
see how you feel after a week.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you could probably eat around 2500 and still loose fat. Face it you a big boy, I am runnning around 1850, thats about as low as I would go, and you have 85lbs on me.
I would say carb cycling would be a good method, as long as you can keep track. Other then that just continue lifting heavy things.

Ok let me say im not fat guy or anything im about 12-14% BF im just tossing up between bulking for another 16 weeks or cutting?

i'm not the best with writting up diet plans sticking to them is easy for me but it's just the getting plan right.

Has anyone got a good diet plan around 1500- 1800 that i could try out or help write one for me :p

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
i would say don't go lower than 2200kcal/day
1st get a kitchen scale
breakfast: 5 eggs + 10 eggwhites omelet with some greens - 60g protein 25g fat
snack 1: 50g almonds - 10g protein, 6g net carbs, 20g fat
lunch: 200g ground beef + 100g cottage cheese + 1 cup of broccoli - 80g pro, 40g fat, 10g carbs
snack 2: 2scoops whey - 240cal - 50g pro 2-4 carbs
dinner: 200g lean meat with some greens- 60g protein
snack 3: 2scoops whey/casein - 50g protein

this should be around 2.2k calories. if you don't want so many meals just combine the snacks with the 3 main meals
see how you feel after a week.
Sweet mate ime on about 4000-4500 a day while bulking and im finding im not getting fat but im not lossing as much as id like. So yes i have kitchen scale haha but that look's like something i could eat everyday. Thanks man
Yeah you could probably eat around 2500 and still loose fat. Face it you a big boy, I am runnning around 1850, thats about as low as I would go, and you have 85lbs on me.
I would say carb cycling would be a good method, as long as you can keep track. Other then that just continue lifting heavy things.
Yeah i've bin hearing that alot :p What does you diet looks like? I always try lift heavy the only thing is i probly dont do as much cardio as i should i more of a size kinda guy i think its time i get that full blowen 6 pack that bin missing :)

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I am running low carbs 5 days a week with my high carb days on back and leg day. Running Fat 102, carbs 30, protein 205 around 1850 cals for low carb days and fat 102, carbs 100, protein 200, 2200 calories, for my high carb days. Basing the high carb days on the days of my heaviest lifting.

I am also doing intermittent fasting only eating inbetween the hours of 12 and 8. So far it is working fairly well and my strength is still the same, although I am only about 2 weeks in.

Sweet mate ime on about 4000-4500 a day while bulking and im finding im not getting fat but im not lossing as much as id like. So yes i have kitchen scale haha but that look's like something i could eat everyday. Thanks man

Yeah i've bin hearing that alot :p What does you diet looks like? I always try lift heavy the only thing is i probly dont do as much cardio as i should i more of a size kinda guy i think its time i get that full blowen 6 pack that bin missing :)

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
I am running low carbs 5 days a week with my high carb days on back and leg day. Running Fat 102, carbs 30, protein 205 around 1850 cals for low carb days and fat 102, carbs 100, protein 200, 2200 calories, for my high carb days. Basing the high carb days on the days of my heaviest lifting.

I am also doing intermittent fasting only eating inbetween the hours of 12 and 8. So far it is working fairly well and my strength is still the same, although I am only about 2 weeks in.
thats looks good im just building some a deit atm just gotta work out weather to go low or low low :)

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
If so log it, never seen a cutting log of someone your size.

thats looks good im just building some a deit atm just gotta work out weather to go low or low low :)

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
You could in theory run albuterol and t3 for a cut. Just low dose the t3

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
I'll be running a cutting cylce at the same time. I'm just not sure what to run i really focus more on bulk but now im finding for atleast now im big enough haha

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
make sure you lower the calories gradually maybe 100 per day until you get to the number you want.

Raiph

Raiph

Awards
You could in theory run albuterol and t3 for a cut. Just low dose the t3
I know it's a little off topic, but does t3 actually have a profound effect (I'm assuming the pharmaceutical grade stuff here) on body fat whilst preserving mass? I heard it can have some pretty nasty sides like thyriod problems, but I also read that it's impossible to shut down your thyroid with t3, guess thats broscience for u lol.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I know it's a little off topic, but does t3 actually have a profound effect (I'm assuming the pharmaceutical grade stuff here) on body fat whilst preserving mass? I heard it can have some pretty nasty sides like thyriod problems, but I also read that it's impossible to shut down your thyroid with t3, guess thats broscience for u lol.
It can have nasty sides if you run it above the normal phisiological limits, low doses it is safe and effective

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Also I have read case studies where people where misdiagnosed with hypothyroidism and ran t3 for 3 years and regained normal lvls in 3 months. So yes that is bro science

Raiph

Raiph

Awards
Being relatively new to the supplement game tis f-ing impossible some times to sort the wheat fom the chaff with all these conflicting opinions eh? I have a science based undergrad, and even with that I find it difficult to go through all this pub-med stuff looking for what people claim is viable evidence of something's effectiveness, which turns out to be a study performed on one middle aged rat in the 1940's. Madness... Still, possible to run t3 on a low cal diet and maintain muscle then?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Being relatively new to the supplement game tis f-ing impossible some times to sort the wheat fom the chaff with all these conflicting opinions eh? I have a science based undergrad, and even with that I find it difficult to go through all this pub-med stuff looking for what people claim is viable evidence of something's effectiveness, which turns out to be a study performed on one middle aged rat in the 1940's. Madness... Still, possible to run t3 on a low cal diet and maintain muscle then?
That depends on a lot of factors, age weight, body fat, training and diet.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anymore info guys
This forum is full of insanity at times.

Take your bodyweight and multiply it by 10X = calories

Take your body weight and multiply it by 1.25X = grams of protein

Take your calories and multiply it by .35 = calories from EFA (good fat)

Take the balance of your calories and divide by 4 = grams of carbohydrates.

Here it is:
~3000 calories
~375g protein
~115g EFA (fat)
~100g carbs

Do whatever weight training you are so inclined to do. After resistance training perform cardio of choice for 30 mins minimum with a target heart rate of 65%-70% of your max heart rate. Consume your carbohydrates around your training.

Simple, drug free way to very easily shed fat. You do not need nor want to use T3. It is very overrated.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Here it is:
~3000 calories
~375g protein
~115g EFA (fat)
~100g carbs

Do whatever weight training you are so inclined to do. After resistance training perform cardio of choice for 30 mins minimum with a target heart rate of 65%-70% of your max heart rate. Consume your carbohydrates around your training.

Simple, drug free way to very easily shed fat. You do not need nor want to use T3. It is very overrated.
The teacher! ^

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards

at 6'5" 290ish even on anabolics 1500 seems awful low bro. whats your current maintenance intake at?

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
at 6'5" 290ish even on anabolics 1500 seems awful low bro. whats your current maintenance intake at?
I've read abit more into it and im thinking 2300-2800 would probly be a better lay out fopr my size. im just wanted to lose as much as i can as fast as i can :D yeah i know im lazy :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read abit more into it and im thinking 2300-2800 would probly be a better lay out fopr my size. im just wanted to lose as much as i can as fast as i can :D yeah i know im lazy :)
Your laziness is going to waste your muscle. Fat skinny guy is in your future.

Why do you ask for advice if you wont take it? Seriously!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Here it is:
~3000 calories
~375g protein
~115g EFA (fat)
~100g carbs

SOLID.

aussieman

aussieman

Awards
Your laziness is going to waste your muscle. Fat skinny guy is in your future.

Why do you ask for advice if you wont take it? Seriously!
sorry david dunn i didnt see you comment. that looks very very good i have seen something like that before. so you think ill still be 3700 is a good point to start? like i said above i've never really cut 100% im on about 4500 kcal a day atm you just thought dropping atlittle more but buy the looks of things you know alot about this :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry david dunn i didnt see you comment. that looks very very good i have seen something like that before. so you think ill still be 3700 is a good point to start? like i said above i've never really cut 100% im on about 4500 kcal a day atm you just thought dropping atlittle more but buy the looks of things you know alot about this :)
I'm not an expert by any means.

Generally 10-12x BW for calories is a decent starting point depending upon your phenotype. Some of course have higher metabolisms and can handle more calories. I am an endomorph and with meticulous diet and nutrient timing can actually increase LBM and loose fat (recomposition) at 10X bw...I am also 200lbs and 47yo.... :)

The point I cannot emphasize enough is that it is better for body composition and muscle retention to achieve a deficit by caloric expenditure rather than caloric deprivation. I don't know how long you have been at this but I have been breaking my ass for ten years toi gain 3-5lbs of LBM a year and would not want to lose any due to laziness...I can easily starve myself and lose all of my hard earned LBM.

Depending upon your experience with deficits you may be able to start with more than 3000 calories but I would not go lower without the risk of losing LBM.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Generally 10-12x BW for calories is a decent starting point depending upon your phenotype. Some of course have higher metabolisms and can handle more calories. I am an endomorph and with meticulous diet and nutrient timing can actually increase LBM and loose fat (composition) at 10X bw...I am also 200lbs and 47yo.... :)

The point I cannot emphasize enough is that it is better for body composition and muscle retention to achieve a deficit by caloric expenditure rather than caloric deprivation.

Depending upon your experience with deficits you may be able to start with more than 3000 calories but I would not go lower without the risk of losing LBM
Makes a ton of sense to me.

aussieman

aussieman

Awards

Generally 10-12x BW for calories is a decent starting point depending upon your phenotype. Some of course have higher metabolisms and can handle more calories. I am an endomorph and with meticulous diet and nutrient timing can actually increase LBM and loose fat (recomposition) at 10X bw...I am also 200lbs and 47yo.... :)

The point I cannot emphasize enough is that it is better for body composition and muscle retention to achieve a deficit by caloric expenditure rather than caloric deprivation. I don't know how long you have been at this but I have been breaking my ass for ten years toi gain 3-5lbs of LBM a year and would not want to lose any due to laziness...I can easily starve myself and lose all of my hard earned LBM.

Depending upon your experience with deficits you may be able to start with more than 3000 calories but I would not go lower without the risk of losing LBM.
may not be an expert but you know alot more then me about cuttind an diets :p

i've bin lifting for about 7 years and have bin using AAS since i was about 18 (stupid i know but it worked) im fairly lean as it is but i just wanted to make the push to about 8% body fat.

I have alot to think about once once i finish my current bulking cycle if i go cutting ill have to wait a little while. hmmm its hard as my summers only 5 months away haha.

thanks alot for the info you have given me a truck load of stuff to think about now :notworthy:

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Tried 1500 cal die...its awful mate!! Listen to the guys...I lost more fat eating over 2k.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards

Thank you is all i can say for that info. When i was up to about 290 i cleaned up my diet significantly and started eating around 2900 cals a day. Ive gotten down as low as 207 but totally stagnated at fat loss. Infact ive gained a little. Changed stuff around while i was on cycle and it upsettingly got worse, i dropped 1100 cals roughly... I think im going to give this a try. And see how it goes.

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
I dont think T3 is VERY OVERATED.. T3/Clen has been confirmed to cut u up... I know figure competitors who live on the stuff... i think the MUSCLE EATING people claim it does is overrated

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established

Here it is:
~3000 calories
~375g protein
~115g EFA (fat)
~100g carbs

I am quoting this so that I can come back and learn from this. Why is your avatar not Yoda's image?

I demand answers!