Newbie here... Critique My Diet?

dcarterc

Awards
Anyone care to critique my diet. Obviously I'm not cutting or bulking, it's more of just a maintenence diet. I weigh about 180lbs, am about 5'10'' and am about 9-10% body fat. This diet seems to be working well for maintaining, and I've actually been making gains. I was just interested in getting some feedback from the board. Thanks!

My Diet:

Meal 1 - 8am: 1 carton of egg whites, 1 bran muffin or ½ cup oatsMeal 2 - 10am: 1 non-fat cup cottage cheese, ¼ cup nuts

Meal 3 - 12pm: ½ cup black beans, ½ cup whole grain brown rice, ½ cup ground turkey

Meal 4 - 2pm: 1 chicken breast, 1 apple

Meal 5 - 4pm: ½ cup ground turkey, ½ cup black beans

Meal 6 - 5pm: Tuna sandwich with mustard on whole wheat bread (Pre-workout meal)

5:30-6:30pm: Workout

Meal 7 - 6:30pm: Post workout shake (4 scoops Cytomax, 2 scoops ON Whey protein mixed with water)

Meal 8 - 8pm: 1 chicken breast or lean steak, ½ cup non-fat cottage cheese, ¼ cup brown rice

Meal 9 - 10pm: 8-8.5oz non-fat milk, 2 scoops ON Whey protein, 1 tbsp of flax seed oil.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Perhaps change meal 9 for cottage cheese, keep the flax.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Perhaps change meal 9 for cottage cheese, keep the flax.
I would agree w/this. Whey is really not a good choice for your last meal of the day as it's digested so quickly. Although it is good to see that your not relying heavily on powders. What exactly is in cytomax i'm not familiar w/that. Just wondering b/c that looks like an awful lot of liquid protein even for post workout. I would think that a scoop of whey in two cups milk, and a bowl of oats would be better.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty good.

You could always add in more vegetables.

A piece of fruit added to Meal 8 would be good.

IMHO, 40g of whey before bed is a bit of a waste, even with milk. If you want the shake, try 1 scoop of ON w/ milk. Eat some cottage cheese or some meat along with it. You could add walnuts or mixed nuts here too if needed.

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty good.

You could always add in more vegetables.

A piece of fruit added to Meal 8 would be good.

IMHO, 40g of whey before bed is a bit of a waste, even with milk. If you want the shake, try 1 scoop of ON w/ milk. Eat some cottage cheese or some meat along with it. You could add walnuts or mixed nuts here too if needed.
I agree with Moyer. Add a few veggies in, and switch out the whey before bed for either a blended protein, or some whole food like meat or cottage cheese. Other than that, I think it looks real good.

TravTriggz

Awards
k

im happy rocky beat u in part 4
:goodpost: