Post Diet Strategy

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.17%

Post Diet Strategy

I have a few more weeks of dieting left in me. I'll admit I haven't been as strict as usual, as I've been cheating over the weekend at least 1 day. Granted that's not all that bad but considering I can go months on end without cheating it's a bit of a mental hit.

Anyway, my question is once my diet has concluded, what do you guys think of a diet scheme as follows:

2 weeks clean bulk (limit cardio a bit)/1 week strict diet (cardio mania)

repeat?

Of course there are several variations I've been contemplating. 1 week bulk/1 week dieting, 2 weeks bulk/2 weeks dieting. What do you guys suggest would be ideal for lean gains?

I only ask because I'm trying to stay as healthy as possible considering my history of gorging myself with pizza, wings, ribs, etc. I've never been fat (ectomorph naturally) due to my fortunate metabolism but I'm looking at it from a health stand point. I'm only 25, and by no means is that 40, but I'd like to finally live the healthy life style that my body has exuded for a while even though my insides have been the opposite.

I'm very open to suggestions, I'm leaning towards the 2 weeks bulk/1 week diet or 2/2 but please, give me your feed back.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.83%

your gains are going to suffer if you play around with your calories on a week-to-week basis. If you're totally committed to staying lean during a bulk, go 4-6 bulking and then 2 weeks of dieting / cardio
  3. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.56%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

This 2 week bulk 1 week cut will do nothing. 4 weeks minimum with my opinion being atleast 8 weeks.

If you want to do cardio for the health benefits just add in some extra calls but if not just lean bulk and eat clean. This will negate the need for yo yo dieting.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.41%

u gotta bulk for longer bro. at least 2 months or whole winter to actually build decent muscle
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah im gna agree with the others, switching it around is just going to hinder your prgress. Concentrate on one thing at a time, If your worried about potentially packing on fat mass, then bulk slowly. Itll lessen the amount of fat you have to burn at the end.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.17%

Im going to take the Layne Norton strategy. I appreciate all the feed back guys.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Peri/Post workout strategy
    By huggy77 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
  2. please post diet
    By Davidlee in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 04:09 PM
  3. Cut diet strategy
    By Rafael Brasil in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 03:56 PM
  4. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 03:08 AM
  5. serious Post cycle/post comp bulk diet help!
    By savagebeast in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 02:59 PM