Best diet to shred fat quickly

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I need to get back on track badly and want to try something new. Really ive never picked a "diet" to try usually just lowered my calories and did cardio to get the job done. Theres a few different things out there and was curious which one would be the best to get rid of the fat the fastest. Always heard good thinga about keto then also you have the rapid fat loss which ive seemed to hear mixed reviews on. Anyone have there .02 for their favorite or what will help me cut the fastest. And yes I know diet and exercise has to be on point. No need to flood the wall with that

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Try leanfains or IF there is a huge writeup on the dietary protocols in the nutrition section

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
To be honest there is no best diet. You need to find what works well for you. Besides the fact we are different and different diets work for different people. Schedules need to be taken into account. A diet is no good If you can't stick to it.

I like Lean Gains but hate keto. When it comes down to it. Figure out maintenance calories and go from there.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
paleo diet has the best rates for sticking to the diet and less chance of attrition according to a study i read.

It gives you some freedom and doesnt restrict to much. It doesnt feel like dieting. Therefore you may be able to stick to it better than others. This way weight loss over the long term is better due to maintaining

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I'll look into it. I'm not worried about it coming back later. What I want ideally is something to jump start and shred some fat quick then switch it up for more long term. Don't plan on trying a diet then stopping. Just want to get a good bit gone as fast as possible first

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
look into paleo or mediteranean. Those have the lowest attrition rates.

That basically means less people go off diet as opposed to others. Look into those if your worried. But it has to be lifestyle change. Its all about how you look at at view food in relationship to everyday activity.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Paleo. If you tolerate it well, you can add dairy to it aka Primal.

boomhauer

Awards
Any diet where you get adequate protein and are in a ~500 calorie deficit.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest there is no best diet. You need to find what works well for you. Besides the fact we are different and different diets work for different people...
^^^This. Even if you DO pick a "diet", you do not necessarily have to follow it to the letter, but should always manipulate it to fit YOU, IMO - for example, Lean Gains works the best with my body, but the ONLY part of the protocol I use is the 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window, everything else individualized for ME.

~Rosie~

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Paleo style eating based on Leangains 16-8 has always produced my best results.

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I just don't know of I can go 16 hours without food. I have a 12 hour work schedule and 2 hour commute on top of that so my meals are spread out

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just don't know of I can go 16 hours without food. I have a 12 hour work schedule and 2 hour commute on top of that so my meals are spread out
If you "use" the Lean Gains principle no one says that YOUR fasting period does not have to be 16 hours, and if Lean Gains is not "realistic" for you, then just design your diet (and when I say "diet", I do not mean a "diet" diet, but a LIFESTYLE nutrition plan that you can follow, adapting as required re goals at any given time) for what IS - as long as you are CONSISTENT in what you do, regardless of what you DO do, you should be ok, provided that your nutrition IS set up for you re fat loss as desired.

~Rosie~

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Another question I have is with the food. Im on a boat from 8am to about 8pm everyday so the only time I have to actually make meals and cook is either 630 am (which I plan on not eating then) and about 8-9pm. Usually its a sandwich and fruit for lunch but since I need to stay away from the carbs what would be good to replace it with and something I can make in the am and have it in a cooler. Or would it be ok to make a whole wheat wrap instead of using bread? And since I need to stay away from sugars should I cut down on all the fruits during the day or are they ok in moderation?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another question I have is with the food. Im on a boat from 8am to about 8pm everyday so the only time I have to actually make meals and cook is either 630 am (which I plan on not eating then) and about 8-9pm. Usually its a sandwich and fruit for lunch but since I need to stay away from the carbs what would be good to replace it with and something I can make in the am and have it in a cooler. Or would it be ok to make a whole wheat wrap instead of using bread? And since I need to stay away from sugars should I cut down on all the fruits during the day or are they ok in moderation?
If that's the case, then prepare your meals either the night before or early in the morning. No one said you had to stay away from carbohydrates or sugars - as long as what you do have works with your body (i.e. ideally, nothing you are sensitive or intolerant to), and if you think eliminating or severely restricting either is going to give you faster or better fat loss, that's not true. That said, YOU have to do what is right for YOU.

~Rosie~

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Oh ok that sounds good. Since I have no way to heat things up besides a sandwich or wrap what are done good idea for a lunch?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
If your looking into extreme dieting for a few weeks to really strip fat off you fast try a PSMF. It's a good way to kickstart a diet but be wary it's not for the faint hearted. Try it for a few weeks to get started then transition into something else like leangains, keto, paleo etc etc

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
Yea I was looking into that but I couldn't find much other than buying the book. Have a link for the diet?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh ok that sounds good. Since I have no way to heat things up besides a sandwich or wrap what are done good idea for a lunch?
You can do lots of things - no need to heat anything. Sandwiches and wraps, salads, fruit, nuts and seeds, even just taking everything separately or leftovers that are fine cold are ok to use. Pretty simple and easy, really.

~Rosie~

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can always bring a cooler with food. But seeing you work for 12 hours you may do well with 2 meals a day. 60% cals before work. 40% after.

Fast in between. The fast will help you with energy expenditure whe. It's time for the next meal via increased leptin ( after your work meal)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
LeanGains + Keto style...sheds you out fast...but not many can handle it on a good deficit :3

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Lean Gains but hate keto

Opposite here ....thusly substantiating your point below ;)

To be honest there is no best diet. You need to find what works well for you. Besides the fact we are different and different diets work for different people.

fauzool

Awards
I thought it was all about calories in vs calories out for the most part?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For the general population, it can be.

For bb'ers attempting to preserve muscle and strip fat, macro's are everything. So, manipulation of insulin, leptin, glucagon, and cortisol release and amongst several others are all significant here.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Sub 10% and as you get sub 8% more and more is needed. It gets more difficult and tricky. Going from 30% - 20% (not implying you) cals in vs out will work wonders.

Your body wants to have some fat. To get really low is when you need to get fancy. People around here like to come out the gate with the aggressive approach. I would save keto to get that last 1% not use it the whole way. We are all different. Leto diets are not wrong, I can not sustain long term personally. I eat moderate carbs following a modified Lean Gains I made up myself years before lean gains started. Or atleast years before I ever heard the term. Made me feel smart to know everyone started using a modified version of my diet ;) I did what I noticed worked well for me.

IMO start simple so when you stall you still have plenty to change, plenty of tricks left to use, and it's mentally easier to stick with a program long term if you ease into it. I see people start to diet 100% and quit 2 weeks later because change takes to long and the dedication was to much.

chefshields

Awards
Nuts. Jerkies (beef/Turkey/dead animal). Dried meats were invented to stop them from spoiling without refrigeration, i.e. while on a ship. Perfect low carb lunch for me was always some good Salami with a little laughing cow cheese spread, and an apple or celery with peanut butter. Just watch the sodium on those meats or for the rest of the day.

RoyalT81

Awards
I've packed all meats veggies, fruits, in my bag cooked for years, never had a problem getting sick, some times it will go all day in my bag and I'll eat it half way through the next day, don't know why people think foods spoil so fast,
granted fresh really is best, the nutrients prob do start to break down but really, I've been doing this for years, now I'm not in heat so if that's a factor I could understand but it works for me, I even eat everything cold, a chicken breast on a fork! It is what it is, I don't have the luxury of heating stuff up. Don't let any thing stop you, just think animal!!!!

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
I toss cut up grilled chicken mixed with broccoli in my lunch box in the morning n eat it cold at work for lunch not a prob.. Bring mustard packets cuz sometimes chicken lil dry.. But it taste good.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I get best results carb cycling and lean gains with only real food (completely unprocessed).

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Carb back loading for me. Fat hasnt been falling off as fast as when I started. Lately my problem has been adding too much muscle. Plus I can see myself doing this for life.

pjoneal5

Awards
started lean gains today

whats a good meal plan im doing 1500 high protein low carb moderate fat

is it just healthy food within the feeding period pretty much?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
As long as it is in your macros. But you want to stay with unprocessed foods.

started lean gains today

whats a good meal plan im doing 1500 high protein low carb moderate fat

is it just healthy food within the feeding period pretty much?

RoyalT81

Awards
Don know lean gains but normally if you cut carbs don't you want to bump up fats alitte?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get best results carb cycling and lean gains with only real food (completely unprocessed).
This here. Both are very strong methods. I prefer carb cycling/keto since I never feel hungry on that diet and I like to eat smaller meals more often.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This here. Both are very strong methods. I prefer carb cycling/keto since I never feel hungry on that diet and I like to eat smaller meals more often.
I prefer IF since I get to gorge for 2 meals a day, and my results have been the same whether I ate cleanly, or ate burger king and ice cream :D

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
I prefer IF since I get to gorge for 2 meals a day, and my results have been the same whether I ate cleanly, or ate burger king and ice cream :D
Agreed! I still lost a bit of weight my day after eating Oreos and a cheesesteak. I'm loving it :lol:

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Agreed! I still lost a bit of weight my day after eating Oreos and a cheesesteak. I'm loving it :lol:
I am down still even after a bavarian feast including 2lbs of bockwurst.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am down still even after a bavarian feast including 2lbs of bockwurst.
for a while, my primary carb source was hostess cupcakes.

I do admit that when I thoroughly followed a paleo diet I also lost weight really rapidly. I wasn't trying to at the time, so I ended up reaching a half pound of peanut butter added a day just to hit maintaining