How Can I manipulate the negative effects of alcohol in ketosis? - AnabolicMinds.com

How Can I manipulate the negative effects of alcohol in ketosis?

Stats
    6'2"  265 lbs.

How Can I manipulate the negative effects of alcohol in ketosis?

I realize that alcohol is bad no matter how I try and lower the effects, however, realistically I have to try and balance these things as I have events to attend that I need to be social in social situations and will require some alcoholic indulgences to do so (bachelor party). That being said, I would like to find the right supplements required to block the metabolism involved with alcohol turning into sugar in my body. Would blocking the cortisol production in my body do this? What else would one suggest I do to prepare my body to stay in the highest state of ketosis possible in this scenario before or after? I need to know at what point would I have to take the cortisol blocker/(add other potentially positive supplement/s here) to reverse the effects, assuming a side of resveratol (msp?) would also be important.

This is realizing the obvious: No sugar added substances, mixers in drinks, beer.. .etc.

Who has the "concoction" I need? The remedy... if you will. I have done much research and cant seem to find this exact info so this will help many people going forward. I really want to get in shape (for P90x) but have to also be the life of the party as I am the best man with alcoholic best friends

Thanks!!!

Stats
    5'10"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jogaxrr
    I realize that alcohol is bad no matter how I try and lower the effects, however, realistically I have to try and balance these things as I have events to attend that I need to be social in social situations and will require some alcoholic indulgences to do so (bachelor party). That being said, I would like to find the right supplements required to block the metabolism involved with alcohol turning into sugar in my body. Would blocking the cortisol production in my body do this? What else would one suggest I do to prepare my body to stay in the highest state of ketosis possible in this scenario before or after? I need to know at what point would I have to take the cortisol blocker/(add other potentially positive supplement/s here) to reverse the effects, assuming a side of resveratol (msp?) would also be important.

This is realizing the obvious: No sugar added substances, mixers in drinks, beer.. .etc.

Who has the "concoction" I need? The remedy... if you will. I have done much research and cant seem to find this exact info so this will help many people going forward. I really want to get in shape (for P90x) but have to also be the life of the party as I am the best man with alcoholic best friends

Thanks!!!
    So wait...let me get this straight..u want to b able to drink an block the bad effects of it? Hahahaha! Don't we all
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Just have your diet 100% on point all the time, train your ass off... Then have fun and get drunk every once in a while. you wont trash your progress with a couple nights of partying a month. Just don't get hammered and slam down like 6 whataburger taquitos and a milkshake.
    •   

Stats
    6'2"  265 lbs.

haha, yes, I am trying to find some magic here in these forums. I want my cake and eat it too. I know this sounds "pie in the sky" but I need to know if there's a way to at least mitigate the negative effects and stay in ketosis. I know that alcohol is burned first, technically rather than "turned into sugar" but it also triggers cortisol creation in the body, wouldn't a good Cortisol blocker and/or something similar work to counteract this trigger?
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A cortisol inhibitor won't prevent alcohol from kicking you out of ketosis, and alcohol doesn't directly convert to sugar. It is catalyzed to acetaldehyde then acetate, which can be metabolized or fed into gluconeogenesis.

However, anecdotally not everyone is kicked out of ketosis by drinking, so it's something you'll have to experiment with. Since alcohol is insulinogenic, it can actually cause a decrease in blood sugar levels, but this presumes you're imbibing sugar-free/carb-free drinks.

Martin Berkhan wrote an excellent article on it - google it. Essentially, as long as your carbs are kept low throughout the day you're drinking, you should be fine. Just don't overdo it.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    Stats
    6'2"  265 lbs.

Resolve,

Thank you so much for that response man you really helped me out! Martin Berkhan sure knows his stuff! if anybody reads this and wants to know more about alcohol consumption and your body, Google - Martin Berkhan

Good stuff.
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jogaxrr View Post
    Resolve,

Thank you so much for that response man you really helped me out! Martin Berkhan sure knows his stuff! if anybody reads this and wants to know more about alcohol consumption and your body, Google - Martin Berkhan

Good stuff.
    Glad I could help. Enjoy your drinking
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

Similar Forum Threads

1. Negative or Positive Effects
    By spiderman7 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 11:30 PM
  2. HGH+IGF-1 and negative effects
    By crummer1 in forum IGF-1/GH