Am I on the right track?

SnowMuffler

Awards
Hey everyone. A couple years ago I did a ketogenic diet to lose weight and managed to get down from 215lbs to 180lbs. Over the course of the past couple years I have made my way back up to an unhealthy 189lbs. I wouldnt mind the weight I am at, but I would like to slim down. I would guess I am around 20% bf. It all hangs out around the mid-section for me.

I started P90X last week (Im sure Ill get hate for this, I know, but I enjoy it). I have been diligent with every workout, every day. In the past 9 days since starting I haven't dropped any weight at all. I always weigh myself first thing in the morning. I feel as though, comparing to my first day pictures, that I may have slimmed down a bit. I expected to lose a little bit of weight, though, maybe water weight. I have two 1/2 gallons of water that I fill up and go through each day. This include the water used in supplementation.

Should I just chill out and hold out for a couple more weeks? Are my macros garbage or am I maybe cutting calories too much or maybe retaining water from creatine?

Here is what diet today was like for example:

Supplements:
-EC stack twice a day
-Bioforge V2
-Orange Triad
-Oximega Fish Oil & Greens
-DS Craze
-AEN Intrabolic
-Smart Powders Whey

*Breakfast - 30 Min Later*
4x strips turkey bacon
2oz roast beef
16oz skim milk
2 scoops whey

*Lunch*
1x Hamburger patty w/ a little mayo & cheese
2oz roast beef
1cup broccoli

*1.5hr before workout*
1x Quest bar

*Pre/Intra Workout*
1x scoop craze
1x scoop intrabolic

*Dinner*
2x Grilled chicken breast
1cup diced asparagus
2tbsp natty pb

Macros: 2,150cals; 80fat; 125carbs; 214protein

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You could be retaining a bit of water. You could also be adding some muscle since I can imagine you are working muscles that aren't used to being worked (P90X). Most of your initial weight loss while doing a keto diet is water; I wouldn't try to compare your results with this plan to that of a keto diet. Use your mirror over your scale.

Keep giving it your all with your workouts.

I wouldn't make any huge changes with it being only 9 days.

Califrniabear

Califrniabear

Awards
Looks great dude! my only gripe - you supplement protein way too much. whey protein should only really be used post workout, get the rest of your dietary protein intake from whole food sources. buy a food scale if you have to so you know what and how much you're getting.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Being that it is only day 9 i wouldnt worry.

Also like one of the other posters said, get yourself an electronic food scale, they are around 20 bucks at walmart. Ensure that you are eating the same amount each time woth meats and so forth. This will also make it easier to cut from certain areas when you need to take away some cals.

SnowMuffler

Awards
You could be retaining a bit of water. You could also be adding some muscle since I can imagine you are working muscles that aren't used to being worked (P90X). Most of your initial weight loss while doing a keto diet is water; I wouldn't try to compare your results with this plan to that of a keto diet. Use your mirror over your scale.

Keep giving it your all with your workouts.

I wouldn't make any huge changes with it being only 9 days.
Thanks for all the help. I weighed in this morning, beginning of week 3, and am down to 186. My body composition has continued to change as well. I appreciate the positive outlook and help. It's nice to not get ridiculed for basic questions like some of the other popular forums.

Looks great dude! my only gripe - you supplement protein way too much. whey protein should only really be used post workout, get the rest of your dietary protein intake from whole food sources. buy a food scale if you have to so you know what and how much you're getting.
Actually I have two scales. A cheap, 16oz "manual" scale and an electronic food scale. The manual one is just as a backup in case my electronic one goes out.

The reason that I take the shake in the morning is because I'm one of those people that just cant eat much immediately upon waking up. If I eat too much, my stomach gets irritated with me and I become miserable. I do not have a problem ingesting the shake, however. If I wait and dont take in the shake at that time, I'll be waiting about another 5 hours before I have time to actually sit down and have a good meal.

Its the same with the quest bar. I would say that 95% of the time at this time of day I am in a meeting. Its a lot easier to snack on one of those during a meeting than whipping out a tub of chicken and some greens. And a bit more professional too. :D

Being that it is only day 9 i wouldnt worry.

Also like one of the other posters said, get yourself an electronic food scale, they are around 20 bucks at walmart. Ensure that you are eating the same amount each time woth meats and so forth. This will also make it easier to cut from certain areas when you need to take away some cals.
Thanks for the help. I think I got mine at Target and its been a lifesaver. You never realize how much youre actually eating until you start measuring and weighing everything.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Just stick to it man. Takes a lil time to see results.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the help. I weighed in this morning, beginning of week 3, and am down to 186. My body composition has continued to change as well. I appreciate the positive outlook and help. It's nice to not get ridiculed for basic questions like some of the other popular forums.
Glad to hear!! Keep up the hard work and stay positive. The results will come.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm curious as I never followed a cut before, him being on Day 9, when should he start to see mirror or scale changes? 2 weeks?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Actually I have two scales. A cheap, 16oz "manual" scale and an electronic food scale. The manual one is just as a backup in case my electronic one goes out.

The reason that I take the shake in the morning is because I'm one of those people that just cant eat much immediately upon waking up. If I eat too much, my stomach gets irritated with me and I become miserable. I do not have a problem ingesting the shake, however. If I wait and dont take in the shake at that time, I'll be waiting about another 5 hours before I have time to actually sit down and have a good meal.

Its the same with the quest bar. I would say that 95% of the time at this time of day I am in a meeting. Its a lot easier to snack on one of those during a meeting than whipping out a tub of chicken and some greens. And a bit more professional too. :D

Thanks for the help. I think I got mine at Target and its been a lifesaver. You never realize how much youre actually eating until you start measuring and weighing everything.
No doubt about that!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm curious as I never followed a cut before, him being on Day 9, when should he start to see mirror or scale changes? 2 weeks?
I think the 2 week mark is a good place to start noticing something. 3 weeks is even better.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Typicaly if ive been eating kind of crappy ill start dropping water weight the first week but after week 2 i think is when the magic starts happening.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards