Breakfast question

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I'm on a cut at the moment working on like day 60 something but my question is fri sat n Sunday's I work at 7am so I have no time to make food for the morning so I've just been bringing a Greek yogurt and some oatmeal....are carbs specifically oatmeal bad to eat when you first get up? I heard it can spike insulin and cause it to be stored as fat...would it be better to just down some BCAAs then eat my oatmeal at like 10am? P.S I can't live without my oatmeal (lower sugar) and blueberries lol

uvawahoowa

Awards
Ok I'm on a cut at the moment working on like day 60 something but my question is fri sat n Sunday's I work at 7am so I have no time to make food for the morning so I've just been bringing a Greek yogurt and some oatmeal....are carbs specifically oatmeal bad to eat when you first get up? I heard it can spike insulin and cause it to be stored as fat...would it be better to just down some BCAAs then eat my oatmeal at like 10am? P.S I can't live without my oatmeal (lower sugar) and blueberries lol
What? Wake up 10 minutes earlier and make yourself a balanced meal. Carbs like oatmeal are fine as long as you hit your daily macros, better in the morning since you are more insulin sensitive. I have oatmeal in the morning 5 days/week. But not the 'lower sugar' or flavored kind, that is ****. Stick with steel cut or regular quaker.

Also, I would never have greek yogurt in the morning or on a cut, but that's just me.

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
Dairy and cut don't really go together.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What? Wake up 10 minutes earlier and make yourself a balanced meal. Carbs like oatmeal are fine as long as you hit your daily macros, better in the morning since you are more insulin sensitive. I have oatmeal in the morning 5 days/week. But not the 'lower sugar' or flavored kind, that is ****. Stick with steel cut or regular quaker.

Also, I would never have greek yogurt in the morning or on a cut, but that's just me.
It's to hectic some mornings due to having a 2 year old and what's wrong with plain Greek yogurt? 100 cals 7g carbs 18g protein....so guess I'll stick with my oats in the AM then

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dairy and cut don't really go together.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
For anyone or ppl that are sensitive to lactose? I mean I've gone to whole cut all dairy for a month thing and saw no difference...dairy doesn't seem to bloat me or effect me that I've seen

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it's a concern for you, just a few suggestions:
a. Get up earlier so that you CAN make or have your breakfast before you go to work;
b. Prepare your breakfast the night before and put it in the fridge;
c. Follow a nutritional protocol that does not have your first meal of the day so close to waking;
d. Have your BCAAs when you get up and then eat your meal at 1000.

You can have carbohydrates when you wake up if you want to - there is no hard and fast "rule" to follow, and everyone should ensure that they are doing what is right for THEM re nutrition, fat loss or not. Having carbohydrates when you wake up are not going to automatically store as fat, especially if you utilize them (or any excess calories you don't need) over the next several days.

As for the guys saying dairy is "bad" on a "cut", actually having two servings of dairy a day can help with fat loss more than if you do not have them - even those who are lactose intolerant can find dairy products that do NOT contain lactose, and that said, again it is all personal preference.

~Rosie~

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If it's a concern for you, just a few suggestions:
a. Get up earlier so that you CAN make or have your breakfast before you go to work;
b. Prepare your breakfast the night before and put it in the fridge;
c. Follow a nutritional protocol that does not have your first meal of the day so close to waking;
d. Have your BCAAs when you get up and then eat your meal at 1000.

You can have carbohydrates when you wake up if you want to - there is no hard and fast "rule" to follow, and everyone should ensure that they are doing what is right for THEM re nutrition, fat loss or not. Having carbohydrates when you wake up are not going to automatically store as fat, especially if you utilize them (or any excess calories you don't need) over the next several days.

As for the guys saying dairy is "bad" on a "cut", actually having two servings of dairy a day can help with fat loss more than if you do not have them - even those who are lactose intolerant can find dairy products that do NOT contain lactose, and that said, again it is all personal preference.

~Rosie~
Ty Rosie!!! Always helpful :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established

~Rosie~
Somewhere in the deep recesses of my brain there are articles I once read of vitamin D aiding in fat loss. I could be mistaken though.