intermittent fasting

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65
    Ok I have been reading thru allot of threads and I'm hearing mixed opinions on the BCAA. I am currently taking while I am fasting and while I'm working out. On my off days I will have some only during my fast. Do u guys see any problems with this? Can I have too many BCAA's?
    The only time IF protocol calls for bcaa's is during fasted training


  2. Can you take a preworkout with the BCAA or should you take them at different times when following the FTP?

    Thanks in advance!!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71
    Can you take a preworkout with the BCAA or should you take them at different times when following the FTP?

    Thanks in advance!!
    Take inside your feeding window only, they will.break your fast (preworkouts)

  4. Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post
    2.5kg in 4 days? Thats a sh*t load of water dude, make sure youre drinking enough.

    And thats 36 hours, not in one straight run I hope?

    peace.
    Nothing wrong with a 36 hour fast at all, not even slightly catabolic to muscle tissue. ADF people do this all the time, nothing but water and greens one day then wake up the next day and eat all day go to bed that night and fast until the following workout day which is typically on a 3 day a week or every other day set up.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    Ok so after a little more research i think I will change my times. My work schedule is 5am-5pm I will eat from 530am-130pm and fast the rest. My work out time will be 530pm witch I will drink my BCAA's and Glutamine. I am also taking an EC stack ( sometimes with asprin not all the time) and just got some Green Tea extract(EGCg) 400mg. Not to sure how much green tea I will take I think i will start with the 400mg. Maybe I will take this pr-workout? What do u guys think?
    I see someone already pointed you away from this. With your set up eating from say Noon-8 or 1:00-9 would be better.

    Quote Originally Posted by djdarklyceum View Post
    yeah it is 36 hours in one straight run, what's the problem with that? do you think we have to eat every single day? i do the lean gains system with 1 day of fasting previously.
    No problems at all. Some people get mixed up and think that Lean Gains is the definition of Intermittent fasting when it is only one of them and probably one of the newer ones. The original IF'ers ate when food was available sometime 2 or 3 days of foraging before getting a payload of food. I think we can make it 36 hours with no problem. Especially considering all the studies that show muscle is spared from catabolism during the first 40-48 hours of fasting.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    Thanks! So I will run it just like that. But on my days off I will switch it up and work out fasting and run the 1 p. Or the early morning fast training as long as I am getting my higher calorie intake postworkout? Is it ok to mix it up like this? I have to get my workouts when I can balancing Family, Work, and Gym.
    You should keep your feeding times similar for comfort sake. IE hunger patterns and the like, there is no other reason to keep them the same. I do not any longer because I have done this so long extending my fast up to 20-24 hours on a burn day is no big deal for me hunger wise. However nothing wrong with fasted cardio on your off days. Do not use any aminos or protein during the fast even after cardio. There is no need and it disrupts the fat burning process.

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post
    Take inside your feeding window only, they will.break your fast (preworkouts)
    Pre workouts can't break the fast unless they have nutritional value. Tons of zero carb pre workouts.

    Also BCAA's break your fast just as much as Protein powder. The issue is that whey powder takes longer to digest so you are out of the fast longer than with BCAA;s however make no doubt when you ingest BCAA's you are breaking the fast. If you have to use whey then go with an isolate and or something with whey peptides.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  5. Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob
    Take inside your feeding window only, they will.break your fast (preworkouts)
    Thanks!!! Exactly what I wanted to know!!!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71 View Post
    Thanks!!! Exactly what I wanted to know!!!
    Most pre workouts have glucose, sugars etc. This applies to anything with calories.. even cod liver oil has calories, just water in your belly, thats it!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob

    Most pre workouts have glucose, sugars etc. This applies to anything with calories.. even cod liver oil has calories, just water in your belly, thats it!
    Bcaas are a must if training fasted.
    Pre workouts are great!
    If your on a burn day,no bcaas just some coffee and water til you break the fast
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  8. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79

    Bcaas are a must if training fasted.
    Pre workouts are great!
    If your on a burn day,no bcaas just some coffee and water til you break the fast
    Ok so my preworkout is jack3d would that break my fast? Also can I take BCAA before bed after my feeding window has ended? Or would that all ready break my fast for the next day? Thanks for the replies btw!!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71

    Ok so my preworkout is jack3d would that break my fast? Also can I take BCAA before bed after my feeding window has ended? Or would that all ready break my fast for the next day? Thanks for the replies btw!!
    Jacked is fine.
    I would honestly do, if you like 1,3
    3 scoops purple wraath in a 2litre bottle, add in sns 25mg dmaa caps pre workout.
    Train fasted. Have 1/3 bcaa pre,10 peri-post and 10g every 2 hours post w/o until u break ur fast
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  10. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79

    Jacked is fine.
    I would honestly do, if you like 1,3
    3 scoops purple wraath in a 2litre bottle, add in sns 25mg dmaa caps pre workout.
    Train fasted. Have 1/3 bcaa pre,10 peri-post and 10g every 2 hours post w/o until u break ur fast
    Awesome!! Thanks so much!! Appreciate the advice!!

    P

  11. Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71

    Awesome!! Thanks so much!! Appreciate the advice!!

    P
    Enjoy. Any questions, let me know
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  12. I haven't read this entire post so my apologies if this is a repeat but i am doing IF and I am on a ECA stack. I've only been on ECA for for 3 days and IF going on two weeks I started at 277 lbs and I went down to 271lbs but now I'm back up to 273 I don't know if it's water weight ? I eat from 1 to 6 and normally have a protein shake, Avacado, can of tuna. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need to stay patient. Keep in my mind I started at 315lbs 10 weeks ago. Thanks for all the help

  13. Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27
    I haven't read this entire post so my apologies if this is a repeat but i am doing IF and I am on a ECA stack. I've only been on ECA for for 3 days and IF going on two weeks I started at 277 lbs and I went down to 271lbs but now I'm back up to 273 I don't know if it's water weight ? I eat from 1 to 6 and normally have a protein shake, Avacado, can of tuna. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need to stay patient. Keep in my mind I started at 315lbs 10 weeks ago. Thanks for all the help
    Starving yourself.
    Look up rippedbody.jpg I think its spelt.
    Gives you a basic and detailed diet critique for macros and kcal.

    Check my Sig or our.promo section on here and throw in an app for the 8 pack stack. The winner gets to challenge me for a month.
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  14. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Starving yourself.
    Look up rippedbody.jpg I think its spelt.
    Gives you a basic and detailed diet critique for macros and kcal.

    Check my Sig or our.promo section on here and throw in an app for the 8 pack stack. The winner gets to challenge me for a month.
    I was under the impression that the greater your caloric deficit the greater your results. I'm not trying to starve myself but the eca makes me have no desire to eat

  15. Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27 View Post
    I was under the impression that the greater your caloric deficit the greater your results. I'm not trying to starve myself but the eca makes me have no desire to eat
    the problem is going below a certain point more of your losses come from muscle than fat

  16. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

    the problem is going below a certain point more of your losses come from muscle than fat
    Beat me to it Easy!!! Good post
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  17. Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27 View Post
    I was under the impression that the greater your caloric deficit the greater your results. I'm not trying to starve myself but the eca makes me have no desire to eat
    the problem is going below a certain point more of your losses come from muscle than fat

  18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    the problem is going below a certain point more of your losses come from muscle than fat
    That makes since I guess right now I'm just trying to find a happy medium. My diet is clean in my opinion. All I eat is turkey, tuna, chicken, white fish, Avacado, black beans, brown rice, MTS Whey protein, and peanut butter. Obviously not all in one day but that is really the extent of my diet and I drink close to 2 gallons of water a day

  19. Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27 View Post
    That makes since I guess right now I'm just trying to find a happy medium. My diet is clean in my opinion. All I eat is turkey, tuna, chicken, white fish, Avacado, black beans, brown rice, MTS Whey protein, and peanut butter. Obviously not all in one day but that is really the extent of my diet and I drink close to 2 gallons of water a day
    then the only other thing you need is patience. remember you need to develop a habit for life. regardless of how long it takes to get to your goal weight/bodyfat level, eventually you do get there and you have to learn how to eat to be able to stay there

  20. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    then the only other thing you need is patience. remember you need to develop a habit for life. regardless of how long it takes to get to your goal weight/bodyfat level, eventually you do get there and you have to learn how to eat to be able to stay there
    Very true I guess I freaked out a little because this is the first time in 10 weeks I've gained weight. I weigh in first thing every morning. With just starting the ECA I was concerned

  21. Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27 View Post
    Very true I guess I freaked out a little because this is the first time in 10 weeks I've gained weight. I weigh in first thing every morning. With just starting the ECA I was concerned
    not knowing how old you are, I can still say it took years to add the weight, if it takes years to drop it, thats ok so long as there is progress over time and you aren't racing to some finish line to then be able to stop putting in the effort.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    remember you need to develop a habit for life.
    ^Definitely this^ Over & over again -

  23. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    then the only other thing you need is patience. remember you need to develop a habit for life. regardless of how long it takes to get to your goal weight/bodyfat level, eventually you do get there and you have to learn how to eat to be able to stay there
    Very true I guess I freaked out a little because this is the first time in 10 weeks I've gained weight. I weigh in first thing every morning. With just starting the ECA I was concerned

  24. Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27 View Post
    Very true I guess I freaked out a little because this is the first time in 10 weeks I've gained weight. I weigh in first thing every morning. With just starting the ECA I was concerned
    Yikes, weighing every day is a good way to get discouraged fast, your body is going to vary based on water weight etc, I would limit weigh-ins to once a week at the most, it's hard but stay off the scale, then at one week when you see 1lb or 2 gone it will keep you motivated, anyway the mirror and tape measure is a better quick way to see results.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    Yikes, weighing every day is a good way to get discouraged fast, your body is going to vary based on water weight etc,
    Correct, once a week if you really have to, i go once a month, never once a day... weigh yourself in the morning, do the same at night, you've put on 3 lbs in a day! Quick, stop eating! haha

    I can lose 6lbs doing a hefty dump or day two into D-AA when im p*ssing out of my arse!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Intermittent fasting
    By a312 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 08:09 AM
  2. intermittent fasting help please
    By cleveland3 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
  3. intermittent fasting
    By dark child in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 01:59 PM
  4. intermittent fasting
    By Shavani in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 11:47 PM
  5. Intermittent Fasting
    By trackstud100m in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Log in
Log in