intermittent fasting - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

intermittent fasting

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71 View Post
    Thanks!!! Exactly what I wanted to know!!!
    Most pre workouts have glucose, sugars etc. This applies to anything with calories.. even cod liver oil has calories, just water in your belly, thats it!

2. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob

Most pre workouts have glucose, sugars etc. This applies to anything with calories.. even cod liver oil has calories, just water in your belly, thats it!
    Bcaas are a must if training fasted.
    Pre workouts are great!
    If your on a burn day,no bcaas just some coffee and water til you break the fast
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79

Bcaas are a must if training fasted.
    Pre workouts are great!
    If your on a burn day,no bcaas just some coffee and water til you break the fast
    Ok so my preworkout is jack3d would that break my fast? Also can I take BCAA before bed after my feeding window has ended? Or would that all ready break my fast for the next day? Thanks for the replies btw!!
    •   

4. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71

Ok so my preworkout is jack3d would that break my fast? Also can I take BCAA before bed after my feeding window has ended? Or would that all ready break my fast for the next day? Thanks for the replies btw!!
    Jacked is fine.
    I would honestly do, if you like 1,3
    3 scoops purple wraath in a 2litre bottle, add in sns 25mg dmaa caps pre workout.
    Train fasted. Have 1/3 bcaa pre,10 peri-post and 10g every 2 hours post w/o until u break ur fast
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  150 lbs.

Jacked is fine.
    I would honestly do, if you like 1,3
    3 scoops purple wraath in a 2litre bottle, add in sns 25mg dmaa caps pre workout.
    Train fasted. Have 1/3 bcaa pre,10 peri-post and 10g every 2 hours post w/o until u break ur fast
    Awesome!! Thanks so much!! Appreciate the advice!!

P
  6. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71

Awesome!! Thanks so much!! Appreciate the advice!!

P
    Enjoy. Any questions, let me know
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  295 lbs.

I haven't read this entire post so my apologies if this is a repeat but i am doing IF and I am on a ECA stack. I've only been on ECA for for 3 days and IF going on two weeks I started at 277 lbs and I went down to 271lbs but now I'm back up to 273 I don't know if it's water weight ? I eat from 1 to 6 and normally have a protein shake, Avacado, can of tuna. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need to stay patient. Keep in my mind I started at 315lbs 10 weeks ago. Thanks for all the help
  8. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27
    I haven't read this entire post so my apologies if this is a repeat but i am doing IF and I am on a ECA stack. I've only been on ECA for for 3 days and IF going on two weeks I started at 277 lbs and I went down to 271lbs but now I'm back up to 273 I don't know if it's water weight ? I eat from 1 to 6 and normally have a protein shake, Avacado, can of tuna. I'm I doing something wrong or do I need to stay patient. Keep in my mind I started at 315lbs 10 weeks ago. Thanks for all the help
    Starving yourself.
    Look up rippedbody.jpg I think its spelt.
    Gives you a basic and detailed diet critique for macros and kcal.

Check my Sig or our.promo section on here and throw in an app for the 8 pack stack. The winner gets to challenge me for a month.
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  295 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Starving yourself.
    Look up rippedbody.jpg I think its spelt.
    Gives you a basic and detailed diet critique for macros and kcal.

Check my Sig or our.promo section on here and throw in an app for the 8 pack stack. The winner gets to challenge me for a month.
    I was under the impression that the greater your caloric deficit the greater your results. I'm not trying to starve myself but the eca makes me have no desire to eat
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by lenglish27 View Post
    I was under the impression that the greater your caloric deficit the greater your results. I'm not trying to starve myself but the eca makes me have no desire to eat
    the problem is going below a certain point more of your losses come from muscle than fat
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

the problem is going below a certain point more of your losses come from muscle than fat
    Beat me to it Easy!!! Good post
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  12. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  295 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    That makes since I guess right now I'm just trying to find a happy medium. My diet is clean in my opinion. All I eat is turkey, tuna, chicken, white fish, Avacado, black beans, brown rice, MTS Whey protein, and peanut butter. Obviously not all in one day but that is really the extent of my diet and I drink close to 2 gallons of water a day
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

That makes since I guess right now I'm just trying to find a happy medium. My diet is clean in my opinion. All I eat is turkey, tuna, chicken, white fish, Avacado, black beans, brown rice, MTS Whey protein, and peanut butter. Obviously not all in one day but that is really the extent of my diet and I drink close to 2 gallons of water a day
    then the only other thing you need is patience. remember you need to develop a habit for life. regardless of how long it takes to get to your goal weight/bodyfat level, eventually you do get there and you have to learn how to eat to be able to stay there
    This space for rent

15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  295 lbs.

then the only other thing you need is patience. remember you need to develop a habit for life. regardless of how long it takes to get to your goal weight/bodyfat level, eventually you do get there and you have to learn how to eat to be able to stay there
    Very true I guess I freaked out a little because this is the first time in 10 weeks I've gained weight. I weigh in first thing every morning. With just starting the ECA I was concerned
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Very true I guess I freaked out a little because this is the first time in 10 weeks I've gained weight. I weigh in first thing every morning. With just starting the ECA I was concerned
    not knowing how old you are, I can still say it took years to add the weight, if it takes years to drop it, thats ok so long as there is progress over time and you aren't racing to some finish line to then be able to stop putting in the effort.
    This space for rent

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

remember you need to develop a habit for life.
    ^Definitely this^ Over & over again -
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  295 lbs.

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Yikes, weighing every day is a good way to get discouraged fast, your body is going to vary based on water weight etc, I would limit weigh-ins to once a week at the most, it's hard but stay off the scale, then at one week when you see 1lb or 2 gone it will keep you motivated, anyway the mirror and tape measure is a better quick way to see results.
  20. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    Yikes, weighing every day is a good way to get discouraged fast, your body is going to vary based on water weight etc,
    Correct, once a week if you really have to, i go once a month, never once a day... weigh yourself in the morning, do the same at night, you've put on 3 lbs in a day! Quick, stop eating! haha

I can lose 6lbs doing a hefty dump or day two into D-AA when im p*ssing out of my arse!!
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

i personally weigh daily, but I also don't really care what it says
    This space for rent

22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob

Correct, once a week if you really have to, i go once a month, never once a day... weigh yourself in the morning, do the same at night, you've put on 3 lbs in a day! Quick, stop eating! haha

I can lose 6lbs doing a hefty dump or day two into D-AA when im p*ssing out of my arse!!
    Is that why im having explossive shtick
  23. Enhanced Body Formulations

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    i personally weigh daily, but I also don't really care what it says
    I do it 2-6 times a day for fun. Pre and post poop.

Habit. Cant help it.

Weighing everyday can be beneficial and discouraging from my experience. Weigh everyday but only count one weigh in on a specific day. Just easier for people who care about numbers not the mirror.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc

Habit. Cant help it.

Weighing everyday can be beneficial and discouraging from my experience. Weigh everyday but only count one weigh in on a specific day. Just easier for people who care about numbers not the mirror.
    Thought i was weird for weighing post poop good to know im not alone my record is like 5 lbs lol
  25. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc

Habit. Cant help it.

I think too that once you've been doing that long enough you get used to the fact that goddamn sunspots or listening to the wrong music can cause a 3lb variation day to day. Well some sort of unknown unable to determine factor anyhow
    This space for rent

26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Holy hell you guy taking 5lb poop.. That's a small new born!
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mk3less
    Holy hell you guy taking 5lb poop.. That's a small new born!
    Lol i was impressed
  28. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by live to lift

Lol i was impressed
    Bowel baby
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  29. Enhanced Body Formulations

Bowel baby
    Yea that's a big poo. My record was a little over 2.

And I eat like a beast lol
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Well i pi**ed too
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  80 lbs.

On more serious note then poop. Does creatine break the fast? As i guess it would be better absorbed on a empty stomach.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by inda11
    On more serious note then poop. Does creatine break the fast? As i guess it would be better absorbed on a empty stomach.
    This? Was already answered for u on another thread. No creatine does not break the fast as long as ur not using something with calories what type of creatine?
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'5"  128 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bowel baby
    Hahaha
  34. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Yea that's a big poo. My record was a little over 2.

And I eat like a beast lol
    was his name Junior?
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'5"  128 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There was one I had the pleasure of dealing with at work today that couldve competed lol...(I should mention I'm a preschool teacher working with 2 n 3 yr olds lol )
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runnerschick
    There was one I had the pleasure of dealing with at work today that couldve competed lol...(I should mention I'm a preschool teacher working with 2 n 3 yr olds lol )
    Lol that just makes it twice as bad u sir take the win
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

LTL your looking good bro...

Lots of funny comments on the scale and post dump weigh ins. I use a scale that measures weight, bf%, and body water%. I find using three metrics better than one. Ive learned to set monthly goals and use the scale more or less as a way to make sure I'm on the right track. It can be discouraging but also very motivating. Jumping on the scale is like getting paid on Friday. You get some return on your hard work.

I've started LG/IF and I'm loving it. So much flexibility. Made a post in the LG/IF thread and don't want to get repetitive. But when it comes to body science it just makes sense and feel like an idiot for never considering it before.

I'm in a recomp stage and it's working wonders and allowing me to have more control over my diet. I've never had a problem gaining weight or losing weight. The challenge for me has always been during a bulking phase. Nailing the right macros/calories to see the muscle and strength gains I want while not putting on body fat is difficult. I usually get to the strength/weight I want then taper. It's a fun challenge but would love to just find that perfect number for myself.

I'm in a total recomp stage right now, and I will probably put up a log at some point. But lean gains/IF is awesome. It allows me not to feel like I have cheat days if I have to go away for a weekend to a wedding or event. I just plan my fasting around the meals I know aren't going to be as clean as I would want.

The biggest challenge in a diet is always social functions. And instead of encouraging, most people try to get you to eat or drink and say live a little. So if I know I have dinner at 5, and it's going to be something like prime rib, I might not open my fasting window at 12. I'll fast till 5 knowing I'll hit my calories then and people won't give me **** for eating healthy. It's worked so far.

Although, when I am eating really healthy I feel horrible if i eat dirty food. My body just rejects it. Seems to be magnified on IF. MIght have to do with the insulin and glycogen levels from the fasting period. It's like a shock to my system. I feel like I ate a bag of cement and took 20 sleeping pills if I eat a large dirty meal.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Enjoyed reading this thread. I also started IF and am doing the 16/8 protocol. I train fasted in the morning. I take a some bcaa pre-wo, bcaa during wo, and bcaa post. Training starts around 7 or 8 am. I'm usually in the gym for 60-70 min. I dont break my fast till after 12. So far, energy levels are good. The only drawback for me is that I train with a lot of volume and am unable to lift weights that I used to. I am on a push/pull/leg routine. I'll give it another 2 weeks and see how my body adjusts. Anyways, it been about a 1.5 weeks since I've been on IF.

I'm on a recomp. My calories on training days is around 2400, and 1600 on rest days. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on my routine?
  39. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerj63
    Enjoyed reading this thread. I also started IF and am doing the 16/8 protocol. I train fasted in the morning. I take a some bcaa pre-wo, bcaa during wo, and bcaa post. Training starts around 7 or 8 am. I'm usually in the gym for 60-70 min. I dont break my fast till after 12. So far, energy levels are good. The only drawback for me is that I train with a lot of volume and am unable to lift weights that I used to. I am on a push/pull/leg routine. I'll give it another 2 weeks and see how my body adjusts. Anyways, it been about a 1.5 weeks since I've been on IF.

I'm on a recomp. My calories on training days is around 2400, and 1600 on rest days. Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on my routine?
    You can adapt any training to suit needs. There is no BEST training but in saying that, stick with big compound lifts for best ROI
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ballerj63 View Post

Hang in their bro I do the same protocol as you but my training starts at 4:30 am. The first two weeks I had to swallow my pride and lower the weight but now I'm back up and on a few work outs heavier then before. Your body will adapt and then some. Good luck!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Intermittent fasting
    By a312 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 07:09 AM
  2. intermittent fasting help please
    By cleveland3 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
  3. intermittent fasting
    By dark child in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2