intermittent fasting

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by audix2359 View Post
    +1. If the person had been doing IF/Leangains for a while and had successfully done a bulk using IF in the past, then it might be okay. However, starting a Test cycle wouldn't be the time to start experimenting with IF. Eventually, most people will adapt to eating large, 2,000 calorie plus meals but for some it might take a long time.
    Definitely a better worded version of what I was getting at. Its just a LOT of food to try to eat during a feed window, and crazy hard on a low carb day. If on a bunch of test i wouldn't worry about trying to lean bulk...the test will take care of that- just eat.

  2. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Beta BBer View Post
    Definitely a better worded version of what I was getting at. Its just a LOT of food to try to eat during a feed window, and crazy hard on a low carb day. If on a bunch of test i wouldn't worry about trying to lean bulk...the test will take care of that- just eat.
    its easier on a low carb day. grab a jar of natural peanut butter, a spoon and either some milk or a protein shake. I can put down 2500 calories like that in a half hour...



    169x13 = 2200, not counting the milk/shake.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  3. What kind of pb is that? I like the way those macros look. This pb and the naturally more pb are the only ones I've found with 10 g pro per serving. Sorry to get off topic a bit.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    What kind of pb is that? I like the way those macros look. This pb and the naturally more pb are the only ones I've found with 10 g pro per serving. Sorry to get off topic a bit.
    thats naturally more pretty much all I buy
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  5. Really? What the hell? The macros are different than my jar haha. Me too though. But my macros are 180 cals, 14 fat, 7 carb, 4 fiber, and 9 pro. Weird.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
  6. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Really? What the hell? The macros are different than my jar haha. Me too though. But my macros are 180 cals, 14 fat, 7 carb, 4 fiber, and 9 pro. Weird.
    it has varied over time, that was one I found online. the jar in my fridge says 14 servings of 200 calories
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  7. Ha. Interesting. O well. No matter which jar you get it is still the best pb around IMO.
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
  8. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    yeah, the only one better at all is power pb (made by the same company funny enough). sells for $8/jar. The only thing that makes it better is that they use honey instead of cane sugar as a sweetener. I used to get their 4lb jars, which if you found good sales you could maybe get at $20/jar if you bought a case (4 jars) But with the naturally more at $3/jar, it isn't worth it.

    Have you ever tried their almond butter? I've never seen it in store, so have never bought it
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  9. I'm on day 3 and the hunger is easy to deal with. It's just convincing myself that I won't ruin any gains by waiting 7 hours after my lifting session to eat. I'm so programmed to have a shake after my lifting session . That's the hardest part.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  10. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane
    I'm on day 3 and the hunger is easy to deal with. It's just convincing myself that I won't ruin any gains by waiting 7 hours after my lifting session to eat. I'm so programmed to have a shake after my lifting session . That's the hardest part.
    I have not made it past a day or 2 on IF...
    I just added in cardio/HIIT to help burn some body fat & just reduce cals....
    There's so many scenarios out now: no carbs after 7, eat your carbs @ night, low carb, 40/30/30 diet.... & so on.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    I'm on day 3 and the hunger is easy to deal with. It's just convincing myself that I won't ruin any gains by waiting 7 hours after my lifting session to eat. I'm so programmed to have a shake after my lifting session . That's the hardest part.
    Totally agree with this, if you can swing AM training its a lot easier to go from gym directly to kitchen like we are all used to. That said, chicken and rice is not what i am used to eating at 9am.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I have not made it past a day or 2 on IF...
    I just added in cardio/HIIT to help burn some body fat & just reduce cals....
    There's so many scenarios out now: no carbs after 7, eat your carbs @ night, low carb, 40/30/30 diet.... & so on.
    It's just something I haven't tried yet. I can swing the fast but getting over that mental " must have whey and carbs within a hour after workout" thing is toying with my brain.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  13. I'm currently doing IF with OEP to curb the hunger on the fasting days. It's easy as at the moment and i'm shedding quite a bit of weight. I've lost 2.5kgs in 4 days and about to go on my second rotation fast for the week. I highly recommend it, it's quite insane how good the results are. I'm going to introduce cardio next week into the mix after a solid weeks effort. Been having 2 meals on the day after i come off the IF, and 3 meals on the day after that. 36 hours of IF twice a week, i'm really looking forward to how i'll look after 1 month of hard cutting. I found that i lost about 30lbs in a month but then plateau'd and found it hard to break through. This has severely smashed through it and i'm quietly confident i'll reach my goal weight.

  14. 2.5kg in 4 days? Thats a sh*t load of water dude, make sure youre drinking enough.

    And thats 36 hours, not in one straight run I hope?

    peace.

  15. I think I'm going to give this a try. I just have a couple of questions. I will start my fast at 8pm and start eating at noon. I will be working out at 530 I work 12 hour shifts so its the only good time for me. I am currently taking aminocore BCAA during my workouts. Would it be best to drink this in the morning after I wake up (10 calories),or 2x a day, or during my workouts how I am currently.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65
    I think I'm going to give this a try. I just have a couple of questions. I will start my fast at 8pm and start eating at noon. I will be working out at 530 I work 12 hour shifts so its the only good time for me. I am currently taking aminocore BCAA during my workouts. Would it be best to drink this in the morning after I wake up (10 calories),or 2x a day, or during my workouts how I am currently.
    What meal protocol are you following 1 meal pw 2 meal pw or fasted training?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by live to lift

    What meal protocol are you following 1 meal pw 2 meal pw or fasted training?
    Not sure what u mean? This method is new to me just started looking into it.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65

    Not sure what u mean? This method is new to me just started looking into it.
    Look up the leangains web page bro. I would link it but I'm in my phone. There's several different protocols regarding training in your fasting period. look up the page and you'll be able to find the correct protocol for your situation.

  19. Ok so after a little more research i think I will change my times. My work schedule is 5am-5pm I will eat from 530am-130pm and fast the rest. My work out time will be 530pm witch I will drink my BCAA's and Glutamine. I am also taking an EC stack ( sometimes with asprin not all the time) and just got some Green Tea extract(EGCg) 400mg. Not to sure how much green tea I will take I think i will start with the 400mg. Maybe I will take this pr-workout? What do u guys think?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65
    Ok so after a little more research i think I will change my times. My work schedule is 5am-5pm I will eat from 530am-130pm and fast the rest. My work out time will be 530pm witch I will drink my BCAA's and Glutamine. I am also taking an EC stack ( sometimes with asprin not all the time) and just got some Green Tea extract(EGCg) 400mg. Not to sure how much green tea I will take I think i will start with the 400mg. Maybe I will take this pr-workout? What do u guys think?
    I wouldnt do this set up you need to follow either 1 meal pw 2 meals pw or fasted training let me explain with using my set up. I work from 10am to 6 pm i follow a 2 meals pw protocol where i break the fast at noon and i eat 20% of my daily calories, then at 3 or 4 i eat another 20% then i workout at 6 to 7 and my largest meal comes at 8 where i eat 60% of my daily calories

  21. yeah it is 36 hours in one straight run, what's the problem with that? do you think we have to eat every single day? i do the lean gains system with 1 day of fasting previously.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    Ok so after a little more research i think I will change my times. My work schedule is 5am-5pm I will eat from 530am-130pm and fast the rest. My work out time will be 530pm witch I will drink my BCAA's and Glutamine. I am also taking an EC stack ( sometimes with asprin not all the time) and just got some Green Tea extract(EGCg) 400mg. Not to sure how much green tea I will take I think i will start with the 400mg. Maybe I will take this pr-workout? What do u guys think?
    Why do you need to take asprin? What is a ECA Stack all about?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by inda11

    Why do you need to take asprin? What is a ECA Stack all about?
    Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Asprin.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by live to lift

    I wouldnt do this set up you need to follow either 1 meal pw 2 meals pw or fasted training let me explain with using my set up. I work from 10am to 6 pm i follow a 2 meals pw protocol where i break the fast at noon and i eat 20% of my daily calories, then at 3 or 4 i eat another 20% then i workout at 6 to 7 and my largest meal comes at 8 where i eat 60% of my daily calories
    Thanks! So I will run it just like that. But on my days off I will switch it up and work out fasting and run the 1 p. Or the early morning fast training as long as I am getting my higher calorie intake postworkout? Is it ok to mix it up like this? I have to get my workouts when I can balancing Family, Work, and Gym.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65

    Thanks! So I will run it just like that. But on my days off I will switch it up and work out fasting and run the 1 p. Or the early morning fast training as long as I am getting my higher calorie intake postworkout? Is it ok to mix it up like this? I have to get my workouts when I can balancing Family, Work, and Gym.
    Keep your window of eating consistant and always stick to it again ill explain by example. My norm is as stated before eat from 12 to 8 and train at 6 thus following a 2 meal pw however on the weekends when i do not work i like to do fasted training my eating period is still 12 to 8 but i might train at 10 am instead of at 6 pm. Always remember if following this type of scenario to ingest 10g bcaa prior to your workout if training in a fasted state, hope this helps!

  26. I have a question for you guys with experience in IF. As far as taking the BCAA Prework, does it matter if you use a good protein powder instead? Also, what about the off day, do you do IF also or just eat normal!

    Thanks in advance

  27. Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71 View Post
    I have a question for you guys with experience in IF. As far as taking the BCAA Prework, does it matter if you use a good protein powder instead? Also, what about the off day, do you do IF also or just eat normal!

    Thanks in advance

    This has all been gone over, but BCAA preworkout is the ideal protocol. Protein will break the fast, so it depends.

    What do you mean by "the off day". If you mean non training days, most practitioners do a fast with reduced calories compared to training days and fewer carbs/higher fat sources.

  28. I apologize I just read thru the whole thread, right after posting my question, my bad! But thanks for your reply! I think I will go the BCAA route and probably get better results. Yes I meant on non training days. What about on cardio only days? Do you do the BCAA on those days also! I am in need of starting something different, I am a 40 yo female that has been training since I was 16 and competed back in the day, but doing the 6 meals a day isn't really working any more, after turning 40 it's alot harder to stay lean and loss body fat. So thanks again for your reply and any other advice or suggestions would greatly appreciated!!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71 View Post
    I apologize I just read thru the whole thread, right after posting my question, my bad! But thanks for your reply! I think I will go the BCAA route and probably get better results. Yes I meant on non training days. What about on cardio only days? Do you do the BCAA on those days also! I am in need of starting something different, I am a 40 yo female that has been training since I was 16 and competed back in the day, but doing the 6 meals a day isn't really working any more, after turning 40 it's alot harder to stay lean and loss body fat. So thanks again for your reply and any other advice or suggestions would greatly appreciated!!

    If you are doing AM fasted cardio on non weight days, the BCAA couldn't hurt. There are probably different considerations for women and your goals are likely different than mine though. I would probably get worn out trying to recover after doing cardio and staying low carb on a rest day.

    Not having to be in the kitchen all of the time is NICE!

  30. I would be curious to see what some of u guys are eating. My First day fast went well not to tough. Eating all the protein is going to be tough though. Today Im having a protein shake with my meals.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    I would be curious to see what some of u guys are eating. My First day fast went well not to tough. Eating all the protein is going to be tough though. Today Im having a protein shake with my meals.
    weight days chicken/rice/veggies/fruit x2
    rest days, beef/veggies x1 chicken /veggies minimal fruit x1
  32. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    I would be curious to see what some of u guys are eating. My First day fast went well not to tough. Eating all the protein is going to be tough though. Today Im having a protein shake with my meals.
    on a lifting day usually meal 1 is close to a pound of beef, 2 bananas, green vegetables of some sort or another, some cookies or hostess cupcakes or poptarts, possibly crackers and hummus. Meal 2 would generally be chicken based, 2 medium breasts with white or sweet potatos, more veggies, peanut butter with cottage cheese (0 cal chocolate syrup) and ice cream or ice pops
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  33. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    on a lifting day usually meal 1 is close to a pound of beef, 2 bananas, green vegetables of some sort or another, some cookies or hostess cupcakes or poptarts, possibly crackers and hummus. Meal 2 would generally be chicken based, 2 medium breasts with white or sweet potatos, more veggies, peanut butter with cottage cheese (0 cal chocolate syrup) and ice cream or ice pops
    are you cycling your carb levels? I am high on training days, way lower on rest days.
  34. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Beta BBer View Post
    are you cycling your carb levels? I am high on training days, way lower on rest days.
    yeah, i'm basically no carb off days. those meals are more like tuna + olive oil mayo over salad greens, peanut butter eaten with a spoon, almonds, etc. close to similar meals just without the carbs added basically, and a bit extra fats.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  35. Ok I have been reading thru allot of threads and I'm hearing mixed opinions on the BCAA. I am currently taking while I am fasting and while I'm working out. On my off days I will have some only during my fast. Do u guys see any problems with this? Can I have too many BCAA's?

  36. Quote Originally Posted by rhino65
    Ok I have been reading thru allot of threads and I'm hearing mixed opinions on the BCAA. I am currently taking while I am fasting and while I'm working out. On my off days I will have some only during my fast. Do u guys see any problems with this? Can I have too many BCAA's?
    The only time IF protocol calls for bcaa's is during fasted training

  37. Can you take a preworkout with the BCAA or should you take them at different times when following the FTP?

    Thanks in advance!!

  38. Quote Originally Posted by gonzalezpg71
    Can you take a preworkout with the BCAA or should you take them at different times when following the FTP?

    Thanks in advance!!
    Take inside your feeding window only, they will.break your fast (preworkouts)

  39. Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post
    2.5kg in 4 days? Thats a sh*t load of water dude, make sure youre drinking enough.

    And thats 36 hours, not in one straight run I hope?

    peace.
    Nothing wrong with a 36 hour fast at all, not even slightly catabolic to muscle tissue. ADF people do this all the time, nothing but water and greens one day then wake up the next day and eat all day go to bed that night and fast until the following workout day which is typically on a 3 day a week or every other day set up.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    Ok so after a little more research i think I will change my times. My work schedule is 5am-5pm I will eat from 530am-130pm and fast the rest. My work out time will be 530pm witch I will drink my BCAA's and Glutamine. I am also taking an EC stack ( sometimes with asprin not all the time) and just got some Green Tea extract(EGCg) 400mg. Not to sure how much green tea I will take I think i will start with the 400mg. Maybe I will take this pr-workout? What do u guys think?
    I see someone already pointed you away from this. With your set up eating from say Noon-8 or 1:00-9 would be better.

    Quote Originally Posted by djdarklyceum View Post
    yeah it is 36 hours in one straight run, what's the problem with that? do you think we have to eat every single day? i do the lean gains system with 1 day of fasting previously.
    No problems at all. Some people get mixed up and think that Lean Gains is the definition of Intermittent fasting when it is only one of them and probably one of the newer ones. The original IF'ers ate when food was available sometime 2 or 3 days of foraging before getting a payload of food. I think we can make it 36 hours with no problem. Especially considering all the studies that show muscle is spared from catabolism during the first 40-48 hours of fasting.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino65 View Post
    Thanks! So I will run it just like that. But on my days off I will switch it up and work out fasting and run the 1 p. Or the early morning fast training as long as I am getting my higher calorie intake postworkout? Is it ok to mix it up like this? I have to get my workouts when I can balancing Family, Work, and Gym.
    You should keep your feeding times similar for comfort sake. IE hunger patterns and the like, there is no other reason to keep them the same. I do not any longer because I have done this so long extending my fast up to 20-24 hours on a burn day is no big deal for me hunger wise. However nothing wrong with fasted cardio on your off days. Do not use any aminos or protein during the fast even after cardio. There is no need and it disrupts the fat burning process.

    Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob View Post
    Take inside your feeding window only, they will.break your fast (preworkouts)
    Pre workouts can't break the fast unless they have nutritional value. Tons of zero carb pre workouts.

    Also BCAA's break your fast just as much as Protein powder. The issue is that whey powder takes longer to digest so you are out of the fast longer than with BCAA;s however make no doubt when you ingest BCAA's you are breaking the fast. If you have to use whey then go with an isolate and or something with whey peptides.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html

  40. Quote Originally Posted by RogerBob
    Take inside your feeding window only, they will.break your fast (preworkouts)
    Thanks!!! Exactly what I wanted to know!!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Intermittent fasting
    By a312 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-29-2012, 07:09 AM
  2. intermittent fasting help please
    By cleveland3 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
  3. intermittent fasting
    By dark child in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
  4. intermittent fasting
    By Shavani in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM
  5. Intermittent Fasting
    By trackstud100m in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Log in
Log in