diet not gaining as i should

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.03%

diet not gaining as i should

Hey guys take a look. I am trying a lean gain on roughly 3000 calories a day. I weigh 181-185 fluctuates. Am i at the right caloric level? what additions should i make etc..
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

well i'd love to help you but when i opened it up a bunch of jibberjabber squares and whatnot appeared in the text
    could you try copy and pasting it into your post?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.03%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    well i'd love to help you but when i opened it up a bunch of jibberjabber squares and whatnot appeared in the text
    could you try copy and pasting it into your post?

How can i attach an excel spreadsheet without that happining?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.03%

Quote Originally Posted by rich2342
    How can i attach an excel spreadsheet without that happining?

here goes in word format
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.4%

i usually just take the whey protein for postworkout only. maybe eat some cottage cheese and a burrito for pre-workout. it's probably best to eat real food rather then depend on shakes, but it is whatever fits your schedule best. drink milk with all your meals except for the pre-workout. also, tuna is a good protein source and both are cheap to buy. good luck.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.42%

one thing you need, OATS FOR BREAKFAST
    i belive everyone should start the day with a nice bowl of oats, they are the food for champions!

i would up the quality of the protein, like in meal #2, instead of having 2 sausages, replace them with some more egg whites and add vegies (gotta have them vegies!)

chicken wraps are ok, but you seem to be having quite a few of them, personally i dont like the processed nature of the tortilla's, they usually have a higher-GI and alot less nutrients than fruit/vegies/whole grains(such as oats and rice)

ummm..... i guess dex is ok pre-workout if you really dont have time, but if you can have a good complex carb meal before your workout, you will find it provides you with more sustained energy in your workout, rather than a spike of energy

as for post-workout, interesting what you are doing, but mr.bobo reckons high-GI isnt nessisary post-workout

oh yeah....use less supplements, just use whey post-workout, dont need anything else (MRP's and such are a waste of money IMO)
  7. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.56%

You've got way to many shakes/whey in there. You've got six meals in there w/either whey or and mrp. You'll never grow like this...ever. Keep the whey to pre and post workout only. Add some tuna fish, turkey, and chicken breasts, and other lean sources of protein.

You can't expect to grow living off whey protein, and mrps. There are plenty of resources on this board that will help you out w/lean sources of protein.

I agree w/the addition of veggies. I also agree that you should lose the dex pre/post workout, and replace it w/some kind of low GI carb, oats would be a good choice.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.43%

I agree with Sticks.

Much harder to bulk with a lot of shakes compared to real foods, even if it's similar macro breakdowns.
  9. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago
    I agree with Sticks.

Much harder to bulk with a lot of shakes compared to real foods, even if it's similar macro breakdowns.
    Exactly you MUST eat whole foods. I've been through this myself so i'm trying to help you out here. I used to replace meals constantly w/whey, and all it did was drop right through my stomach, and out my ass. I promise you will get better results w/real foods.

Like a smart man once said "If god made it then you should eat it." Please use some logic w/this quote. ie. eggs, chicken, lean ground beef, fish.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    Like a smart man once said "If god made it then you should eat it."
    sounds very familiar
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.13%

If you have trouble eating tons of whole protein foods, try combining a smaller shake with some meat in the same meal.
  12. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.56%

Quote Originally Posted by beamen28
    sounds very familiar
    Heh, yeah a smart man said it, but a not so smart man told me.
  13. Get big or die trying
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    If you have trouble eating tons of whole protein foods, try combining a smaller shake with some meat in the same meal.
    This is actually a pretty good idea, but don't go overboard w/it.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks
    This is actually a pretty good idea, but don't go overboard w/it.

a few comments, The liquid protein(whey) is the quick source i need first thing in the a.m. with carbs. I do ussually eat whole oatmeal but its too bloating for me first thing in the am. i ussually mix in some skim milk either in the shake or my oatmeal to last me till my next meal.

as for the dextrose. it works fine for me. I bracket my workouts with it. I drink about 15grams immediatly prior and the rest during my workouts of course with the mixture of whey and satur8. immediatly post i use 46grams dex 23grams whey and satura8 for post meal#1 sometimes i also throw in some R-ala to help with the insulin spike. I'm pretty lean even when upping cals.
  15. board observer
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.96%

Some additions you should make:

Any fish (tuna is cheap)
    Cottage Cheese
    Peanut Butter or mixed Nuts
    Fruits & Vegetables: Dude, I don't see ANY. Banana? Apple? Some greens? Baked beans? I'm rhyming now?

If you have to have shakes, I suggest you get a blender. That way you can add real food to them instead of just whey and oil. Milk, eggs, cottage cheese, bananas, berries, oatmeal, peanut butter, flax seeds, etc. can all be added to shakes. IMHO, you don't need more than 20g of whey at a time. I never have it plain. At least add milk and eat some real foods with it.

If you need more suggestions on how to add these foods to your diet, just ask. We probably all have quick recipes worth sharing.

Also, it might not hurt to bump up to 3200 or 3300 cals a day. There's no perfect equation. Everyone's a little different and it will take time to find out what's right for you.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree with the others. You are relying on too many shakes to make up your caloric/protein intake. Look into adding in some low GI fruits, bananas apples, blueberries, avocados, etc. Also, add in some greens/veggies such as spinach, brocolli, squash, etc. Other carbs such as brown rice, Kashi, yams, more oats would be good. Good nuts to have would be almonds and walnuts, and don't forget your natty p/b.. Non-fat milk, cottage cheese, cream cheese is also good to add in somewhere.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.93%

MEAT

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 08:52 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
  3. world map.....as it should look
    By Beelzebub in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 11:09 AM
  4. why is this not reported as a hate crime?
    By Beelzebub in forum Politics
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 09:15 AM
  5. Diet and training in check, but not gaining?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 10:41 PM