guess bf%

figgy336

Awards
Just started my cutting cycle trying to lose the belly fat..

Want some feedback/tips!!
Thanks

2012-05-16 21.21.51-1.jpg

audix2359

audix2359

Awards
Go to Amazon and buy some bf calipers. You can get some on there for less than $10.00 shipped, so you won't need to guess.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys I think he's higher than 11. I think more around 13%.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
With the lighting its kind of hard to tell id be with saggy on this one 13-15 however its just a number

figgy336

Awards
Yea that's what I was thinkin 2 about 15%..yea ima get some calipers.. thanks guys

figgy336

Awards
Hey y'all about how often should I workout abs???

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Either once a week like every other muscle, or never

Btw obliques require more attention than abs. Abs help stabilize most heavy compounds

audix2359

audix2359

Awards
Hey y'all about how often should I workout abs???
Keep in mind that movements like squat, deadlift and standing military press work your abs. In the beginning I would do direct ab work 1-2 times per week with varied movements and didn't add a lot of weight. When I started heavy direct ab work, they really took off. Now I'll occasionally throw some hanging leg raises or plate twists in for a training block, but my 1 direct ab standby is heavy slantboard sit-up's. I do 5 sets of 5 reps with the heaviest dumbell possible held BEHIND my head.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
What these guys said. I rarely do any direct ab work. Once you take the fat off you'll realise the ab development isn't the problem but the layer of fat obfuscating their view.

P094743

Awards
Go to bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator

Follow the steps for the BF formula for men. This should be a good start to get a more accurate idea. IMO, as you get leaner it is less accurate like off by as much as 1-1.5%

Hope this helps, you will need waist measurement and weight to calculate.

figgy336

Awards
Go to bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator

Follow the steps for the BF formula for men. This should be a good start to get a more accurate idea. IMO, as you get leaner it is less accurate like off by as much as 1-1.5%

Hope this helps, you will need waist measurement and weight to calculate.
Thank for your help man!!

Califrniabear

Califrniabear

Awards
looks like 13% to me. Shouldn't have a problem getting to 8% in two months