Female Boxer has 2 weeks to make weight (10 lbs.)

Flabby

Awards
Slow and steady is the best approach, yes. But right now, my girlfriend has about 2 weeks to make her weight. This isn't for an actual weigh in, but for a boxing team she's on. Some kind of test...

You can save the editorials about why her coach may be full of ****, or why it's dumb to lose that much so quickly, as I've already shared my views on this topic with her :)

I'm helping her put together a diet and workout plan, and basically, I'd just like to know the general consensus on the best way to go about doing this... thoughts?

Obviously intense exercise and extreme calorie restriction are a must, but what is the best way for her to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks without performance losses and extreme irritability with her boyfriend?

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is a great question. Sorry for the short amount of time. I would recommend a fatburner for sure and also intense amount of cardio. Muscle Gauge Nutrition makes one called TrimDown Advannced it's really great stuff. Check it out at the link below

Flabby

Awards
Thanks. What about diet? Would carb/calorie cycling even be relevant for such a short amount of time? Macro breakdown would be primarily protein and healthy fats, but she already eats this way.... So I'm guessing just less of that?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Dude yud be surprised how much water people can hold.. I once cut 12lbs overnight.. Wrestled in a tourney in 285 lb class at 227 an had to cut to 215 by the next day.. I would say let her eat her normal food so she can have energy to train ramp up the cardio,buy a rubber suit and cut like a madwoman the day before weigh ins

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Slow and steady is the best approach, yes. But right now, my girlfriend has about 2 weeks to make her weight. This isn't for an actual weigh in, but for a boxing team she's on. Some kind of test...

You can save the editorials about why her coach may be full of ****, or why it's dumb to lose that much so quickly, as I've already shared my views on this topic with her :)

I'm helping her put together a diet and workout plan, and basically, I'd just like to know the general consensus on the best way to go about doing this... thoughts?

Obviously intense exercise and extreme calorie restriction are a must, but what is the best way for her to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks without performance losses and extreme irritability with her boyfriend?
She could easily lose 10 pounds in two weeks, especially if she simply just lost as much water and food weight as possible. Extreme calorie restriction and excessive exercise are not a must, although a decrease in carbohydrates somewhat can help with less water retention. I would honestly just say focus on water loss strategies, and if she loses some bodyfat in the process, then that works as well.

~Rosie~