Intermittent fasting

a312

Awards
Hey, anyone do intermittent fasting for fat loss? Any tips?

Thanx

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
And FYI It DOES work , wonderfully actually , Lean Gains is more than a Diet , its a Life Style Change for the better :)

a312

Awards
I started fasting on monday, i might have this wrong but would appreciate ur help on it.

So far, i ate as normal on monday breakfast, lunch, dinner. Had a low carn dinner and was at 6pm. I woke up, had my bcaa n had my training session 7.30-8.45 am, i had another dose of bcaa immediately after and broke my fast at 11am with around 65g of carbs n 100g protein, i ate every 3-4 hours reducing my carbs but keep protein intake the same until about 7pm, as i wirk shifts can only eat dinner when i have a chance. So as i stopped eating at 7pm my fasting will get extended today. But i try to fast for atleast 15-16 hours. Will preworkout supplements affect the fasting state?

Please let me know what u think. Through my fasting i drink green tea and water only. Mainly interested in dropping body fat, as i am female dont know if this will be harder to do?

Many thanks!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Lol bump meanin?
I'm at the gym ATM but I'll answer you later, for now meal frequency is not a priority and just worry about making the post workout meal (fast breaker) the biggest one

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Lol bump meanin?
I was curious about the answer to your question, so I "bump"ed it to bring it back to the top of the list under "new posts"

I workout in the evenings, I was curious if just taking BCAA upon waking would interfere with the fasting?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I was curious about the answer to your question, so I "bump"ed it to bring it back to the top of the list under "new posts"

I workout in the evenings, I was curious if just taking BCAA upon waking would interfere with the fasting?
BCAAs don't break the fast and they aid in protein synthesis while on the fast.

a312

Awards
Ohh ok thats cool :) ive read that taking bcaa dont interfere with it. I do that too, take a look at the links that were posted by celorza big help

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, that's what I was figuring. I tend to 2nd guess myself. Usually when I think of fasting I think the ingestion of NOTHING but water.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thank you, that's what I was figuring. I tend to 2nd guess myself. Usually when I think of fasting I think the ingestion of NOTHING but water.
Lol me too! Have u been fasting a long time?
You don't break a fast as long as you don't get more than 50 cals in a 1 hour interval...Also BCAA's , creatine mono , beta alanine , alcar , agmatine (usual staples besides Fish Oil) don't count up to breaking a fast and are needed for muscle protection and protein synthesis stimulation , read up on the links I posted again , it explains it all there.

Take a good look at your macros too please , you can't be scared of carbs OR big meals with IF

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanx for that, how long til u saw results from this?
Lol you can not use me a baseline everyone is different , but following cutting schemes and with cardio everyday (which I do a lot haha I'm a cardio nut) I got pretty cut up in the last 4 weeks of my cut...This is a lifestyle change bro's , it takes time but results are worth it.

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
how would leangains diet work if i can only workout at 4-5pm?? I've considered trying it too but i don't workout in the morning....
i guess i could start fasting at 12am and continue for aprox 14hrs till my workout??
and what sups can i take while fasting? multi vitamins, fish oil etc? or like a fat burner ex aav2?

orionz06

Awards
I am loving IF, it has allowed me to begin to alter my lifestyle with very little change, if that makes sense. Also lost 38# so far.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
how would leangains diet work if i can only workout at 4-5pm?? I've considered trying it too but i don't workout in the morning....
i guess i could start fasting at 12am and continue for aprox 14hrs till my workout??
and what sups can i take while fasting? multi vitamins, fish oil etc? or like a fat burner ex aav2?
Same way, only difference is that your biggest meal is at 6pm...

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
You would follow the two meals pre workout protocol break the fast at 12 end the fast at 8 right after your post workout meal.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Lol me too! Have u been fasting a long time?
Haven't done it yet. I've been waiting till I ordered some more BCAA's. I ordered them last night, so when they arrive I will start.
I workout in the evening. My finally meal which is dinner, is usually around 9-10pm. I figure I'll start the fast after that. Take 10g of BCAA about 7:30 when I wake up and have my first meal about noon.