Prolonged Diet Side Effects

Xtweak05

Xtweak05

Awards
Has anybody here ever grown sensitive to "cheat foods" from dieting?

I've been dieting for a while now but have had a vacation in there and a couple scheduled cheat days. Yesterday was one so I'll share my experience. I ended up in the bathroom 4-5 times, it becomes a blur after 3 lets be honest, and each time not even an hour after said cheat meal. It either wants to come up, or go out. In yesterdays case it was go out. I also end up with stomach discomfort all day unless I eat something healthy. If I dare mention my vacation lets just say it was 10x worse.

Here's my typical DIET day foods:

- 1 Protein shake (breakfast) consisting of bananas, strawberries, skim milk, 2 scoops whey, 2 tbsp Natty PB
- Tilapia, and lots of it. It's my main source of protein
- Brown Rice Cakes, easier than rice
- cashews
- tuna

those items right there are my staple, but here are some other foods that make appearances once in a while if I get bored:

- egg whites
- salmon, flounder, & cod
- blueberries & apples

That's about it. I'm very strict, which I believe is the result of my digestive issues. The big picture of this is good, I suppose. Considering I've been known to really go all out when I'm not dieting with pizza, ribs, candy, etc. Bulking will certainly be better than it's ever been and my overall well being and health will be great for my remaining years. The down side is I can't really enjoy "normal" food in a social setting.

Back to my first question, has this happened to any of you? Is it just a sensitivity to gluten? What exactly is my body doing? Thoughts. Anything will be helpful or insightful.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Has anybody here ever grown sensitive to "cheat foods" from dieting?

I've been dieting for a while now but have had a vacation in there and a couple scheduled cheat days. Yesterday was one so I'll share my experience. I ended up in the bathroom 4-5 times, it becomes a blur after 3 lets be honest, and each time not even an hour after said cheat meal. It either wants to come up, or go out. In yesterdays case it was go out. I also end up with stomach discomfort all day unless I eat something healthy. If I dare mention my vacation lets just say it was 10x worse.

Here's my typical DIET day foods:

- 1 Protein shake (breakfast) consisting of bananas, strawberries, skim milk, 2 scoops whey, 2 tbsp Natty PB
- Tilapia, and lots of it. It's my main source of protein
- Brown Rice Cakes, easier than rice
- cashews
- tuna

those items right there are my staple, but here are some other foods that make appearances once in a while if I get bored:

- egg whites
- salmon, flounder, & cod
- blueberries & apples

That's about it. I'm very strict, which I believe is the result of my digestive issues. The big picture of this is good, I suppose. Considering I've been known to really go all out when I'm not dieting with pizza, ribs, candy, etc. Bulking will certainly be better than it's ever been and my overall well being and health will be great for my remaining years. The down side is I can't really enjoy "normal" food in a social setting.

Back to my first question, has this happened to any of you? Is it just a sensitivity to gluten? What exactly is my body doing? Thoughts. Anything will be helpful or insightful.
Funny u say this as I've been carb cycling for over a year and the last few months my eyes get super dry, headache, ****zzzzz etc. I'm no expert but I think the body is rejecting the crap obviously but I'm not sure why my eyes get dry when I eat carbs and excess fats.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Whats your daily calorie intake? and why exactly are you limiting foods? how much fruit/ veges do you eat?

You start limiting foods and your body will grow to reject them as it may not produce enough enzymes to digest them effectively.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You could potentially get deficient in certain nutrients of you eat the same foods all the time and don't supplement with vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. If you don't add those supps than there could be an issue.

Xtweak05

Xtweak05

Awards
Whats your daily calorie intake? and why exactly are you limiting foods? how much fruit/ veges do you eat?

You start limiting foods and your body will grow to reject them as it may not produce enough enzymes to digest them effectively.
I'm eating 2500 calories a day currently. I eat plenty of broccoli I just neglected to type that. The only vitamin I've ever neglected through diet is vitamin A, thus why i eat broccoli. Everything else is at or above the daily recommended amount.

I eat two servings of fruit a day. I limit my foods because this is what I like while dieting and they're the easiest to eat and prepare. I can work long hours so the foods I choose must go down easy and fast.