1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43%

Question Looking for suggestions - Going from 240 to 205

Hey all,

From september to february I went from 307 lbs to 235 pounds by cutting calories, eating whey protein shakes a few times a day, and doing couch-to-5K. When couch to 5 k finished I continued with alternating run/swim 6 days a week, running 3 miles and swimming 1 mile of crawl stroke.

During the feb-april time frame while I was swimming I did notice that I got pretty ripped in the upper body, so I definitely saw some changes there in my chest and arms.

I've been at the same weight now (235-242) for three months and I'm looking to lose another 30 lbs and get down to 205-210.

I am three weeks into insanity now, and again I'm seeing more changes, looking more buff in my arms and this time my abdomen. But I still have a bit of a spare tire (maybe about a half inch of fat over my abs)

A friend of mine that is more versed in fitness recommended this site to me and also told me to add L-Glutamine to my diet, so I've been adding that to my shake that I drink around my insanity workout time. (I used to drink it after the workout but the L-Glutamine says drink an hour before so I've been doing that.)

He also said to try something called AKG because it gives you a boost for your workout, but I googled that and there's no solid studies as to whether that works or not.

I've heard to eat 1 gram of protein and 1 gram of carbs for every pound of body weight you want to be at - and then less fat than that. I'm looking for suggestions for diet and/or supplements and/or workout regimen. It's not really about the weight number - 205 or 210 or 235 even... I just want to get rid of my remaining gut and have abs. I'm willing to do the work obviously.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FYI I'm also taking a daily multivitamin, calcium, magnesium, and fish oil.

Thanks!

EDIT: My friend also suggested getting my hormone levels checked and possibly taking an estrogen blocker depending on my levels.

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Schlag96 View Post
    Hey all,

From september to february I went from 307 lbs to 235 pounds by cutting calories, eating whey protein shakes a few times a day, and doing couch-to-5K. When couch to 5 k finished I continued with alternating run/swim 6 days a week, running 3 miles and swimming 1 mile of crawl stroke.

During the feb-april time frame while I was swimming I did notice that I got pretty ripped in the upper body, so I definitely saw some changes there in my chest and arms.

I've been at the same weight now (235-242) for three months and I'm looking to lose another 30 lbs and get down to 205-210.

I am three weeks into insanity now, and again I'm seeing more changes, looking more buff in my arms and this time my abdomen. But I still have a bit of a spare tire (maybe about a half inch of fat over my abs)

A friend of mine that is more versed in fitness recommended this site to me and also told me to add L-Glutamine to my diet, so I've been adding that to my shake that I drink around my insanity workout time. (I used to drink it after the workout but the L-Glutamine says drink an hour before so I've been doing that.)

He also said to try something called AKG because it gives you a boost for your workout, but I googled that and there's no solid studies as to whether that works or not.

I've heard to eat 1 gram of protein and 1 gram of carbs for every pound of body weight you want to be at - and then less fat than that. I'm looking for suggestions for diet and/or supplements and/or workout regimen. It's not really about the weight number - 205 or 210 or 235 even... I just want to get rid of my remaining gut and have abs. I'm willing to do the work obviously.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

FYI I'm also taking a daily multivitamin, calcium, magnesium, and fish oil.

Thanks!

EDIT: My friend also suggested getting my hormone levels checked and possibly taking an estrogen blocker depending on my levels.
    My advice would be to research more.

Personally I'm a fan of carb cycling, lean gains, paleo type diets. You may want to research all three and see if any of them work for you. A million different supplement suggestions could be made. I'd suggest reading some stuff in the supplement forum and seeing what sounds like it would be good for you. A million different AI's and fat burners exist. Personally I'm a fan of Triazole and DCP, though I'm also enjoying my run of Alpha T 2 right now.

I would really look into low carb diets as they seem to work well for a lot of people. I have much more success with less carbs than when I eat them more often. You DEFINITELY need to be tracking your calories on fitday or a similar site. You need to be creating a calorie deficit (I shoot for a weekly deficit) to lose weight.

It may not be the perfect answer in a bottle, but what it really sounds like you need is a bit more knowledge.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT Suggestions
    By Pincushion in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 01:56 AM
  2. Any suggestions for me?
    By bubble boy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 10:57 AM
  3. PCT suggestions
    By lp700 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2