Starting diet looking for advice/critique

scottyscott

Awards
I am 28 years old 5'10 245lbs high body fat. I let myself go after college and I am nowhere near in shape anymore. My goal is to eventually get back down to 190lbs and maybe 12% bf.

Using the harris benedict forumula I calculated my maintence calories to be around 3100. I intend to take start by taking in 2200-2300 per day to begin and gauge my weight loss from there dropping calories as needed. My macros will be approx 250-300 grams protein (approx 1200 cals) 60 grams of fat (500-600 cals) and 100-120 grams of carbohydrate (approx 400 cals). I am an endomorph and I do know from past experience my body seems to respond to weightloss better when eating fairly low carbohydrates. I am not going to list all the meals and foods I'll be eating because i will be hitting my macros as I mentioned regardless. I will have meals every 3.5-4 hrs.

I intend to begin by doing the tred mill 3-5 days a week for 30mins. I will also be lifting weights 3-4 days per week. I am trying to ease back into this, hopefully 1-2 months into this I will be lifting 5 days per week.

I am just looking for some feedback, hopefully I am a fairly solid plan here but I welcome any advice.

Thanks

mdigregori

Awards
Your plan looks pretty good. Maybe you should think of lowering your protein intake slightly and increasing your carbs and fat a bit from good sources like green veggies and almonds

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
Your plan looks pretty good. Maybe you should think of lowering your protein intake slightly and increasing your carbs and fat a bit from good sources like green veggies and almonds
I agree but not slightly. Down to a gram per pound. People may say different but a lot of protien in whey get turned into glucose. Also try HIIT vs. plain cardio at 30mins. It's proven to burn fat faster then cardio and will keep burning the fat when regular constant intensity cardio falls flat and you hit plateaus.