Need some cutting insight fellas...

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Hey there, I'm calorie/carb cycling and I currently have 5 low days and two higher carb days. My problem is like clockwork, by the time I get to my dinner meal 530 600 pm I have the in controllable urge for salt, carbs (chips, crackers etc even after I eat my meal. The low carb days aren't that bad but the two days I eat more carbs are insane. If I don't take my food out of the kitchen I will most likely eat whatever crackers chips are laying around for my three year old son. I feel lethargic as hell, headache in the eyes mostly I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I think I'm not getting enough sleep as I train at 430am which means I'm up at 315-330 for a quick pre wo meal and I generally don't have a chance to go to bed much earlier than 930 pm. Can fatigue cause these cravings? The reason asking is cause I've been under the supervision of a trainer, but cannot afford his services at the moment. I am very carb sensitive. The previous cut we did I didn't really have this problem and I was getting around the same amount of sleep 6 hrs. Help please I value all your knowledge. I'm not very good at this on my own. Any other info needed just ask. Thanks.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can see fatigue playing a large factor with your cravings. You are tired and need energy. Your mind is telling you it needs carbs. Not getting enough of sleep also makes sense for the headaches behind the eyes.

I highly suggest trying to alter anything you can in order for you to get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep. 6 hours on a strict diet while training and a busy lifestyle simply is not enough.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
What types of carbs are you eating on your high carb days? I've experienced the type of headache you mention when carbing-up but it only happens when I take in something with a lot of sugar so you end up with a sugar rush that results in a headache. The sugary carbs also resulted in me feeling very hungry and just craving more and more sugary type food.

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
On non lifting days you can estimate about 30-40g of carbs. For me my source of carbs on those days is veggies and nuts. On lifting days I have my carb up routine. Oatmeal is a must as well as fruit, milk and then my Pre work out shake. 60 grams of carbs. My diet cycles carbs and I try to minimize fat during the pre and post workout feedings. When you are cutting try to keep it minimal.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I can see fatigue playing a large factor with your cravings. You are tired and need energy. Your mind is telling you it needs carbs. Not getting enough of sleep also makes sense for the headaches behind the eyes.

I highly suggest trying to alter anything you can in order for you to get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep. 6 hours on a strict diet while training and a busy lifestyle simply is not enough.
I figured as much, I am working on that but my options are limited having a three year old that I don't see all day until 8pm. Thanks for the response

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I eat the same stuff really, my starch carbs are brown rice and sweet potatoes, oatmeal and ezekiel bread. I eat a ton of veggies all day probly at least two cups with each meal. Veggies I eat are green beans asparagus spinach salad Brussel sprouts, bell peppers. So like for instance my low days look like this

330-345- pre wo shake Ezekiel bread
445-600- training immediate followed by post shake
630-645- meal 1 6egg white 1 whole egg 1/4 cup oats 1 piece of fruit coffee
9ish- 4oz meat 1.5 cups veggies
12ish-4oz meat 1.5 cups veggies 1/4 cup starch(usually rice)
3&6pm - same as 9am meal
830pm - casein shake or cottage cheese

^^^ these low days are fri,sat,sun, mon, tue

Weds only differs by having 1/2 cup of oats for bfast and my 9 am meal contains 1/4 c of starch along with 12pm meal

Thurs is 1/2c oats
Then my 9am and noon meals have a 1/2c starch instead of 1/4 c

My meats includes mostly chicken, tilapia, angus burger plain, flank steak, 93-7 lean ground beef

I try and eat mostly chicken on my high days if I have a fattier meat on those days I keep it away from my starch.

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Yes chicken is the best! Keep it up man diet loooks good

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
How much is Ezekial bread?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Thanks Trank I just get sick of chicken all the time ya know?! Bread is 1 slice

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
I hear you brother! Chicken gets old! I do love my steak however! And lucky for me my fiance cooks amazing food! Quite delightful!

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
You ever try bison? Very delicious! And isn't it a bit leaner than regular steak?

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Definitely give it a try! It's bomb!

Trank406

Trank406

Banned
Awards
Puts on the healthy pounds that we all want and crave haha for sure!