CARB-BACKLOADING FOR MASS & FAT LOSS

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Has anyone on here tried Carb-backloading yet?? It's a book by John Kiefer, and the basic idea is you backload carbs in the form of High glycemic high sugars post-workout and every meal after until bed... In the morning you wake up have nothing for 2 hours except coffee with coconut oil in it and heavy whipping cream... Then first couple meals pre-workout are lean protein and high healthy fats and zero carbs... I've been a bodybuilder for 15 years now.. I'm 30 5'7 207lbs and about 10% BF right now... I've tried every diet out there, I've been on this diet for 2 weeks and I see HUGE IMPROVEMENTS ALREADY... I'm gaining weight on the scale, and leaning up every morning when I look in the mirror... And my cost has been crazy... My post-workouts binges are on average 400grams of sugary cakes, ice cream, and cookies...Thank You Kiefer LIFE IS GREAT!!!! Piece Low-Carbs go FUK URSELF

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tomahawk is running a log now on it. Might wanna check it out. Looks interesting. I have done the UD 2.0. Sucked balls but it got me lean.

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
My post-workouts binges are on average 400grams of sugary cakes, ice cream, and cookies...Thank You Kiefer LIFE IS GREAT!!!! Piece Low-Carbs go FUK URSELF
really junk food? I have been listening to an interview with John Kiefer on Muscle and Fitness and he is saying goodbye to a lot of carbs altogether. oatmeal, apples a lot of fruits. I haven't read the book so maybe it gets more specific?
good to hear it is working for you, certainly seems to be a lot easier to live with vs. most diets. Very counter to what we have been told. How many weeks now, any more results?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
really junk food? I have been listening to an interview with John Kiefer on Muscle and Fitness and he is saying goodbye to a lot of carbs altogether. oatmeal, apples a lot of fruits. I haven't read the book so maybe it gets more specific?
good to hear it is working for you, certainly seems to be a lot easier to live with vs. most diets. Very counter to what we have been told. How many weeks now, any more results?
Supposedly, his site has a lot of info but the book breaks it down for you and helps you individualize it. His small study showed that post workout after following some form of depletion and going some time w/o carbs allowed his testers to use ANY carb source and not see lipogenesis, the "junk" food group got a better carb loading mainly because they were actually able to eat enough. I don't follow it (Being gluten intolerant... and just not liking sweets) but I know some do it with no problem.

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
A little more reasearch (and I may buy the ebook) clarifies that upon waking and leading up to your afternoon workout you should be eating more fiborous carbs, then post workout backload. He doesn't insist that eating junk food is the only way and gives an individual clean carb options also.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone on here tried Carb-backloading yet?? It's a book by John Kiefer, and the basic idea is you backload carbs in the form of High glycemic high sugars post-workout and every meal after until bed... In the morning you wake up have nothing for 2 hours except coffee with coconut oil in it and heavy whipping cream... Then first couple meals pre-workout are lean protein and high healthy fats and zero carbs... I've been a bodybuilder for 15 years now.. I'm 30 5'7 207lbs and about 10% BF right now... I've tried every diet out there, I've been on this diet for 2 weeks and I see HUGE IMPROVEMENTS ALREADY... I'm gaining weight on the scale, and leaning up every morning when I look in the mirror... And my cost has been crazy... My post-workouts binges are on average 400grams of sugary cakes, ice cream, and cookies...Thank You Kiefer LIFE IS GREAT!!!! Piece Low-Carbs go FUK URSELF
Good for you that your making progress. Too bad your attitude sucks.