CARB-BACKLOADING FOR MASS & FAT LOSS

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

CARB-BACKLOADING FOR MASS & FAT LOSS

Has anyone on here tried Carb-backloading yet?? It's a book by John Kiefer, and the basic idea is you backload carbs in the form of High glycemic high sugars post-workout and every meal after until bed... In the morning you wake up have nothing for 2 hours except coffee with coconut oil in it and heavy whipping cream... Then first couple meals pre-workout are lean protein and high healthy fats and zero carbs... I've been a bodybuilder for 15 years now.. I'm 30 5'7 207lbs and about 10% BF right now... I've tried every diet out there, I've been on this diet for 2 weeks and I see HUGE IMPROVEMENTS ALREADY... I'm gaining weight on the scale, and leaning up every morning when I look in the mirror... And my cost has been crazy... My post-workouts binges are on average 400grams of sugary cakes, ice cream, and cookies...Thank You Kiefer LIFE IS GREAT!!!! Piece Low-Carbs go FUK URSELF

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Tomahawk is running a log now on it. Might wanna check it out. Looks interesting. I have done the UD 2.0. Sucked balls but it got me lean.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

Quote Originally Posted by MooseLoRoose View Post
    My post-workouts binges are on average 400grams of sugary cakes, ice cream, and cookies...Thank You Kiefer LIFE IS GREAT!!!! Piece Low-Carbs go FUK URSELF
    really junk food? I have been listening to an interview with John Kiefer on Muscle and Fitness and he is saying goodbye to a lot of carbs altogether. oatmeal, apples a lot of fruits. I haven't read the book so maybe it gets more specific?
    good to hear it is working for you, certainly seems to be a lot easier to live with vs. most diets. Very counter to what we have been told. How many weeks now, any more results?
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    really junk food? I have been listening to an interview with John Kiefer on Muscle and Fitness and he is saying goodbye to a lot of carbs altogether. oatmeal, apples a lot of fruits. I haven't read the book so maybe it gets more specific?
    good to hear it is working for you, certainly seems to be a lot easier to live with vs. most diets. Very counter to what we have been told. How many weeks now, any more results?
    Supposedly, his site has a lot of info but the book breaks it down for you and helps you individualize it. His small study showed that post workout after following some form of depletion and going some time w/o carbs allowed his testers to use ANY carb source and not see lipogenesis, the "junk" food group got a better carb loading mainly because they were actually able to eat enough. I don't follow it (Being gluten intolerant... and just not liking sweets) but I know some do it with no problem.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

A little more reasearch (and I may buy the ebook) clarifies that upon waking and leading up to your afternoon workout you should be eating more fiborous carbs, then post workout backload. He doesn't insist that eating junk food is the only way and gives an individual clean carb options also.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.63%

Quote Originally Posted by MooseLoRoose View Post
    Has anyone on here tried Carb-backloading yet?? It's a book by John Kiefer, and the basic idea is you backload carbs in the form of High glycemic high sugars post-workout and every meal after until bed... In the morning you wake up have nothing for 2 hours except coffee with coconut oil in it and heavy whipping cream... Then first couple meals pre-workout are lean protein and high healthy fats and zero carbs... I've been a bodybuilder for 15 years now.. I'm 30 5'7 207lbs and about 10% BF right now... I've tried every diet out there, I've been on this diet for 2 weeks and I see HUGE IMPROVEMENTS ALREADY... I'm gaining weight on the scale, and leaning up every morning when I look in the mirror... And my cost has been crazy... My post-workouts binges are on average 400grams of sugary cakes, ice cream, and cookies...Thank You Kiefer LIFE IS GREAT!!!! Piece Low-Carbs go FUK URSELF
    Good for you that your making progress. Too bad your attitude sucks.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carb Backloading
    By pantherdude63 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 03:29 PM
  2. low carb, strength loss
    By wmarke1977 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 02:35 PM
  3. Help With Weight Loss/Carb Question
    By buck47 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 09:37 PM
  4. low carb + only cardio = bad strength loss?
    By waynaferd in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
  5. Is There A Magic Weight Loss Carb?
    By DarCSA in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 05:44 PM