Wake up in morning, look shredded...by midday look like bloated crap - AnabolicMinds.com

Wake up in morning, look shredded...by midday look like bloated crap

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Wake up in morning, look shredded...by midday look like bloated crap


    could this be a sign of lactose intolerance, some other food allergy or simply re hydration, ? I am cutting down. Went from 221 2 months ago to 206 first thing in the morning. By midday after post workout meal i'll be back to 216ish. My diet is good. 1900cals on lifting days (mon, wed, friday DC Training) with 50% carbs 30% protein and 20% fats. On non lifting cardio days (45 mins HIIT in afternoon before lunch) i am 1700 cals 50% protein 30% carbs from fibrous.
    supps are
    Oxy-Elite 2 x daily
    PES Erase 4 x daily
    Primal Male 6 x daily
    fish oil 6000mg daily
    flax oil 6000mg daily

  2. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    could this be a sign of lactose intolerance, some other food allergy or simply re hydration, ? I am cutting down. Went from 221 2 months ago to 206 first thing in the morning. By midday after post workout meal i'll be back to 216ish. My diet is good. 1900cals on lifting days (mon, wed, friday DC Training) with 50% carbs 30% protein and 20% fats. On non lifting cardio days (45 mins HIIT in afternoon before lunch) i am 1700 cals 50% protein 30% carbs from fibrous.
    supps are
    Oxy-Elite 2 x daily
    PES Erase 4 x daily
    Primal Male 6 x daily
    fish oil 6000mg daily
    flax oil 6000mg daily

    We get heavier as the day goes on, you weight yourself at night most likely you're gonna be even heavier, it's normal
    while we sleep the body gets rid of a lot of water, this is why you should weight yourself always at the same time of the day,
    and also not weight yourself everyday, weight shifts can be cause by several things and they are normal.
    Check your weight twice a week always at the same time (usually first thing)
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  3. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    i know about water weight and weight increasing throughout the day, makes sense. I guess i am wondering why i am holding / gaining so much water as the day progresses? I guess it also comes down to needing to loose more bf. So upon waking i might have to look as shredded as you are in your avatar pic to look as shredded as i want to be later in the day. BTW that is very impressive BF% on top of great mass. What % were you at in that shot?
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941542

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Below 9% starts getting very impressive it's also very hard and takes lots of discipline to get there (which is why it's impressive I guess lol)
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  5. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Below 9% starts getting very impressive it's also very hard and takes lots of discipline to get there (which is why it's impressive I guess lol)
    indeed, hard truth. I'm determined though. I already fit into the 98th percentile of physique for someone my age. That was all competing against myself, in terms of lack of willpower, strength, genetics age. Once you engage you -your own biggest competitor every once and a while you look around the workplace or even gym and realize how far you've come...the last few inches feel like the longest miles though. I'm going on vacation to Hawaii at the end of the month. I wont be happy looking impressive for a 45 year old guy, i want to be a damm impressive example of the male species while i'm at those beaches. So much work to do till then and beyond.
  6. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    i know about water weight and weight increasing throughout the day, makes sense. I guess i am wondering why i am holding / gaining so much water as the day progresses? I guess it also comes down to needing to loose more bf. So upon waking i might have to look as shredded as you are in your avatar pic to look as shredded as i want to be later in the day. BTW that is very impressive BF% on top of great mass. What % were you at in that shot?
    I'm at about 4%
    the way I look in there is temporary, it's a matter of water shift, vascularity (i happen to be very vascular, but it's not the same
    for everyone even given the same BF), it's such a fine line, regardless, to get to a BF that low is hard, very hard,
    but to stay that lean is much harder.
    As for your water retention, imho is normal, that's what I'm saying, plus the lower you get with your BF the more obvious
    any lil water shift becomes, see it as something normal or you'll end up like me, totally OCD and it won't do you any good.

    Anyway, once you go under a certain % (different for everyone) you need to trick your body into stay that lean or get leaner,
    hence diet alone will not suffice anymore, you can't keep lowering calories endlessly, at the same time you can only create
    the deficit thru training to a certain point, which is how much and how hard you can possibly train.
    Here is where a fat burner could help you, it's when you'll most likely benefit form it the most, and at the same time
    few product work when you start to get lean
    I've been running AAv2 for a week and I actually have to watch my weight because not only it makes
    me drier but it was actually making me drop weight (which I didn't want) despite my calorie intake was the same
    and even slightly higher.
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  7. New Member
    Clean Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    106

    Reputation

    50 % carbs might be doing you in. 2.2 grams or so of water per gram of carbohydrates so now your holding a heavier average. Bring your carbs closer to your protein and i bet your weight normalizes and gets much lower. watch out for quick carbs they are the devil and a saving grace i know they kick my ass if im not careful and bloat me faster than sodium. minimize your sodium intake by shaving off any processed stuff and watch your carbs no simple unless after a workout or during a workout and i will put money on it that you will have a leaner average through the day . also to be noted you can lose up to 5 lbs in your sleep depending on your metabolism and body type i know this from wrestling and watching a scale every day for 4 years . some casein protein at night also helps for steady losses in fat. slow and steady man. also on the lactose intolerant part, every human being is lactose intolerant to a degree humans are the only mammal that drinks another mammals milk and drink milk past early childhood. try almond milk and stay away from dairy and your physique will thank you also it is possible the lactose intolerance is bloating you do to excess gas. hope this helped !
    Limitations are shackles PAIN IS AWESOMENESS ENTERING MY MUSCLES !

    I'm not a doctor but I'll take a look
  8. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    awesome feedback from Auto and Clean. I have thought about going with less carbs. i was doing this previously to try and clean up my winter bulk but was feeling low on energy. It was bothering me and my lifts were down. I am not concerned with this now while i'm dieting down, and possibly not ever again as composition is more of a focus for me now. I will try cutting dairy. Again i had previously tried this but i only gave it a week so i'm guessing i should be looking for some longer term results. I'll take the diet advice and add the fat burner when i feel like i've hit a flat spot in progress, i have a bottle of RoxyLean waiting for that.
  9. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Machine View Post
    50 % carbs might be doing you in. 2.2 grams or so of water per gram of carbohydrates so now your holding a heavier average. Bring your carbs closer to your protein and i bet your weight normalizes and gets much lower. watch out for quick carbs they are the devil and a saving grace i know they kick my ass if im not careful and bloat me faster than sodium. minimize your sodium intake by shaving off any processed stuff and watch your carbs no simple unless after a workout or during a workout and i will put money on it that you will have a leaner average through the day . also to be noted you can lose up to 5 lbs in your sleep depending on your metabolism and body type i know this from wrestling and watching a scale every day for 4 years . some casein protein at night also helps for steady losses in fat. slow and steady man. also on the lactose intolerant part, every human being is lactose intolerant to a degree humans are the only mammal that drinks another mammals milk and drink milk past early childhood. try almond milk and stay away from dairy and your physique will thank you also it is possible the lactose intolerance is bloating you do to excess gas. hope this helped !
    I disagree with the two sentences in bold..
    Carb sources make no difference, but that is also very subjective..
    And sodium is very important and shouldn't be kept low, water intake should be kept high, and sodium as well,
    if anything, one should make sure it has enough potassium yes, but low sodium is a very bad advice imho.
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  10. New Member
    Clean Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    106

    Reputation

    low sodium not no sodium and simple carbs are the devil if not used properly but they are also the most craved by our bodies so moderating them is difficult so in essence they are the devil if your trying to hit your single digit lows. To elaborate try to hit slower digesting whole grain carbs at any other time than during or post workout and read into your sodium intake and form your own educated understanding. auto i respect your opinion but the parts you have in bold out of the context they are in make them not accurate and easy to disagree with.
    Limitations are shackles PAIN IS AWESOMENESS ENTERING MY MUSCLES !

    I'm not a doctor but I'll take a look
  11. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    clean i understood what you were saying. yes if you read the text only highlighted in bold they could easily be argued, it's never black and white as with most anything... or as so i am finding out. Sodium intake i think needs to also depend on your level of cardio and endurance exercises through out the day. I have friends who compete in triatholan and eat salted cashews, almonds all day and aren't bothered by it, say they need it. I figure i get plenty of sodium from natural sources. Although if i'm upping the cardio / hiit than i might find i need more also. Of course they aren't interested in physique so much either... and it shows in several cases :P
  12. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Machine View Post
    low sodium not no sodium and simple carbs are the devil if not used properly but they are also the most craved by our bodies so moderating them is difficult so in essence they are the devil if your trying to hit your single digit lows. To elaborate try to hit slower digesting whole grain carbs at any other time than during or post workout and read into your sodium intake and form your own educated understanding. auto i respect your opinion but the parts you have in bold out of the context they are in make them not accurate and easy to disagree with.
    They are not out of the context, you are saying simple carbs are the devil, well, I say carb source doesn't matter
    And I've been trying this on my own skin. I've been refeeding with simple carbs for almost three months now,
    I'm bigger and my BF is exactly the same that was before, which is 4%. Funny thing is, I've been trying to refeed
    using the so called clean carbs/slow digesting with very bad results.
    Also, you say carbs and sodium are the most craved by our bodies so difficult to moderate. This might be true for you,
    I hate salty food, and I hate 90% of carbs, I have and never had problems moderating them. Actually, I have to put salt in my
    bcaa in order to take in the right amount because otherwise I wouldn't be able to.
    Those are way to generic statements, and imho, wrong.
    Sodium is absolutely necessary, if you have problems with sodium is because your water intake is not enough,
    sodium is essential for muscle contraction and nutrients assimilation, and also to allow the body to actually get rid
    of water. Again, if your water intake is not enough that's when you have problems with sodium, but one's water intake
    should be high regardless.
    I'm not trying to convince you, just pointing out facts
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  13. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    I am willing to try whatever has worked for anybody else but i realize what works for one may not work for others. Auto you say you are pointing out the facts but you also point out what has been working for you and how it goes against the popular concept of clean slow carbs. Again i will try anything that has worked for others and i do not exclude the information you are laying down here. Something is obviously working for you. I don't know that i would want to go down to 4% but it would be a hell of an experiment. 6 maybe as low as i would want to go and not permanently.
  14. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    I am willing to try whatever has worked for anybody else but i realize what works for one may not work for others. Auto you say you are pointing out the facts but you also point out what has been working for you and how it goes against the popular concept of clean slow carbs. Again i will try anything that has worked for others and i do not exclude the information you are laying down here. Something is obviously working for you. I don't know that i would want to go down to 4% but it would be a hell of an experiment. 6 maybe as low as i would want to go and not permanently.
    I didn't come up with that myself, I was as surprised as the next guy because like many
    I was too stuck into the whole complex carbs thing. The one who ran that "experiment" is in my opinion
    one of the best guys at what he does (prep), I tried it myself and couldn't believe the results.
    So it might not work for everyone (what does?) but the popular concepts of slow carbs is at best highly misunderstood very often.
    Regardless, calorie intake is what counts the most, carb source and food choice in general doesn't make THAT much of a difference
    if you're in calorie deficit.
    Now the sodium thing, that's just plain wrong imho, but to each his own
    Research, experiment and pick whatever works the best for ya
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  15. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Regardless, calorie intake is what counts the most, carb source and food choice in general doesn't make THAT much of a difference
    if you're in calorie deficit.
    dealing with exactly that today... been sooo hungry and trying to resist.
  16. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    dealing with exactly that today... been sooo hungry and trying to resist.
    If hunger is your problem do you a favor and run AAv2, I've *never* tried anything
    that suppresses my appetite like this one, now I don't have problems with hunger,
    I can perfectly control myself, no problem, but I do warrior diet and after 20 hours
    fasting and hardcore training I at least look forward my first meal ya know?
    Well, in almost a week with it when it was time to eat I was wasting time doing something else,
    not feeling hungry at all, barely being able to finish my food (my calorie intake is very low 6 days a week so..)
    And if I needed more proof check this out, today was "suppose" to be my refeed day,
    I got in probably only 500 cals more than any other day lol and I'm perfectly fine
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  17. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335099

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    I disagree with the two sentences in bold..
    Carb sources make no difference, but that is also very subjective..
    And sodium is very important and shouldn't be kept low, water intake should be kept high, and sodium as well,
    if anything, one should make sure it has enough potassium yes, but low sodium is a very bad advice imho.
    This is very important.
    BUT, if ones diet has a moderate amount of carbs I don't think low sodium/high sodium is much of a problem so long as you don't fluctuate too much. I keep my sodium intake VERY low. I put no salt on anything I eat. I try to get magnesium, potassium, and calcium though. And have some kinda prop electrolyte blend in my pre workout or if I am taking anything that can be diuretic.

    On a low/no carb diet though sodium can help you retain some water to help push reps out.

    Just my 2cents.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  18. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    This is very important.
    BUT, if ones diet has a moderate amount of carbs I don't think low sodium/high sodium is much of a problem so long as you don't fluctuate too much. I keep my sodium intake VERY low. I put no salt on anything I eat. I try to get magnesium, potassium, and calcium though. And have some kinda prop electrolyte blend in my pre workout or if I am taking anything that can be diuretic.

    On a low/no carb diet though sodium can help you retain some water to help push reps out.

    Just my 2cents.

    that you know they're never enough for me
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  19. Senior Member
    LizKing531's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    1021196

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It would seem that, besides caloric intake, the key to this discussion is more water. The rest is personal preferences & minor details.

    I can see a major difference, & more importantly feel a big difference, based on getting enough water.
  20. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    If hunger is your problem do you a favor and run AAv2, I've *never* tried anything
    that suppresses my appetite like this one, now I don't have problems with hunger,
    ordered some today!
  21. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    ordered some today!

    You'll love it! Hit me up if you need help with dose and timing
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  22. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    You'll love it! Hit me up if you need help with dose and timing
    Cool Auto! Should be here in a few days. Currently running Oxy Elite. I have dropped fat on that before but it doens't do much to supress the appetite, not for me anyways.
  23. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    Cool Auto! Should be here in a few days. Currently running Oxy Elite. I have dropped fat on that before but it doens't do much to supress the appetite, not for me anyways.
    No problem, yeah back in the years when I was using 1,3 it wasn't doing anything for appetite suppression for me either.
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  24. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Wow fast delivery! So it says for cutting dose 2 to 3 capsules 2 to three times daily. You use after you eat? So after my morning no carb shake first dose 60 minutes after words? I guess i will have the appetite for breakfast but it will suppressed the rest of the day?
  25. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    Wow fast delivery! So it says for cutting dose 2 to 3 capsules 2 to three times daily. You use after you eat? So after my morning no carb shake first dose 60 minutes after words? I guess i will have the appetite for breakfast but it will suppressed the rest of the day?
    I have to take the first two doses empty stomach, not eating for several hours after (warrior diet)
    last dose I take premeal and it's my favorite. If i could I'd take all the doses premeal.
    For the appetite suppression, in my case after the first coupla days it stays like that, is not dose depending
    but it feels more like when it's in your system appetite is steady low
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  26. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    cool i'll try dosing pre meals. Right now i'm feeling some good amount of energy. I get nervous energy toe tapping pretty easily... hope i'm not annoying my office mate too much
  27. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    is the appetite suppression supposed to kick in on first doses? So far it hasn't done anything for that.
  28. New Member
    MooseLoRoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    1900cals on lifting days may be too low... This happened to me a month ago.. I wanted to drop BF fast for an upcoming trip to Vegas... So I dropped my Carbs low, bumped everything else. What I realized was I was actually accumulating more BF because my weight training was still the same intensity but I wasn't eating enough to keep up with it... When your not eating enough and training hard your body is catabolic and wasting muscle for energy, which in turn drops your metabolism... Best progress I made so far in my 15 years of diets and training and 5 years of bodybuilding has been the CBL Diet by John Kiefer... In the last 3 weeks since I started I went from 198 15% bodyfat to 207 now at 10%... I train 5 days a week Legs one day, Back & Chest one day, Shoulders Bi's & Tri's, then 2 days of H.I.I.T... But only for 15-20min. Plus a 5 min cool down. Doing 45min of H.I.I.T is way too long. Plus if you can perform 45min the intensity isn't high enough. 15-20min should feel like death if your doing it right.
  29. New Member
    MooseLoRoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Not to mention I've been counting Cals on and off for years and I hate it... Now on the CBL diet all I do is count Macros... Morning wake up 5:45 coffee with coconut oil... Get to the gym where I work as a trainer... 7am client then 8am client... At 9am eat 8oz. of grilled chicken 1/4 cup walnuts... Train 930,1030,1130 clients ... At 12 eat 8oz grilled chicken, 1/2 cup cashews, big bowl of steamed broccoli or asparagus... Train 1230 client... At 2pm mix 6 scoops of grape I.C.E Bcaas and 4 grams a Beta-Alanine... LIFT THE WORLD UP AND DOWN FOR AN HOUR... Down a PWO shake 30 grams of whey, 30 grams of Casein, 50 grams of Dextrose, 50 grams of Maltodextrin... 5pm eat 10oz of broiled flounder and 5 skinny cow brand flying saucers (skinny cow.cause there's no fat) PWO till bedtime just protein and carbs lil to no fat... 8pm 2 scoops of Casein and 4 packs of fig newtons... 1030 swallow ZMA, POWERFULL, & 1 scoop of ARGININE PYROGLUTAMATE with LYSINE... Fall asleep at 1045 GROW and wake up at 545 looking harder and vascular in the mirror than I did the day before... Mirror is all that matters, and how you feel... Scale means ****..
  30. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseLoRoose View Post
    1900cals on lifting days may be too low... This happened to me a month ago.. I wanted to drop BF fast for an upcoming trip to Vegas... So I dropped my Carbs low, bumped everything else. What I realized was I was actually accumulating more BF because my weight training was still the same intensity but I wasn't eating enough to keep up with it... When your not eating enough and training hard your body is catabolic and wasting muscle for energy, which in turn drops your metabolism... Best progress I made so far in my 15 years of diets and training and 5 years of bodybuilding has been the CBL Diet by John Kiefer... In the last 3 weeks since I started I went from 198 15% bodyfat to 207 now at 10%... I train 5 days a week Legs one day, Back & Chest one day, Shoulders Bi's & Tri's, then 2 days of H.I.I.T... But only for 15-20min. Plus a 5 min cool down. Doing 45min of H.I.I.T is way too long. Plus if you can perform 45min the intensity isn't high enough. 15-20min should feel like death if your doing it right.
    I have been trying this system since Friday. I went to the forum and listened to several interviews with Kiefer. Now mind you I haven't spent the $89.95 for the ebook. I feel I pretty much get the gist of it and my protocol is very close to what you have outlined here. I am not convinced however as I have been extremely sluggish and weak by the time I hit my 1:30pm workouts. Also the claims that you have went from 198lbs at 15% bf to 207lbs at 10% does nothing to legitimize this protocol any further, I mean c'mon especially for someone lifting as many years as you. I am no fool you are talking about gains that the best juice won't even give you. Anyways I think I am going drop that experiment for now and keep going the route I was on with slow burning carbs and a reduced calorie diet, HIIT and weights.
    thanks for introducing me to the CBL however I will try this again in the fall when I'm not worried about my fat creeping in again. Right now I will go a more conventional route, carbs in carbs out and keep eating clean.
    Thnx again
    Bat
  31. New Member
    MooseLoRoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Ok brother I hear you. I have no reason to make outrageous claims, Kiefer isn't paying me. It does sound a little skeptical but 9lbs isn't that unrealistic in 3 weeks considering wrestlers I train can lose 10lbs in a single night. I didn't say I've gained 9lbs of muscle, that my friend is outrageous. The reason is simple, I went from 50-100grams of carbs a day to somewhere around 500grams. The weight is coming from additional water. But its being store as glycogen that's why I'm dry and not bloated. It's not for everyone but give it a try in the fall it takes some time to get used to it, and learn what your body can or can't absorb.
  32. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    is the appetite suppression supposed to kick in on first doses? So far it hasn't done anything for that.

    For me it kicked in after 3/4 days at 2cps 3 times a day. How are you dosing it?
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  33. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    For me it kicked in after 3/4 days at 2cps 3 times a day. How are you dosing it?
    i am dosing exactly that. I'll keep you posted. As you may have noticed above i tried the carb back loading thing for a few days. I am going to drop that and go back to a more conventional approach for now. I will pick up carb back loading in the winter, when i'm not as concerned with gaining or (hopefully) loosing a few lbs of fat.
  34. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseLoRoose View Post
    Ok brother I hear you. I have no reason to make outrageous claims, Kiefer isn't paying me. It does sound a little skeptical but 9lbs isn't that unrealistic in 3 weeks considering wrestlers I train can lose 10lbs in a single night. I didn't say I've gained 9lbs of muscle, that my friend is outrageous. The reason is simple, I went from 50-100grams of carbs a day to somewhere around 500grams. The weight is coming from additional water. But its being store as glycogen that's why I'm dry and not bloated. It's not for everyone but give it a try in the fall it takes some time to get used to it, and learn what your body can or can't absorb.
    water, yes now that is more realistic. For myself however, i feel like i am holding way to much water by the end of the day. this manifests as bloat, specifically in the upper abdominals. last night after CBL i noticed this had come back again pretty significantly as compared to the previous week where i had cut out a lot of fast burning carbs but also dairy. When i go back to experimenting with CBL later in the year this is something i am going to have to be aware of and adjust amount of carbs and types when back loading.
    I would be interested in seeing your longer term experience with this, say after a few more months. Maybe you could start a progress thread here?
    thanks Moose, stay strong and lean.
  35. New Member
    grappler22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    244

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    Wow fast delivery! So it says for cutting dose 2 to 3 capsules 2 to three times daily. You use after you eat? So after my morning no carb shake first dose 60 minutes after words? I guess i will have the appetite for breakfast but it will suppressed the rest of the day?
    ^^^ This may be the culprit for your bloating issue. I sometimes have the same exact problem after my morning shake and seems to last a while. Check the ingredients in your no carb shake and maybe try something with a different ingredient panel. I sometimes have to skip my shake and just take a BCAA drink in the morning if I have an early grappling or Judo session. I just can't stand being bloated on the mat.
  36. New Member
    MooseLoRoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Yeah I'll def keep you posted. I also think the CBL could be working because I'm on a fairly new training split where I rotate Hypertrophy training weeks with reps in the 8-10 range only, 1.5-2min rest periods, and high volume in total number of reps. Then after 2 weeks it switches to really heavy reps in the 3-5 range only, 3-4 minute rest periods, and lower volume in total number of.reps.... It could be the combination is raising a better hormonal response... Who knows
  37. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by grappler22 View Post
    ^^^ This may be the culprit for your bloating issue. I sometimes have the same exact problem after my morning shake and seems to last a while. Check the ingredients in your no carb shake and maybe try something with a different ingredient panel. I sometimes have to skip my shake and just take a BCAA drink in the morning if I have an early grappling or Judo session. I just can't stand being bloated on the mat.
    I use two brands about time Whey Isolate and VPX Zero Carb SRO. the ingrediants are very similar but VPX uses Sucralean and about time uses Stevia. If i had to guess it would be the VPX, that's the culprit as Stevia is a natural sweetener.
  38. AK DoubleWide 47
    AutoKal47's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    40541

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    i am dosing exactly that. I'll keep you posted. As you may have noticed above i tried the carb back loading thing for a few days. I am going to drop that and go back to a more conventional approach for now. I will pick up carb back loading in the winter, when i'm not as concerned with gaining or (hopefully) loosing a few lbs of fat.
    That's a good idea, I'm not loading anymore now (at all but that's a different story lol)
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

  39. New Member
    BatCountry's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    48
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    88

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    That's a good idea, I'm not loading anymore now (at all but that's a different story lol)
    what makes it different, the journey to 4% BF that you went down to?
  40. New Member
    zaire2d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    18919

    Reputation

    too much flax


    Maybe you're getting too much phytostrogens from 6g of Flax Oil
    Code:
    Phytoestrogen Content (mcg/100g aprox. 4 ounces)
    
    Flax seed 379,380
    Soy beans    103,920
    Tofu    27,150.1
    Soy yogurt    10,275
    Sesame seed    8008.1
    Flax bread    7540
    Multigrain bread    4798.7
    Soy milk    2957.2
    Hummus    993
    
      Source:  www . totalityofbeing.com /FramelessPages/Articles/estrogeninfoods.html
    Besides that flax has secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG Lingan) that inhibit 5a-redutase (lower DHT) and increse SHBG production.

    Code:
    LinumLife modulates DHT via the following mechanisms:
    
    1) Increase of production of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG binds to the free testosterone in the blood stream, making it unavailable to be metabolized to DHT. 
    
    2) Inhibition of enzymatic pathways by which the body metabolizes testosterone to DHT. LinumLife affects the following pathways:
    * 5α reductase
    * 17β OHSD
    * Aromatase
    * Luteinizing hormone (LH)
    
    Source:  www . linumlife.com/health-benefits-p3725-en.html
     
    .
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 07:09 AM
  2. the bloated look
    By hli1022 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 06:37 PM
  3. the bloated look
    By hli1022 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 11:57 PM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 06:40 PM
  5. Androgenic morning wake-up issues...
    By Jergo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in