Wake up in morning, look shredded...by midday look like bloated crap

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
could this be a sign of lactose intolerance, some other food allergy or simply re hydration, ? I am cutting down. Went from 221 2 months ago to 206 first thing in the morning. By midday after post workout meal i'll be back to 216ish. My diet is good. 1900cals on lifting days (mon, wed, friday DC Training) with 50% carbs 30% protein and 20% fats. On non lifting cardio days (45 mins HIIT in afternoon before lunch) i am 1700 cals 50% protein 30% carbs from fibrous.
supps are
Oxy-Elite 2 x daily
PES Erase 4 x daily
Primal Male 6 x daily
fish oil 6000mg daily
flax oil 6000mg daily

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
could this be a sign of lactose intolerance, some other food allergy or simply re hydration, ? I am cutting down. Went from 221 2 months ago to 206 first thing in the morning. By midday after post workout meal i'll be back to 216ish. My diet is good. 1900cals on lifting days (mon, wed, friday DC Training) with 50% carbs 30% protein and 20% fats. On non lifting cardio days (45 mins HIIT in afternoon before lunch) i am 1700 cals 50% protein 30% carbs from fibrous.
supps are
Oxy-Elite 2 x daily
PES Erase 4 x daily
Primal Male 6 x daily
fish oil 6000mg daily
flax oil 6000mg daily

We get heavier as the day goes on, you weight yourself at night most likely you're gonna be even heavier, it's normal
while we sleep the body gets rid of a lot of water, this is why you should weight yourself always at the same time of the day,
and also not weight yourself everyday, weight shifts can be cause by several things and they are normal.
Check your weight twice a week always at the same time (usually first thing)

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
i know about water weight and weight increasing throughout the day, makes sense. I guess i am wondering why i am holding / gaining so much water as the day progresses? I guess it also comes down to needing to loose more bf. So upon waking i might have to look as shredded as you are in your avatar pic to look as shredded as i want to be later in the day. BTW that is very impressive BF% on top of great mass. What % were you at in that shot?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Below 9% starts getting very impressive it's also very hard and takes lots of discipline to get there (which is why it's impressive I guess lol)

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
Below 9% starts getting very impressive it's also very hard and takes lots of discipline to get there (which is why it's impressive I guess lol)
indeed, hard truth. I'm determined though. I already fit into the 98th percentile of physique for someone my age. That was all competing against myself, in terms of lack of willpower, strength, genetics age. Once you engage you -your own biggest competitor every once and a while you look around the workplace or even gym and realize how far you've come...the last few inches feel like the longest miles though. I'm going on vacation to Hawaii at the end of the month. I wont be happy looking impressive for a 45 year old guy, i want to be a damm impressive example of the male species while i'm at those beaches. So much work to do till then and beyond.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
i know about water weight and weight increasing throughout the day, makes sense. I guess i am wondering why i am holding / gaining so much water as the day progresses? I guess it also comes down to needing to loose more bf. So upon waking i might have to look as shredded as you are in your avatar pic to look as shredded as i want to be later in the day. BTW that is very impressive BF% on top of great mass. What % were you at in that shot?
I'm at about 4%
the way I look in there is temporary, it's a matter of water shift, vascularity (i happen to be very vascular, but it's not the same
for everyone even given the same BF), it's such a fine line, regardless, to get to a BF that low is hard, very hard,
but to stay that lean is much harder.
As for your water retention, imho is normal, that's what I'm saying, plus the lower you get with your BF the more obvious
any lil water shift becomes, see it as something normal or you'll end up like me, totally OCD and it won't do you any good.

Anyway, once you go under a certain % (different for everyone) you need to trick your body into stay that lean or get leaner,
hence diet alone will not suffice anymore, you can't keep lowering calories endlessly, at the same time you can only create
the deficit thru training to a certain point, which is how much and how hard you can possibly train.
Here is where a fat burner could help you, it's when you'll most likely benefit form it the most, and at the same time
few product work when you start to get lean
I've been running AAv2 for a week and I actually have to watch my weight because not only it makes
me drier but it was actually making me drop weight (which I didn't want) despite my calorie intake was the same
and even slightly higher.

Clean Machine

Clean Machine

Awards
50 % carbs might be doing you in. 2.2 grams or so of water per gram of carbohydrates so now your holding a heavier average. Bring your carbs closer to your protein and i bet your weight normalizes and gets much lower. watch out for quick carbs they are the devil and a saving grace i know they kick my ass if im not careful and bloat me faster than sodium. minimize your sodium intake by shaving off any processed stuff and watch your carbs no simple unless after a workout or during a workout and i will put money on it that you will have a leaner average through the day . also to be noted you can lose up to 5 lbs in your sleep depending on your metabolism and body type i know this from wrestling and watching a scale every day for 4 years . some casein protein at night also helps for steady losses in fat. slow and steady man. also on the lactose intolerant part, every human being is lactose intolerant to a degree humans are the only mammal that drinks another mammals milk and drink milk past early childhood. try almond milk and stay away from dairy and your physique will thank you also it is possible the lactose intolerance is bloating you do to excess gas. hope this helped !

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
awesome feedback from Auto and Clean. I have thought about going with less carbs. i was doing this previously to try and clean up my winter bulk but was feeling low on energy. It was bothering me and my lifts were down. I am not concerned with this now while i'm dieting down, and possibly not ever again as composition is more of a focus for me now. I will try cutting dairy. Again i had previously tried this but i only gave it a week so i'm guessing i should be looking for some longer term results. I'll take the diet advice and add the fat burner when i feel like i've hit a flat spot in progress, i have a bottle of RoxyLean waiting for that.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
50 % carbs might be doing you in. 2.2 grams or so of water per gram of carbohydrates so now your holding a heavier average. Bring your carbs closer to your protein and i bet your weight normalizes and gets much lower. watch out for quick carbs they are the devil and a saving grace i know they kick my ass if im not careful and bloat me faster than sodium. minimize your sodium intake by shaving off any processed stuff and watch your carbs no simple unless after a workout or during a workout and i will put money on it that you will have a leaner average through the day . also to be noted you can lose up to 5 lbs in your sleep depending on your metabolism and body type i know this from wrestling and watching a scale every day for 4 years . some casein protein at night also helps for steady losses in fat. slow and steady man. also on the lactose intolerant part, every human being is lactose intolerant to a degree humans are the only mammal that drinks another mammals milk and drink milk past early childhood. try almond milk and stay away from dairy and your physique will thank you also it is possible the lactose intolerance is bloating you do to excess gas. hope this helped !
I disagree with the two sentences in bold..
Carb sources make no difference, but that is also very subjective..
And sodium is very important and shouldn't be kept low, water intake should be kept high, and sodium as well,
if anything, one should make sure it has enough potassium yes, but low sodium is a very bad advice imho.

Clean Machine

Clean Machine

Awards
Aaa

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
clean i understood what you were saying. yes if you read the text only highlighted in bold they could easily be argued, it's never black and white as with most anything... or as so i am finding out. Sodium intake i think needs to also depend on your level of cardio and endurance exercises through out the day. I have friends who compete in triatholan and eat salted cashews, almonds all day and aren't bothered by it, say they need it. I figure i get plenty of sodium from natural sources. Although if i'm upping the cardio / hiit than i might find i need more also. Of course they aren't interested in physique so much either... and it shows in several cases :p

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
low sodium not no sodium and simple carbs are the devil if not used properly but they are also the most craved by our bodies so moderating them is difficult so in essence they are the devil if your trying to hit your single digit lows. To elaborate try to hit slower digesting whole grain carbs at any other time than during or post workout and read into your sodium intake and form your own educated understanding. auto i respect your opinion but the parts you have in bold out of the context they are in make them not accurate and easy to disagree with.
They are not out of the context, you are saying simple carbs are the devil, well, I say carb source doesn't matter
And I've been trying this on my own skin. I've been refeeding with simple carbs for almost three months now,
I'm bigger and my BF is exactly the same that was before, which is 4%. Funny thing is, I've been trying to refeed
using the so called clean carbs/slow digesting with very bad results.
Also, you say carbs and sodium are the most craved by our bodies so difficult to moderate. This might be true for you,
I hate salty food, and I hate 90% of carbs, I have and never had problems moderating them. Actually, I have to put salt in my
bcaa in order to take in the right amount because otherwise I wouldn't be able to.
Those are way to generic statements, and imho, wrong.
Sodium is absolutely necessary, if you have problems with sodium is because your water intake is not enough,
sodium is essential for muscle contraction and nutrients assimilation, and also to allow the body to actually get rid
of water. Again, if your water intake is not enough that's when you have problems with sodium, but one's water intake
should be high regardless.
I'm not trying to convince you, just pointing out facts

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
I am willing to try whatever has worked for anybody else but i realize what works for one may not work for others. Auto you say you are pointing out the facts but you also point out what has been working for you and how it goes against the popular concept of clean slow carbs. Again i will try anything that has worked for others and i do not exclude the information you are laying down here. Something is obviously working for you. I don't know that i would want to go down to 4% but it would be a hell of an experiment. 6 maybe as low as i would want to go and not permanently.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I am willing to try whatever has worked for anybody else but i realize what works for one may not work for others. Auto you say you are pointing out the facts but you also point out what has been working for you and how it goes against the popular concept of clean slow carbs. Again i will try anything that has worked for others and i do not exclude the information you are laying down here. Something is obviously working for you. I don't know that i would want to go down to 4% but it would be a hell of an experiment. 6 maybe as low as i would want to go and not permanently.
I didn't come up with that myself, I was as surprised as the next guy because like many
I was too stuck into the whole complex carbs thing. The one who ran that "experiment" is in my opinion
one of the best guys at what he does (prep), I tried it myself and couldn't believe the results.
So it might not work for everyone (what does?) but the popular concepts of slow carbs is at best highly misunderstood very often.
Regardless, calorie intake is what counts the most, carb source and food choice in general doesn't make THAT much of a difference
if you're in calorie deficit.
Now the sodium thing, that's just plain wrong imho, but to each his own
Research, experiment and pick whatever works the best for ya

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
Regardless, calorie intake is what counts the most, carb source and food choice in general doesn't make THAT much of a difference
if you're in calorie deficit.
dealing with exactly that today... been sooo hungry and trying to resist.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
dealing with exactly that today... been sooo hungry and trying to resist.
If hunger is your problem do you a favor and run AAv2, I've *never* tried anything
that suppresses my appetite like this one, now I don't have problems with hunger,
I can perfectly control myself, no problem, but I do warrior diet and after 20 hours
fasting and hardcore training I at least look forward my first meal ya know?
Well, in almost a week with it when it was time to eat I was wasting time doing something else,
not feeling hungry at all, barely being able to finish my food (my calorie intake is very low 6 days a week so..)
And if I needed more proof check this out, today was "suppose" to be my refeed day,
I got in probably only 500 cals more than any other day lol and I'm perfectly fine

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I disagree with the two sentences in bold..
Carb sources make no difference, but that is also very subjective..
And sodium is very important and shouldn't be kept low, water intake should be kept high, and sodium as well,
if anything, one should make sure it has enough potassium yes, but low sodium is a very bad advice imho.
This is very important.
BUT, if ones diet has a moderate amount of carbs I don't think low sodium/high sodium is much of a problem so long as you don't fluctuate too much. I keep my sodium intake VERY low. I put no salt on anything I eat. I try to get magnesium, potassium, and calcium though. And have some kinda prop electrolyte blend in my pre workout or if I am taking anything that can be diuretic.

On a low/no carb diet though sodium can help you retain some water to help push reps out.

Just my 2cents.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
This is very important.
BUT, if ones diet has a moderate amount of carbs I don't think low sodium/high sodium is much of a problem so long as you don't fluctuate too much. I keep my sodium intake VERY low. I put no salt on anything I eat. I try to get magnesium, potassium, and calcium though. And have some kinda prop electrolyte blend in my pre workout or if I am taking anything that can be diuretic.

On a low/no carb diet though sodium can help you retain some water to help push reps out.

Just my 2cents.

that :) you know they're never enough for me

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
It would seem that, besides caloric intake, the key to this discussion is more water. The rest is personal preferences & minor details.

I can see a major difference, & more importantly feel a big difference, based on getting enough water.

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
If hunger is your problem do you a favor and run AAv2, I've *never* tried anything
that suppresses my appetite like this one, now I don't have problems with hunger,
ordered some today!

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
You'll love it! Hit me up if you need help with dose and timing ;)
Cool Auto! Should be here in a few days. Currently running Oxy Elite. I have dropped fat on that before but it doens't do much to supress the appetite, not for me anyways.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Cool Auto! Should be here in a few days. Currently running Oxy Elite. I have dropped fat on that before but it doens't do much to supress the appetite, not for me anyways.
No problem, yeah back in the years when I was using 1,3 it wasn't doing anything for appetite suppression for me either.

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
Wow fast delivery! So it says for cutting dose 2 to 3 capsules 2 to three times daily. You use after you eat? So after my morning no carb shake first dose 60 minutes after words? I guess i will have the appetite for breakfast but it will suppressed the rest of the day?

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Wow fast delivery! So it says for cutting dose 2 to 3 capsules 2 to three times daily. You use after you eat? So after my morning no carb shake first dose 60 minutes after words? I guess i will have the appetite for breakfast but it will suppressed the rest of the day?
I have to take the first two doses empty stomach, not eating for several hours after (warrior diet)
last dose I take premeal and it's my favorite. If i could I'd take all the doses premeal.
For the appetite suppression, in my case after the first coupla days it stays like that, is not dose depending
but it feels more like when it's in your system appetite is steady low

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
cool i'll try dosing pre meals. Right now i'm feeling some good amount of energy. I get nervous energy toe tapping pretty easily... hope i'm not annoying my office mate too much

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
is the appetite suppression supposed to kick in on first doses? So far it hasn't done anything for that.

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
1900cals on lifting days may be too low... This happened to me a month ago.. I wanted to drop BF fast for an upcoming trip to Vegas... So I dropped my Carbs low, bumped everything else. What I realized was I was actually accumulating more BF because my weight training was still the same intensity but I wasn't eating enough to keep up with it... When your not eating enough and training hard your body is catabolic and wasting muscle for energy, which in turn drops your metabolism... Best progress I made so far in my 15 years of diets and training and 5 years of bodybuilding has been the CBL Diet by John Kiefer... In the last 3 weeks since I started I went from 198 15% bodyfat to 207 now at 10%... I train 5 days a week Legs one day, Back & Chest one day, Shoulders Bi's & Tri's, then 2 days of H.I.I.T... But only for 15-20min. Plus a 5 min cool down. Doing 45min of H.I.I.T is way too long. Plus if you can perform 45min the intensity isn't high enough. 15-20min should feel like death if your doing it right.

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Not to mention I've been counting Cals on and off for years and I hate it... Now on the CBL diet all I do is count Macros... Morning wake up 5:45 coffee with coconut oil... Get to the gym where I work as a trainer... 7am client then 8am client... At 9am eat 8oz. of grilled chicken 1/4 cup walnuts... Train 930,1030,1130 clients ... At 12 eat 8oz grilled chicken, 1/2 cup cashews, big bowl of steamed broccoli or asparagus... Train 1230 client... At 2pm mix 6 scoops of grape I.C.E Bcaas and 4 grams a Beta-Alanine... LIFT THE WORLD UP AND DOWN FOR AN HOUR... Down a PWO shake 30 grams of whey, 30 grams of Casein, 50 grams of Dextrose, 50 grams of Maltodextrin... 5pm eat 10oz of broiled flounder and 5 skinny cow brand flying saucers (skinny cow.cause there's no fat) PWO till bedtime just protein and carbs lil to no fat... 8pm 2 scoops of Casein and 4 packs of fig newtons... 1030 swallow ZMA, POWERFULL, & 1 scoop of ARGININE PYROGLUTAMATE with LYSINE... Fall asleep at 1045 GROW and wake up at 545 looking harder and vascular in the mirror than I did the day before... Mirror is all that matters, and how you feel... Scale means ****..

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
1900cals on lifting days may be too low... This happened to me a month ago.. I wanted to drop BF fast for an upcoming trip to Vegas... So I dropped my Carbs low, bumped everything else. What I realized was I was actually accumulating more BF because my weight training was still the same intensity but I wasn't eating enough to keep up with it... When your not eating enough and training hard your body is catabolic and wasting muscle for energy, which in turn drops your metabolism... Best progress I made so far in my 15 years of diets and training and 5 years of bodybuilding has been the CBL Diet by John Kiefer... In the last 3 weeks since I started I went from 198 15% bodyfat to 207 now at 10%... I train 5 days a week Legs one day, Back & Chest one day, Shoulders Bi's & Tri's, then 2 days of H.I.I.T... But only for 15-20min. Plus a 5 min cool down. Doing 45min of H.I.I.T is way too long. Plus if you can perform 45min the intensity isn't high enough. 15-20min should feel like death if your doing it right.
I have been trying this system since Friday. I went to the forum and listened to several interviews with Kiefer. Now mind you I haven't spent the $89.95 for the ebook. I feel I pretty much get the gist of it and my protocol is very close to what you have outlined here. I am not convinced however as I have been extremely sluggish and weak by the time I hit my 1:30pm workouts. Also the claims that you have went from 198lbs at 15% bf to 207lbs at 10% does nothing to legitimize this protocol any further, I mean c'mon especially for someone lifting as many years as you. I am no fool you are talking about gains that the best juice won't even give you. Anyways I think I am going drop that experiment for now and keep going the route I was on with slow burning carbs and a reduced calorie diet, HIIT and weights.
thanks for introducing me to the CBL however I will try this again in the fall when I'm not worried about my fat creeping in again. Right now I will go a more conventional route, carbs in carbs out and keep eating clean.
Thnx again
Bat

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Ok brother I hear you. I have no reason to make outrageous claims, Kiefer isn't paying me. It does sound a little skeptical but 9lbs isn't that unrealistic in 3 weeks considering wrestlers I train can lose 10lbs in a single night. I didn't say I've gained 9lbs of muscle, that my friend is outrageous. The reason is simple, I went from 50-100grams of carbs a day to somewhere around 500grams. The weight is coming from additional water. But its being store as glycogen that's why I'm dry and not bloated. It's not for everyone but give it a try in the fall it takes some time to get used to it, and learn what your body can or can't absorb.

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
For me it kicked in after 3/4 days at 2cps 3 times a day. How are you dosing it?
i am dosing exactly that. I'll keep you posted. As you may have noticed above i tried the carb back loading thing for a few days. I am going to drop that and go back to a more conventional approach for now. I will pick up carb back loading in the winter, when i'm not as concerned with gaining or (hopefully) loosing a few lbs of fat.

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
Ok brother I hear you. I have no reason to make outrageous claims, Kiefer isn't paying me. It does sound a little skeptical but 9lbs isn't that unrealistic in 3 weeks considering wrestlers I train can lose 10lbs in a single night. I didn't say I've gained 9lbs of muscle, that my friend is outrageous. The reason is simple, I went from 50-100grams of carbs a day to somewhere around 500grams. The weight is coming from additional water. But its being store as glycogen that's why I'm dry and not bloated. It's not for everyone but give it a try in the fall it takes some time to get used to it, and learn what your body can or can't absorb.
water, yes now that is more realistic. For myself however, i feel like i am holding way to much water by the end of the day. this manifests as bloat, specifically in the upper abdominals. last night after CBL i noticed this had come back again pretty significantly as compared to the previous week where i had cut out a lot of fast burning carbs but also dairy. When i go back to experimenting with CBL later in the year this is something i am going to have to be aware of and adjust amount of carbs and types when back loading.
I would be interested in seeing your longer term experience with this, say after a few more months. Maybe you could start a progress thread here?
thanks Moose, stay strong and lean.

grappler22

grappler22

Awards
^^^ This may be the culprit for your bloating issue. I sometimes have the same exact problem after my morning shake and seems to last a while. Check the ingredients in your no carb shake and maybe try something with a different ingredient panel. I sometimes have to skip my shake and just take a BCAA drink in the morning if I have an early grappling or Judo session. I just can't stand being bloated on the mat.

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Yeah I'll def keep you posted. I also think the CBL could be working because I'm on a fairly new training split where I rotate Hypertrophy training weeks with reps in the 8-10 range only, 1.5-2min rest periods, and high volume in total number of reps. Then after 2 weeks it switches to really heavy reps in the 3-5 range only, 3-4 minute rest periods, and lower volume in total number of.reps.... It could be the combination is raising a better hormonal response... Who knows

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
^^^ This may be the culprit for your bloating issue. I sometimes have the same exact problem after my morning shake and seems to last a while. Check the ingredients in your no carb shake and maybe try something with a different ingredient panel. I sometimes have to skip my shake and just take a BCAA drink in the morning if I have an early grappling or Judo session. I just can't stand being bloated on the mat.
I use two brands about time Whey Isolate and VPX Zero Carb SRO. the ingrediants are very similar but VPX uses Sucralean and about time uses Stevia. If i had to guess it would be the VPX, that's the culprit as Stevia is a natural sweetener.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
i am dosing exactly that. I'll keep you posted. As you may have noticed above i tried the carb back loading thing for a few days. I am going to drop that and go back to a more conventional approach for now. I will pick up carb back loading in the winter, when i'm not as concerned with gaining or (hopefully) loosing a few lbs of fat.
That's a good idea, I'm not loading anymore now (at all but that's a different story lol)

zaire2d

Awards
too much flax

Maybe you're getting too much phytostrogens from 6g of Flax Oil
Code:
Phytoestrogen Content (mcg/100g aprox. 4 ounces)

Flax seed 379,380
Soy beans    103,920
Tofu    27,150.1
Soy yogurt    10,275
Sesame seed    8008.1
Flax bread    7540
Multigrain bread    4798.7
Soy milk    2957.2
Hummus    993

Source:  www . totalityofbeing.com /FramelessPages/Articles/estrogeninfoods.html
Besides that flax has secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG Lingan) that inhibit 5a-redutase (lower DHT) and increse SHBG production.

Code:
LinumLife modulates DHT via the following mechanisms:

1) Increase of production of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG binds to the free testosterone in the blood stream, making it unavailable to be metabolized to DHT. 

2) Inhibition of enzymatic pathways by which the body metabolizes testosterone to DHT. LinumLife affects the following pathways:
* 5α reductase
* 17β OHSD
* Aromatase
* Luteinizing hormone (LH)

Source:  www . linumlife.com/health-benefits-p3725-en.html

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
wow zaire that is interesting... or should i say that sucks, never knew flax had a higher level of Phytos than even soy. Guess i'll stick with fish oil. thanks for that info!

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
what makes it different, the journey to 4% BF that you went down to?
My body apparently lost the capacity of digesting carbs, we're talking any kind, anything more than
50gr in one day. I'm not missing them, actually I feel much better without them since
they were causing me unbearable stomach cramps lately.

BatCountry

BatCountry

Awards
Interesting, could it have to do with digestive issues? I have problems absorbing protien so I take Betatine HCI along with pro-biotics. Maybe that would help you also? Of course if you like this and see it as a benifit then why change anything.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Interesting, could it have to do with digestive issues? I have problems absorbing protien so I take Betatine HCI along with pro-biotics. Maybe that would help you also? Of course if you like this and see it as a benifit then why change anything.
Sort of, I'm quoting myself from another thread in which we are currently talking about this specifically:

my body stopped producing the enzyme(s) needed to digest carbs.
Since enzymes are expensive to produce for the body and it would make sense it stopped
producing sucrase for example, if is not needed.

[..] the problem is in the stomach digestion: assuming the pH of my stomach
became very acid this would cause the destruction of the enzyme responsible for carb digestion
[..] the offending food will cause discomfort and such until it leaves the stomach to go into the small intestine