Healthy eating?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.57%

Healthy eating?

Can somebody give me a daily diet plan to lose my excess belly fat. I'm new at trying to eat healthy. I'm trying cardio but without eating healthy, it just ain't working.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.69%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Dude your blowing AM up with threads....find your BMR and eat 500-750 calories above that and do some research on macros maybe just try the general 40/40/20 (c/p/f) or google carb cycling or try IF lean gains
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  3. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Dude your blowing AM up with threads....find your BMR and eat 500-750 calories above that and do some research on macros maybe just try the general 40/40/20 (c/p/f) or google carb cycling or try IF lean gains
    I believe he means below.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.57%

I was wondering above would be a lot of calories, but I don't know, I'm new at this. I have a calorie counter on my iPad, I put in my body weight and it figured up like, 2000 calories a day.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%

Quote Originally Posted by karmasmile View Post
    I was wondering above would be a lot of calories, but I don't know, I'm new at this. I have a calorie counter on my iPad, I put in my body weight and it figured up like, 2000 calories a day.
    I believe I gave you a good guideline for beginners in another post :3 , no problem here comes some more knowledge:

First, the way to loose fat is simple and dominated by the energy principles of Calories, in summary without science so its easy to get , you have a standard number of Calories your body needs to survive and exist a day without gaining or losing wait, this is known (with just its standard calculation) as COMA Calories or BMR , coma because if you were to fall into a coma , this would be the calories that would keep your body alive without altering weight. Find a calculator online , theres many , if not here's the formula:

English BMR Formula
    Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 6.23 x weight in pounds ) + ( 12.7 x height in inches ) - ( 6.8 x age in year )

Metric BMR Formula
    Women: BMR = 655 + ( 9.6 x weight in kilos ) + ( 1.8 x height in cm ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )
    Men: BMR = 66 + ( 13.7 x weight in kilos ) + ( 5 x height in cm ) - ( 6.8 x age in years )

Now that gives us a starting point , the activity calculators are not gonna really be in need for a beginner since you dont know how many calories you are actually burning up and usually in a well done cardio session around 300+ , so lets just say you get your bmr and aim at it dayly. Thus calorical deficit will be created by excercise and you wont be eating more than you need, if your only and main concern is fat loss this should be ideal.

Healthy eating:
    Base your diet of higher Protein intake, why? Because unlike Carbs Protein doesnt cause (or causes a lesser) Insulin spike, take my word for it or actually do some research. Besides 1 gram of protein can be said to be 4 kCals or 3.2 in recent debate.

Keep complex carbs in your diet since also they have a low GI and cause lower insulin spikes! And give longer lasting energy.

Keep fats in , but preferrably in controlled amounts and along the lines of Sat Fat , Poly Sat fat , Mono Sat Fat. Remember 1 gram of fat = 9 kCal , since they are so calorically dense , try to eat leaner sources of protein and carbohydrates to be able to maintain lower calories every day.

Now for dieting , you can either go with Carb Cycling , IF (Intermitent fasting, takes a lot of willpower when you are new to dieting...idk if you would like it) or a Keto genic diet , are easier to follow along for a beginner.

Easy read on Carb Cycling and mainly a generic version of it:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

For Higher intensity read Lyle McDonald ultimate 2.0 diet.

Now for IF , theres many types, ADF, LG, etc.:

Heres the info on Lean Gains:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

How to set up the diet Macronutrients:

http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-...ngains-macros/

and finally FAQ if you didnt get any of the above:

http://examine.com/leangains-faq/

Please conduct your research, take care of it and ask more in depth questions , we are here to help (some of us) , but mainly you gotta do this , its your body, take control of it!! If anything else I might have missed I'm sure the guys will pitch in with more info or smack me if I missed something obvious ;p!!
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.57%

Thank you, this gives me a lot to work with.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%

No problem , just research , build , track and correct , thats the only way to actually get to know your body and make a solid plan , it takes time!! And when in doubt , ask...after doing your hw of course !
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.16%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

the best way is to calculate tdee....and adjust accordingly
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    the best way is to calculate tdee....and adjust accordingly
    Agreed :3!!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.16%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

list your stats and training regime and i will help you calculate, you can go from there
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    list your stats and training regime and i will help you calculate, you can go from there
    This:
    My w/o routine

I tried to point him towards some basic plans to start off :/ but yeah...he hasnt given any stats...and I am kinda leaning towards under 21 (he made another thread asking about PH usage and it was just his second thread)
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.57%

I'm not sure what PH is but if your talking about the anadrol I asked about, I asked if it was bad for you, because someone gave me some, about a year ago, and I tried it for about a month and it had some really adverse side affects. I was just wondering if I did any kind of damage from using it. I'm 27, I'm just new to all of this, I just really want to put on size and get healthy at the same time.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.9%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

Dude. None of this is hard. Eat less, and if you don't lose any weight, it's because you're still eating too much... You know what the answer is in that case? Eat even less!

Now. As far as food choices go, you can't really go wrong with the following:

• starchy carbs: rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes
    • fibrous carbs: pinto beans, black beans, other beans
    • veggies: broccoli, spinach, asparagus, anything else that's green
    • protein: chicken breasts, beef, turkey, pork, fish
    • fats: avocados, olive oil, olive/canola oil blends, coconut oil, peanut butter
    • flavor enhancers: limes, lemons, garlic, sea salt, seasoning blends
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%

Quote Originally Posted by karmasmile View Post
    I'm not sure what PH is but if your talking about the anadrol I asked about, I asked if it was bad for you, because someone gave me some, about a year ago, and I tried it for about a month and it had some really adverse side affects. I was just wondering if I did any kind of damage from using it. I'm 27, I'm just new to all of this, I just really want to put on size and get healthy at the same time.
    You wanna put up size or cut? One or the other haha , if not you are gonna have to do A LOT of research to put up a solid recomp and actually get good results from it.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

You wanna put up size or cut? One or the other haha , if not you are gonna have to do A LOT of research to put up a solid recomp and actually get good results from it.
    Okay, put on size is more important to me right now, I just want to keep my stomach down, it seems like since I've started with the protein shakes twice daily, that I've been putting on a belly. I'm having arm gains but not like I feel like I should for how hard I'm working
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%

Like i said before , Healthier , cleaner, and leaner dieting will help on that , paired with cardio. Do look into the many links I have given you, diets and workouts. It should be all you need to start up on this. (On a side note , check how many calories and carbs your Muscle Milk has and you will now know why you are getting extra belly fat...)
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.57%

Ok I will start on your links tonight, and start trying to apply them this coming week.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 11:34 PM