stimulating appetite

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Well i've been bulking for about 4 weeks now naturally and its been going well i'm up from 184 to 190 and from about 8% to 9-10% bf i'm taking in ~4000 cals a day the problem is this past week or so my appetite just isn't there initially it was tough but i got through meals just fine now i'm literally force feeding myself to the point where i have to take breaks so i don't throw up i don't know why this is the case but does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can increase my appetite?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
B vitamins, also, there is an anti-depressant drug called Remeron that stimulates my app. like nothing else can. Really amazing. Cold weather cardio, or swimming makes me hungry too. Not to mention sex. I usually live on shakes when I'm not hungry.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
B vitamins eh? i'll have to pic up some of those as for pot i hope you were kidding .... it's been shown to lower test levels not to mention the things i've seen it do to former friends who smoke everyday ...

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hehe, well I won't get into politics here but we'll have to agree to disagree on that :)

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been supplementing with 100mg of DHEA the last 4 weeks,I gained 4 lbs of lean mass and also my appetite is way up...Could be in my head maybe, but my weight and appetite have been so consistent as of late,that any changes in diet or supplements I notice....

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
what politics hypo? i think pot should be legal what people do to their own body is their own busines but pot has been shown to lower test levels and increase estrogen ... i'm not sure what there is to debate about that

A

AdrenalineRush1

Awards
i really wish i had this "problem" i eat 4500 calories a day , and i feel i am constantly limiting myself cause im always hungry but i dont want to gain too much fat.... its crazy how different we all are

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
i really wish i had this "problem" i eat 4500 calories a day , and i feel i am constantly limiting myself cause im always hungry but i dont want to gain too much fat.... its crazy how different we all are
Yeah, your right. It's a trip how two people with very similar goals and approaches can have such diffenent results. Try a CNS stimulate like Adipex or Dexadrine. Very effective.

T

tommyboy

Awards
hey Dr. D where can you get an anti depresant like that do you need a prescription???? or what

Yeah, your right. It's a trip how two people with very similar goals and approaches can have such diffenent results. Try a CNS stimulate like Adipex or Dexadrine. Very effective.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well, I was just making a joke in my original post, but pot does work well for stimulating the appetite. If you possess the control to eat properly when stoned I think you could easily cram down 1500 calories in chicken breast and rice without even getting full :)

I just wish the government wouldn't be so unnecessarily protective of it. If reasonable research were allowed on it maybe we could isolate such beneficial aspects like the appetite increase...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
hey Dr. D where can you get an anti depresant like that do you need a prescription???? or what
Sorry for the long pause Tom! Yes, you need a doc's Rx. Depression, obesity, narcolepsy, and ADD are the main reasons it is prescribed. If you want to obtain it, just elaborate on your inability to focus and concentrate. Tell him your depressed to and often fatigued for no obvious reason. He'll run some tests and you might get what you want.

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
what politics hypo? i think pot should be legal what people do to their own body is their own busines but pot has been shown to lower test levels and increase estrogen ... i'm not sure what there is to debate about that
that is simply incorrect extrapolation from a study done with rats, I have argued this many, many, many times (just ask bobo) :twisted:

Anyway, I'd say.... check out some other herbs first :thumbsup:

http://www.herbs2000.com/disorders/appetite_loss.htm

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can increase my appetite?
First of all, you're not the only one :)
Here something that can help:

-fenugreek may work (I havent tried it yet).
-Colder temperatures usually helps the appetite
-If you are using PH, certain compounds make you hungry (m4ohn for istance)
-Avoid stuff that say it may reduce appetite

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Periactin has the reputation of increasing appetite.

T

TravTriggz

Awards
yea smoke weed, should stimulate ur appetite :goodpost:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I have only HEARD this and am going to try it starting next week.

I am told B12 injections with a slin pin. Real easy shot in the fat area of the waist, 2 times a week Cheap as hell, about $50 for an ENTIRE year.

I will let you know how it goes.

D

DobermanXXL

Awards
psyllium husk and b-vitamins

by the way, I've heard those b12 injections hurt like a mother

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
why would they hurt anymore than any other sub q shot?

Nutz

Nutz

Awards
vit-b shots dont hurt, esp with a slin pin, but I cant say they make a /huge/ diffrence to me.

S

spooler

Awards
I thought that B-12 was given IM, does Sub-Q work as well?

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Jeez, you guys can turn anything into a lab experiment! We went from how to get hungry to injections! Joking.

Whenever I have wanted to bulk, I've found that liquid foods are great. One thing to keep in mind is that if you keep stuffing yourself with solid foods you will stretch your stomach. This can be a problem when you want to trim down again as you will have the inverse effect and always be hungry. It will then take a good while for your stomach to shrink again.

I see patients all the time who get around their surgical stomach staplings by drinking WAY too many calories. At first it was a mystery. How in the hell is this person whose stomach is the size on an apple not losing any weight? Well, the answer was they were drinking 10 high fat shakes a day. I'm talking heavy duty cal Steak and Shake shakes!!! Why, because they were told to avoid solid foods for several weeks to allow their stomach to heal.

Anyway, milk is great for this as are protein shakes. The lower the fiber the better as they will pass quickly thru your system and you will be hungry all the time. Cottage cheese is another great one. Solids like chicken and meat will take longer and impart a longer "full" feeling. That is one of the major reasons Atkins works for some people as it is heavy meat/fat laden and they feel full longer. Bottom line, slow absorption = longer full feeling. You are looking for the opposite.

Also helpful, stagger solid meals with shakes as this will allow you a wider span to move the solids thru and still get your cals.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Anyway, milk is great for this as are protein shakes. The lower the fiber the better as they will pass quickly thru your system and you will be hungry all the time..
Good points :)

C

Cosmo

Awards
Periactin has the reputation of increasing appetite.
I tried periactin for appetite stimulation. Although it helped me get an extra 500cals a day it also made me sleep (or atleast really want to) for 12+ hours. Now i save it for whenever i know i dont need to do anything the next day so i can easily sleep in.

I

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
B-12/B complex injections do seem to help with my appetite, and help some with energy, though only for several hours following the shot. I've used agrilabs vet grade B complex both SQ and IM. SQ doesn't hurt much, you feel it while injecting, but it's NOT a big deal. Sometimes the IM injects get me sore. Surprisingly, I've found that chromium makes me eat like a pig. If I take 200mcg with dinner, I'm consistently hungry only a couple of hours later, no matter how much I eat. Makes squeezing that last meal of the night in much easier.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Surprisingly, I've found that chromium makes me eat like a pig. If I take 200mcg with dinner, I'm consistently hungry only a couple of hours later, no matter how much I eat. Makes squeezing that last meal of the night in much easier.
Which form of Chromium?
Chromium picolinate is potentially cancerous and i'm very careful of messing with other form of it too.
Besides this, the hardest time to eat a lot is in the morning and at lunch :(

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Tribulus's main benefit for most of the people I know who tried it was increased appetite. Fenugreek powder is probably more effective than tribulus, it's been used in folk medicine for this purpose for a long time.

Other than that, all I can say is slap a feed bag on and eat constantly, that's what I had to do while I was downing 8k+ calories a day.