Help me drop fat not weight pls. - AnabolicMinds.com

Help me drop fat not weight pls.

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Help me drop fat not weight pls.

I'm losing some good weight but I'm almost to the lowest I want to be weight wise but I still have my fat deposits mostly around lower back/abs (tire) and my glutes. I'm currently doing medium paced cardio 4 days a week and a clean diet. I'm on a cutting lift schedule keeping my lifts in the 12-15 rep range. My question is should I switch my cardio to perhaps HIIT or something else? Should I keep the diet/workout the same, go under my desired weight until the fat is gone then try to bulk lift back up? Or maybe swap to bulk lift now and keep the cardio diet the same? Any info would help. Also, Should I add some non weighted excersises for glutes? Lil about me

Male
    6ft 1
    224 lbs (Don't wanna go under 215-220)

diet: Under 2500 cal/day 40%pro 40%carb 20%fat 160oz water/green tea per day.
    daily: multi/fish oil/vit c/cinnamon currently on oxy elite pro.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by RufusWrath View Post
    I'm losing some good weight but I'm almost to the lowest I want to be weight wise but I still have my fat deposits mostly around lower back/abs (tire) and my glutes. I'm currently doing medium paced cardio 4 days a week and a clean diet. I'm on a cutting lift schedule keeping my lifts in the 12-15 rep range. My question is should I switch my cardio to perhaps HIIT or something else? Should I keep the diet/workout the same, go under my desired weight until the fat is gone then try to bulk lift back up? Or maybe swap to bulk lift now and keep the cardio diet the same? Any info would help. Also, Should I add some non weighted excersises for glutes? Lil about me

Male
    6ft 1
    224 lbs (Don't wanna go under 215-220)

diet: Under 2500 cal/day 40%pro 40%carb 20%fat 160oz water/green tea per day.
    daily: multi/fish oil/vit c/cinnamon currently on oxy elite pro.

explain a cutting lift schedule......if youre talking about high reps for cutting then youve got some researching to do....you still need to lift as if you were bulking and hiit cardio is the best imo
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

what do your daily macros look like? how often are you lifting? I lost about 30 lbs following the 12 week trainer by kris gethin on bodybuilding.com, followed the diet, cardio and alot of the lifts pretty solidly. i think i actually gained a bit of mass off of it. i'm thinking of running it again but dropping the caloric intake and carbohydrates down a little bit and upping the protein. it was a pretty high intensity program getting into the ladder weeks of it, supersets, giant sets, drop sets and such. it actually got me to quit smoking because i was constantly out of breath from it.

edit: just noticed your macros. is 2500 your maintenance intake? increase protien 20% decrease carbs and fat by 10. check out that program though. it was solid. didnt much thought into diet planning either.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

circuit training is best for cutting routines...
    www.lgsciences.com
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    circuit training is best for cutting routines...
    wish i could do the facebook thing and click like... depending on your current body fat percentage you will probably lose a bit of weight unless you run gear i would imagine. i dont tend to think you'll maintain overall weight unless your only cutting like 6-10lbs.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

the best approach for your goal is a recomp...
    www.lgsciences.com
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Try a recomp with lean gains , or a carb cycling recomp with a 4 day split , remembering to throw in the cardio 5-6 times a week. Thats the way I went from the FAT kid in school to at least lean , now I'm kinda recomping-cutting , still need to get rid of some ancient belly fat and then mass...mass...mass , but like I said , Calorie cycling , weather in the Lean Gains protocol or Carb Cycling , is your best bet.
  8. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Good opinions in here.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  130 lbs.

Varied cardio, high protein. Fasted HIIT is great for fat loss but it definitely leads to muscle loss as well. I wouldn't worry though, experiment..
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech

explain a cutting lift schedule......if youre talking about high reps for cutting then youve got some researching to do....you still need to lift as if you were bulking and hiit cardio is the best imo
    Lifting for size is crucial for fat loss.
    Get that **** switched ASAP!
    Lift heavy, gets your heart rate higher for longer periods of time to stay burning fat longer after your lifting.

HIIT cardio until you can't anymore, then switch it with low intensity that keeps your HR in your fat burning zone.

Don't do more than a bottle's worth of OEP without taking a break from it too. Give hour adrenal glands a break from that 1,3 Dimeth.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

First of all you need to take some important advises from senior weight lifters. They have many valuable information's regarding to cut fat. You need to take control on calories consumption. It help to keep control on fat level. Do work out for 30 to 40 mints per day. Work out convert fat into strong and flexible muscles. Eat fish, meat, chicken only once in a week. Drink water and juices mostly.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjack
    First of all you need to take some important advises from senior weight lifters. They have many valuable information's regarding to cut fat. You need to take control on calories consumption. It help to keep control on fat level. Do work out for 30 to 40 mints per day. Work out convert fat into strong and flexible muscles. Eat fish, meat, chicken only once in a week. Drink water and juices mostly.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT listen to this guy's advice.

Your fat will NEVER convert to muscle.

Why only eat fish, meat and chicken once a week? Limit fish to 1.5-2lbs a week. That's to keep mercury levels in your body safe.

Juices have their place, but consuming copious amounts of simple carbs wouldn't be something I would suggest. Post workout and breakfast seem to be good juice-drinking opportunities with minimal negative side effects.

And your body doesn't start using fat for energy until you've kept your heart rate high for a certain amount of time. I try to keep workouts 2 hours long total, with 30-45 min of cardio to finish. So the lifting being around an hour and some change.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Away View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT listen to this guy's advice.

Your fat will NEVER convert to muscle.

Why only eat fish, meat and chicken once a week? Limit fish to 1.5-2lbs a week. That's to keep mercury levels in your body safe.

Juices have their place, but consuming copious amounts of simple carbs wouldn't be something I would suggest. Post workout and breakfast seem to be good juice-drinking opportunities with minimal negative side effects.

And your body doesn't start using fat for energy until you've kept your heart rate high for a certain amount of time. I try to keep workouts 2 hours long total, with 30-45 min of cardio to finish. So the lifting being around an hour and some change.
    Agreed right here, FAT will never...NEVER convert to muscle :S , you build muscle with your workouts, nutrition, supplementation but most importantly REST...Muscles ain't build at the gym, but at the recovery, the gym plays the part of stimulating the muscle into growth by tearing down muscle fibers so they reconstruct with proper nutrition and rest, into stronger, bigger, denser muscles. Please look into begginer programs like Meat and Potatoes, 5/3/1 , 5x5...Anything that teaches you how to build muscle, and do proper cardios such as HIIT, fasted cardio, high intensity or low intensity cardio...Fat gets tackled with a proper nutrition, cardio and a bit of help from supplements so as to speed up your metabolism. Lift heavy and low volume , or lighter and high volume , but adapt to a plan with goals, realistic goals, and stick to it this is a long process!! Not a sprint to it hehe...
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjack View Post

This is terrible advice. Your telling the guy to eat mainly carbs throughout the week and drink water and juice. What the hell are you thinking? This will make him fatter/slower/and weaker. Carbs and sugar are not the way to lose wieght. C'mon dude. 30-45 min, is definatly not enough time to get up and stay in the FatBurning Zone.

I lost a good amount of stubborn fat with HIIT and CarbCycling. It's easy to follow and WORKS. Add in some heavy lifting and eat right (gotta get a good diet, diet, diet) and you'd be golden.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Girlfriend cant drop weight
    By s7mgte in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 12:54 AM
  2. Need to drop weight for powerlifting
    By PantherMan24 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 10:59 AM
  3. Looking To Drop Weight
    By Ak907 in forum Cycle Info