Leangains

Gman7777

Awards
Anybody here tried leangains? Does it really help for recomp or is it just an easier way to maintain a calorie deficit? I am thinking about trying it during a cut. I have no problem fasting until around 1pm and getting my calories in the following 8 hours. But I want to know if there benefits other than just not going to bed hungry. Are Martin's claims of a lean recomp true based on your experience?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
tons of people report success while using leangains.....

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
tons of people report success while using leangains.....
True, I love LG. I've been using this protocol for nearly a year with fantastic results!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
its the only diet i havent tried, i will be though while logging ostra rx....ive came across a few who reported muscle loss but i would almost cough it up to poor macro breakdown

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
its the only diet i havent tried, i will be though while logging ostra rx....ive came across a few who reported muscle loss but i would almost cough it up to poor macro breakdown
Absolutely. It's important to have calories and macros dialed in. It takes a little time and experimentation to get the protocol working for each individual. We are all different and have different caloric needs. Once one finds those numbers the results are next to none!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
It works marvels...but you gotta commit and look into a solid whole body workout for 3 to 4 times a week. A nice dedication for cardio on rest days and also , if you are looking for a cut I suggest you read this
http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/

And follow the +10%/-35% Protocol, it works wonders in a fast cut , and then , once lean , try the standard recomp for +20%/-20%.

Good luck!

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Sorry dont mean to thread jack but i have a similar question. I checked this link out great read btw, and for cutting it puts me at 2145 t days and 1267 r days however he talked about doubling your fat intake on r days for more food options but in the cutt phase i would be 200g prot. 30g fat and 270 g carbs on wod. But if i doubled my fat and kept protein at 200 g as it suggests i would be over my 1267 calories for my rest days and thats wit 0 carbs. Can protein be lowered on r days to up fat intake and allow some carbs?

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
What's the link for the lean gains plan itself? His mobile site seems to be just blog posts...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Sorry dont mean to thread jack but i have a similar question. I checked this link out great read btw, and for cutting it puts me at 2145 t days and 1267 r days however he talked about doubling your fat intake on r days for more food options but in the cutt phase i would be 200g prot. 30g fat and 270 g carbs on wod. But if i doubled my fat and kept protein at 200 g as it suggests i would be over my 1267 calories for my rest days and thats wit 0 carbs. Can protein be lowered on r days to up fat intake and allow some carbs?
Try to keep it balanced , Keep it between 180 to 200 grams of protein , and I have the same calories , well different actually I'm at 2200 and 1300 , I have 180-200 grams of prot and 300 of carbs , around 20-25g of fat on W.O. days , and I change it to 180-200 grams of Prot, 30-45 grams of fat and 50 grams of carbs (mostly veggies) , on rest days. Recommended to do fasted cardio , low intensity , a brisk walk , light jogging , low lvl stairmaster or eliptical for 1 hour on rest days.