jonesBones40 gettin' shredded (hopefully)

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
What's up guys. I'm 19 weighing in at 251.8 and I want to drop 20-30 of that before August as there is a pool party the dezzled crew needs to take over ;)
Anyways I was gunna take this as slow as possible to minimize muscle loss. I was thinking this week and the next two I would replace all bad foods I eat with a protein bar.(I.e. taco bell). Also increase cardio and an work progressively.
Once that phase is over I want to eat chicken breast before bed instead of brown rice. Do this for about six weeks.
After that all snacks will be tuna.
I am going to play this by ear and do what my body tells me. I've been scared to cut because I don't want to lose muscle. Again I am really trying to minimize strength loss, although I know it comes with the territory.
I'll post a picture every Monday until the party with my weight. And hopefully pictures with girls at the party ;)

H

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
why so slow? you wont loose muscle dieting 3 times that hard. btw, from your profile pic it looks like you've got A LOT more than 20-30 pounds to lose before you'll look remotely lean.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
why so slow? you wont loose muscle dieting 3 times that hard. btw, from your profile pic it looks like you've got A LOT more than 20-30 pounds to lose before you'll look remotely lean.
That picture was taken at 260 but yeah I could drop more. I just don't want to lose muscle that I worked for the past two years to put on, it's more paranoia than anything

ozHarris

ozHarris

Awards
Looking pretty solid in your pic, will look awesome when you shed some fat.
What amount of calories are you planning on eating a day vs now?

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Looking pretty solid in your pic, will look awesome when you shed some fat.
What amount of calories are you planning on eating a day vs now?
Right now it's around 3500-4000. I'm just gunna eat clean for a couple weeks at this calorie intake then start cutting calories. It may not be the fastest way to achieve my goals but it could be worth it. We shall see

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That picture was taken at 260 but yeah I could drop more. I just don't want to lose muscle that I worked for the past two years to put on, it's more paranoia than anything
It's all in your head bro. I'm 220 12%bf cutting on 2600 cals. The leaner you are the bigger you will look

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
It's all in your head bro. I'm 220 12%bf cutting on 2600 cals. The leaner you are the bigger you will look
Yeah I think I'll only eat rice before bed before squat and bench days. That will cut out 1000 calories

ozHarris

ozHarris

Awards
You don't want to eat carbs before bed.
Have some protein instead, the carbs will be stored as fat.
If you need help with a proper cutting diet, let us know or post up your full planned diet.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
If you need help with a proper cutting diet, let us know or post up your full planned diet.
Living in the dorms I eat pretty much the same thing everyday. So here is a normal day
Breakfast
10 eggs grapefruit and oatmeal
Snack
Protein bar
Lunch
pasta and chicken
Snack
Protein bar
Dinner
Pasta and chicken
Pre workout
Sweet potato
Post workout
Protein shake
Pre bed
Brown rice

There's a lot of stuff I can it out, I was thinking dropping most carbs and eat tuna. Not much I can do without a stove though.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Subbed

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
First official weigh in tonight, it will be on a full days worth of food, but I can't access a scale right when I get up so this is all I got.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
wrong!

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
248.2 aimin for 242 next week. Cutting out rice before bed is all I've done, and eating protein bars instead of taco bell

Attachments

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Quick question y'all, do competitions take stretch marks serious? If so any advice to get rid of them? I have the gnarliest stretch marks on my underarms.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Just weighed in at 245 so I think 238 by next Monday is reasonable. This is going a lot better than I thought it would

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Quick question y'all, do competitions take stretch marks serious? If so any advice to get rid of them? I have the gnarliest stretch marks on my underarms.
Theres some cream u can buy. Not sure the name. Google search it.
Coco butter lotion helps too.
Stretch marks are my least concern, it's part of the sport.
I worry more about acne leaving scars on my face :(

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Down to 242 all numbers stayed the same for squats so I'm not mad. Am I right in thinking pounds will come off fast, but the last little bit will be hard?

H

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Down to 242 all numbers stayed the same for squats so I'm not mad. Am I right in thinking pounds will come off fast, but the last little bit will be hard?
yep, definitely. the leaner you get, the harder it will be to drop the fat.

keep at at man, when fatloss stalls drop cals and/or add more cardio, until you you're doing cardio 6-7 days a week for at least 45 mins, and your calories are as low as you can comfortably stand. After fatloss stalls further, bring in fat-loss aids such as clen, ect. Just make sure the drops arent too large, as you'll have less room to drop them again at a plateau. Good luck!

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
yep, definitely. the leaner you get, the harder it will be to drop the fat.

keep at at man, when fatloss stalls drop cals and/or add more cardio, until you you're doing cardio 6-7 days a week for at least 45 mins, and your calories are as low as you can comfortably stand. After fatloss stalls further, bring in fat-loss aids such as clen, ect. Just make sure the drops arent too large, as you'll have less room to drop them again at a plateau. Good luck!
I'm only 19 so I'll stay away from the clen lol but thanks for the words man I was gunna increase cardio from ten minutes to twenty this week and keep rising that. I haven't really done cardio since track got over last year so im just gunna ease into it

BELIEVE

BELIEVE

Awards

Your right in thinking the last bit of body fat is definitely the hardest to loose. The first week you will see a bigger weight loss but mostly due to water. You have 14 weeks till August, I would just listen to your body and and try to stay in between 1.5-2lbs.That leaves you dropping 21-28 lbs before August. Then there is always the option of playing with sodium/carbs the last week and drop 5-10 in water weight if you do it right.

Let us know if you need help with the meal plan.
Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Any of y'all catch UFC 145? Jon Jones has been my favorite fighter for a long time. Is he the best light heavyweight of all time? I would say yes

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
As long as it's within your planned macronutrient totals for the day it shouldn't be stored as fat. But since op has two serves of pasta during the day it probably would be LOL!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Any of y'all catch UFC 145? Jon Jones has been my favorite fighter for a long time. Is he the best light heavyweight of all time? I would say yes
Yeah bro Jon Jones is the man. Youngest champ of all time and has now defended it three times. Rashad is the first guy to go the distance tho.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
As long as it's within your planned macronutrient totals for the day it shouldn't be stored as fat. But since op has two serves of pasta during the day it probably would be LOL!
Yeah I'm dumpin pasta this week eggs chicken oatmeal and sweet potato is all I'm gunna eat

J

jschug72

Awards
Came across this thread. Good luck. I'm in the same boat as you. Rockin 245 at 6ft trying to save a much muscle as I can!haha

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
239.3 today forgot to take a picture I'll post one tomorrow

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Such a debate around this...people who cut carbs swear by no carbs in the evening, others swear by getting daily macros...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
from 252 to 236? 16 pounds in 2-3 weeks??
I can tell a difference, keep up the good work.
Are u using a calorie counter?
From 260 to 236 :) but no I just figure 8 eggs in the morning with a grapefruit and chicken for lunch and dinner is probably good to get a good cut. I think 220 is my new goal, theres a facking strong man comp at the end of May that I was invited to, swear these things come at the worst times lol and I needa get a tan no homo lol I tan easy bein part native but I'm pretty pale right now

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tanning is for real men! Great work man keep it up

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Hey guys I've hit a stand still in weight loss, should I cut all carbs out? Right now it's only a sweet potato but that's late in the day

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys I've hit a stand still in weight loss, should I cut all carbs out? Right now it's only a sweet potato but that's late in the day
If you like sweet potato I would say keep it. Just lower your calories somewhere else during the day.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
If you like sweet potato I would say keep it. Just lower your calories somewhere else during the day.
They're already pretty low compared to what they were previously. I would say a solid 2000-1500 calorie drop from bulking. I don't want to starve myself and go into a catabolic state.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you don't want to drop calories I guess you could try to "clean them up" if there's any room to. I'm actually more of a believer in "calories in vs. calories out" than what and when you eat affecting weight. If I'm not dropping weight (when that's my goal) I'll slowy lower calories until I do.

H

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
hey man google martin bergkamp and read his forums on intermittent fasting, I don't think I can post the link here.

Anyway I want you to forgot all the bs you've read on nutrition on sites like these, and read up on his, and lyle mcdonald's forums

most nutrition info on the internet is completely false, these guys are the only ones I trust when it comes to nutrition their methods have improved my physique immensely, and they can back up everything they say with studies, unlike pretty much every single other nutrition "guru"

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
hey man google martin bergkamp and read his forums on intermittent fasting, I don't think I can post the link here.

Anyway I want you to forgot all the bs you've read on nutrition on sites like these, and read up on his, and lyle mcdonald's forums

most nutrition info on the internet is completely false, these guys are the only ones I trust when it comes to nutrition their methods have improved my physique immensely, and they can back up everything they say with studies, unlike pretty much every single other nutrition "guru"
Actually mate there's a fair few advocates for leangains intermittent fasting on here. A lot if people are "gurus" on what works for THEM as everyone is different and different things work for individuals! I'm not saying that Martin bergkamps IF doesn't work as I have used it to cut. I'm simply saying just because something works for an individual doesn't mean it's BS.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Just weighed in at 230 even. Pictures on Sunday should be sicky gnar

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I can def see a difference!
Keep up the good work!

R

Ripley

Awards
I'm not sure which protein bars you are eating, but some have a lot of crap in them..

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I'm not sure which protein bars you are eating, but some have a lot of crap in them..
Most definitely man I stick to zone perfect bars which aren't bad and only eat them when I have nothing else and am running around delivering beer for my job