jonesBones40 gettin' shredded (hopefully)

Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Any tips on how to get absolutely shredded before my competition guys? I'm already running twice a day with an extreme caloric deficit, I know dehydration will show a lot but I feel like there's about 3 pounds I could stand losing yet

  2. Registered User
    live to lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    960
    Answers
    0


    Bro this has to be one of the best transformations ive seen on AM especially in the time frame u have done it great job!
  3. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by live to lift
    Bro this has to be one of the best transformations ive seen on AM especially in the time frame u have done it great job!
    I appreciate it man. Hard work, dedication and a good group of people around you really pays off
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,419
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by live to lift
    Bro this has to be one of the best transformations ive seen on AM especially in the time frame u have done it great job!
    I second this bro. if your trying to lose those last few stubborn pounds why not try a fat loss stack? Alpha-t2 etc. Can't remember if your were using one or not?
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,980
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000

    I second this bro. if your trying to lose those last few stubborn pounds why not try a fat loss stack? Alpha-t2 etc. Can't remember if your were using one or not?
    LeanGains. End speculation
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  6. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    I've just decided to do cardio twice a day until the comp, with the exception of today's four 20 minute sessions
  7. Registered User
    Tartaris's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0


    Hey mate

    I suggest you keep lifting heavy and keep your cardio up to around 45-60 minutes. Amazing transformation! I'm not far behind you!
  8. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    6 days out. Super flat from carb depleting
    But pretty shredded
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  9. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,573
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40
    6 days out. Super flat from carb depleting
    But pretty shredded
    I remember how you use to look! Still amazed.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  10. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Any body have any thoughts On **** loading the day of a competition. I know no water from 5 the night before until the night show is done but I want input on carb/sh$t loading competition day
  11. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40
    Any body have any thoughts On **** loading the day of a competition. I know no water from 5 the night before until the night show is done but I want input on carb/sh$t loading competition day
    I wouldn't do it if you haven't given it a trial run in the off-season . I know some people love it, but you can spill easy if you don't know what its going to do your body.

    For me carb loading is the easy way to go, especially if you have been carb cycling in any fashion during your prep. It will be easy to predict how many carbs you need to fill out and not spill.
  12. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    I wouldn't do it if you haven't given it a trial run in the off-season . I know some people love it, but you can spill easy if you don't know what its going to do your body.

    For me carb loading is the easy way to go, especially if you have been carb cycling in any fashion during your prep. It will be easy to predict how many carbs you need to fill out and not spill.
    That's what I was thinkin just have some bagels and sweet potatoes to carb load, seems odd to eat candy and stuff in a shtt load
  13. Registered User
    Miss Q's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    944
    Answers
    0


    Congratulations, amazing transformation in such a short period of time!! As far as Sh* loading goes, if your body is depleted and you cut your water (only sipping on approx 12-16oz of water 24hrs before the show) and then you shock your body by adding in some fat/sugar the night before, you should fill out and look full on stage. Think about how most contestants look a day after their show. Why do they look like that.... because they have eaten crap all night which in turn fills them with veins popping out all over the place. I guess since it's you 1st contest you should take the safe route, but If you compete again I would definitely test the sh*t load out beforehand and see what you look like!!! Good luck with your competition and have fun!!
  14. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q
    Congratulations, amazing transformation in such a short period of time!! As far as Sh* loading goes, if your body is depleted and you cut your water (only sipping on approx 12-16oz of water 24hrs before the show) and then you shock your body by adding in some fat/sugar the night before, you should fill out and look full on stage. Think about how most contestants look a day after their show. Why do they look like that.... because they have eaten crap all night which in turn fills them with veins popping out all over the place. I guess since it's you 1st contest you should take the safe route, but If you compete again I would definitely test the sh*t load out beforehand and see what you look like!!! Good luck with your competition and have fun!!
    Thank you for the kind words! And as far as playing it safe like you say would just recommend carb loading the morning of?
  15. Registered User
    Murda_sheRote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    63
    Answers
    0


    HOLY CRAP
  16. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Murda_sheRote
    HOLY CRAP
    What haha
  17. Registered User
    Murda_sheRote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    63
    Answers
    0


    Great job bro. i just joined AM and im on the same route. again awesome transformation. whats up with the pool party pics? ahaha
  18. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Murda_sheRote
    Great job bro. i just joined AM and im on the same route. again awesome transformation. whats up with the pool party pics? ahaha
    Good luck with what you do. And that's here in two weeks so I'll post those when the time comes
  19. Registered User
    rsnake21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    685
    Answers
    0


    Wow just saw and read this thread. Amazing job man, very motivational.
  20. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rsnake21
    Wow just saw and read this thread. Amazing job man, very motivational.
    Thanks man I appreciate it. It was hard but well worth it
  21. Registered User
    toddgranit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    535
    Answers
    0


    Spectacular results!
    Truly inspiring.
    Congratulations.
    Peace
  22. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by toddgranit
    Spectacular results!
    Truly inspiring.
    Congratulations.
    Peace
    Appreciate it
  23. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Man this posing suit is a tight fit hahaha
  24. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Got a new car yesterday. Traded in the Camry for 6K this pickup was 8.8K paid straight cash homie
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  25. Registered User
    Murda_sheRote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    63
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40 View Post
    Got a new car yesterday. Traded in the Camry for 6K this pickup was 8.8K paid straight cash homie
    NICEE. Congrats on the new whip bro
  26. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,573
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40
    Got a new car yesterday. Traded in the Camry for 6K this pickup was 8.8K paid straight cash homie
    Got a Ford Ranger huh?

    Where the hell do u live South Dakota?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  27. Registered User
    Miss Q's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    944
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40 View Post
    Thank you for the kind words! And as far as playing it safe like you say would just recommend carb loading the morning of?
    Your welcome!

    My guy starts the night before the show, after he cuts his water but I guess it would depend on how lean and flat you look Friday night. He is a super heavy and weighs in around 260lbs on stage so it's probably a bit different for him!! Some guy's start the morning of, but they usually end up looking better by the night show due to their muscle's being filled out with glycogen. The key is to not take in much water or you will spill over, I think he usually sips on only 12-16oz of water the entire day of the contest. Like someone else suggested.....maybe you could try this for your 2nd show, that way you could do a test run 1st.....
  28. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    Got a Ford Ranger huh?

    Where the hell do u live South Dakota?
    Wyoming haha
  29. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q

    Your welcome!

    My guy starts the night before, after he cuts his water but I guess it would depend on how lean and flat you look Friday night. He is a super heavy and weighs in around 260lbs on stage so it's probably a bit different for him!! Some guy's start the morning of, but they usually end up looking better by the night show due to their muscle's being filled out with glycogen. The key is to not take in much water or you will spill over, I think he usually sips on only 12-16oz of water the entire day of the contest. Like someone else suggested.....maybe you could try this for your 2nd show, that way you could do a test run 1st.....
    Yeah I'll probably have a rice cake and sweet potato before getting on stage and yeah I'll cut water the night before
  30. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,573
    Answers
    0


    Hey, u r not logging ConDense are you?
    I Could sponor you a bottle of Fat Smack XR if you are interested?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  31. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40

    Yeah I'll probably have a rice cake and sweet potato before getting on stage and yeah I'll cut water the night before
    Bro you are really unprepared for this...when is your show? Go onto bodybuilding.com and look up lane Norton's contest prep and follow it to the t. If you wait until morning of to carb up you will almost certainly be flat, your glycogen stores won't have enough time to fill up. Are you planning on carb depleting? You need to plan that whole week out in order to look good on stage. Read that article and I can help you with any questions you have
  32. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    Hey, u r not logging ConDense are you?
    I Could sponor you a bottle of Fat Smack XR if you are interested?
    Yeah I'm logging it just waiting for it to come
  33. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    Bro you are really unprepared for this...when is your show? Go onto bodybuilding.com and look up lane Norton's contest prep and follow it to the t. If you wait until morning of to carb up you will almost certainly be flat, your glycogen stores won't have enough time to fill up. Are you planning on carb depleting? You need to plan that whole week out in order to look good on stage. Read that article and I can help you with any questions you have
    I wouldn't say I'm unprepared just asking questions to help with my first competition. It's not going to perfect but I have a retired competitor as well as everyone helping me on here. I have everything down except that do don't flame me please
  34. Registered User
    Miss Q's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    944
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40 View Post
    Yeah I'll probably have a rice cake and sweet potato before getting on stage and yeah I'll cut water the night before
    I would also look in to what uvawahoowa is suggesting or get someone local to help you.....you need some simple carbs even if you decide to not completely sh*t load.

    Oh, I see.... you have someone helping you out. Just read your last post!! Awesome
  35. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40

    I wouldn't say I'm unprepared just asking questions to help with my first competition. It's not going to perfect but I have a retired competitor as well as everyone helping me on here. I have everything down except that do don't flame me please
    Not trying to flame you but if you are asking these questions you are unprepared. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is...I'm just looking to help you out.
  36. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    Not trying to flame you but if you are asking these questions you are unprepared. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is...I'm just looking to help you out.
    I'd say I'm more confused what to eat not when to eat ya know? I've heard anything from loading up on candy and pizza to sweet potatoes and rice cakes
  37. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40

    I'd say I'm more confused what to eat not when to eat ya know? I've heard anything from loading up on candy and pizza to sweet potatoes and rice cakes
    Like I said read that article it is very specific and comprehensive. Dont do anything crazy since this is your first show. Subsequent shows you can tweak things to see what works and what doesn't.
  38. Registered User
    jonesBones40's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    615
    Answers
    0


    Sittin at 195 after a full days worth of food and 193 when I first get up. Feel good and look pretty damn good at 3 days out. Should take the teen division pretty easily but I am focusing on winning the open division!
  39. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jonesBones40
    Sittin at 195 after a full days worth of food and 193 when I first get up. Feel good and look pretty damn good at 3 days out. Should take the teen division pretty easily but I am focusing on winning the open division!
    Good luck bro, hope you knock it out of the park!
  40. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,419
    Answers
    0


    How far out are you from your comp?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. jonesBones40's Hemavol & Maximize Intense Log
    By jonesBones40 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
  2. Gettin' Focused on Gettin' Big with SNS
    By Kevin R in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 04:12 PM
  3. Getting Shredded
    By vmaster333 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 08:23 AM
  4. Can you say shredded?
    By Beowulf in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in