Need Weight Loss Advice

namow10

Awards
I just had my 2nd child three months ago. I am 30 years old, 5'0, 160lbs. I have worked hard to lose weight and have done some hardcare working out and dieting over the last month and a half. I want to lose 30/40 more lbs but I am at a plateau. I eat fairly clean and do cardio and/or resistance training 5/6 time a week. I do have hypothyroidism; however try not to use that as an excuse. I bulk up easily but still do light weight training. I need any and all advice on how to lose this weight as fast as possible.
This is what I usually eat & I do mix it up from day to day. I try and stay between 1200-1400 cals a day.
Chicken, Fish, Pork Loin, Shrimp, Asparagus, Fruits (except bananas), tomatoes, almonds, pistachios, sugar free jello. I have cut out my peanut butter, most processed foods, salad dressings, and diet sodas.
I appreciate your feedback.

thomasjack

Awards
Weight loss is not an easy task. It need more hard work and proper plan for achieving weight goal result. Just cut off in eat is not a right and enough way to reduce weight. You have to do work out with that. As you wrote that there is 3 months child so you cannot go gym or left him alone at home. So you do some simple and meaningful cardio work out at home like jumping rope, air bicycle, walk etc. Use fresh fruits and green arteries mostly instead of eating meat. chicken, fish etc.

adeadbodyman

Awards
Add peanut butter back in and more healthy fats. Olive oil, almonds, pistachios, but remember they are fatty so not very much. Like 4-6 almonds a day, none if your eating peanut butter. But you NEED fats, just healthy ones. STOP eating anything sugar free (aspartame WILL cause cravings and weight gain, plus it will kill your brain cells).
Watch carbs and keep protien up, sounds like your doing good on the meats. Have you ever tried atkins or Carb Cycling?

grappler22

grappler22

Awards
STOP eating anything sugar free (aspartame WILL cause cravings and weight gain, plus it will kill your brain cells).

^^^^ This... and adding a thermogenic or an appetite suppressant will help control cravings/help burn some calories. There are a ton of diet plans out there but a lifestyle (eating/exercising) change is necessary to achieve life long results. Start with some simple things like choosing foods that are minimally processed and organic foods. Stay away from high fructose corn syrup, soda, juice..... Anything that will add calories... Try to eat 4 to 6 small meals throughout the day that consists of "clean" food choices. Drink a ton of water and search on youtube for some good home exercises that you can do when you have the chance. I personally have found success with leangains but I enjoy fasting as it helps me feel more "in control" of my eating habits. You have to make this fun or it is easy to get discouraged and return to the old ways and habits of eating and not exercising. Keep trying until you find choices that you enjoy that you can stick with long term. Hope this helps and good luck

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Add peanut butter back in and more healthy fats. Olive oil, almonds, pistachios, but remember they are fatty so not very much. Like 4-6 almonds a day, none if your eating peanut butter. But you NEED fats, just healthy ones. STOP eating anything sugar free (aspartame WILL cause cravings and weight gain, plus it will kill your brain cells).
Watch carbs and keep protien up, sounds like your doing good on the meats. Have you ever tried atkins or Carb Cycling?
This is great advice. I agree 100% with the above that you do need fats.
Natural Peanut Butter is a huge lifesaver for me when I am dieting very strict.