post workout carbs - AnabolicMinds.com

post workout carbs

post workout carbs

As of know i drink 12 oz of grape juice and there's 12 ounces of milk in my shake do i need more carbs then this immediately following my workouts or is this too much or just right?

5'9 190 10%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    As of know i drink 12 oz of grape juice and there's 12 ounces of milk in my shake do i need more carbs then this immediately following my workouts or is this too much or just right?

5'9 190 10%
    12oz grape juice prob has around 60g of carbs and 12oz milk has roughly 18g of carbs so a total of 78g, your pretty lean so you could probably use a little more, maybe a banana or oatmeal or something like that. but grape juice and milk.... jeez how do you not throw up.
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I would keep it to 6 oz of grape juice or less and add in 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Do a search on post workout carbs there's an old thread on it somewhere that's pretty good, a lot of arguing though.
    •   

haha well i don't mix the grape juice and milk Omar, i drink them separately and the milk is in my shake
    i've read so many contrasting opinions and some contrasting supposed facts so i don't know what to believe about high v low GI carbs post workout i do know that trying to eat oatmeal after a workout would damn near kill me i never have anything resembling an appetite after my workouts

haha well i don't mix the grape juice and milk Omar, i drink them separately and the milk is in my shake
    i've read so many contrasting opinions and some contrasting supposed facts so i don't know what to believe about high v low GI carbs post workout i do know that trying to eat oatmeal after a workout would damn near kill me i never have anything resembling an appetite after my workouts
    Every time I've read anything on this subject, I get many different opinions from different people. I dont know if there is a right or wrong way to do it. I guess you just gotta try different things to find out what works for you and what does not work.
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Hmm.. I'm always starving after a workout.

well you're clearly doing something wrong than Jas

just kidding i don't know i've just never had much of an appetite after hardcore physical activity

i guess i'm gonna just stick with what i've been doing the results seem good
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Sounds good, glen, hope it continues to work for you. Here was the thread, I was talking about earlier, if anyone's interested.

how much dextrose pwo

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post workout carbs??
    By AMTorres in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 09:07 AM
  2. post workout carbs- crucial yes or no
    By small_guy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 08:09 PM
  3. post workout carb recipes (healthy)
    By Mrs. D in forum Recipes