post workout carbs

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
As of know i drink 12 oz of grape juice and there's 12 ounces of milk in my shake do i need more carbs then this immediately following my workouts or is this too much or just right?

5'9 190 10%

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
As of know i drink 12 oz of grape juice and there's 12 ounces of milk in my shake do i need more carbs then this immediately following my workouts or is this too much or just right?

5'9 190 10%
12oz grape juice prob has around 60g of carbs and 12oz milk has roughly 18g of carbs so a total of 78g, your pretty lean so you could probably use a little more, maybe a banana or oatmeal or something like that. but grape juice and milk.... jeez how do you not throw up.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I would keep it to 6 oz of grape juice or less and add in 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Do a search on post workout carbs there's an old thread on it somewhere that's pretty good, a lot of arguing though.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
haha well i don't mix the grape juice and milk Omar, i drink them separately and the milk is in my shake
i've read so many contrasting opinions and some contrasting supposed facts so i don't know what to believe about high v low GI carbs post workout i do know that trying to eat oatmeal after a workout would damn near kill me i never have anything resembling an appetite after my workouts

.9mm

Awards
haha well i don't mix the grape juice and milk Omar, i drink them separately and the milk is in my shake
i've read so many contrasting opinions and some contrasting supposed facts so i don't know what to believe about high v low GI carbs post workout i do know that trying to eat oatmeal after a workout would damn near kill me i never have anything resembling an appetite after my workouts
Every time I've read anything on this subject, I get many different opinions from different people. I dont know if there is a right or wrong way to do it. I guess you just gotta try different things to find out what works for you and what does not work.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hmm.. I'm always starving after a workout.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well you're clearly doing something wrong than Jas ;)

just kidding i don't know i've just never had much of an appetite after hardcore physical activity

i guess i'm gonna just stick with what i've been doing the results seem good :)