intermittent fasting help please

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.67%

intermittent fasting help please

Nearing the end of my weight loss and want to start intermittent fasting, i've been reading around the forums but i am still not sure how to schedule around my workouts properly.
    I like to do cardio first thing in the morning then lift later around 4 and then have a feeding window till about 8-9, should i still not have anything after my cardio in the morning? will i be at risk of losing muscle?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.83%

The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Dunno if you read this one yet, but if you still have questions after reading this thread, its possible youre overcomplicating things.

The 16 hour fasting window can be whenever. Its nice to break fast somewhat soon after your workout, but its not the end of the world if your fasting for another 3-4 hours after your workout. Your insulin sensitivity will be that much higher.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.45%

Quote Originally Posted by MDiocre View Post
    The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Dunno if you read this one yet, but if you still have questions after reading this thread, its possible youre overcomplicating things.

The 16 hour fasting window can be whenever. Its nice to break fast somewhat soon after your workout, but its not the end of the world if your fasting for another 3-4 hours after your workout. Your insulin sensitivity will be that much higher.
    So long as u intake 20-40g of BCAA's between the workout and breaking the fast or intake 50 calories or less of protein..
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I admit I am really skeptic about this diet...yet i do like to workout or do my cardio fasted from time to time...just i dont know , 8 hours to munch in maintenance calories...and also 16 hours of fast...idk why it feels catabolic
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.45%

Feels? As in ur doing it right at this moment? Or do u mean "seems"?

I've done it. It works. And I like the fact that in its success it also shoves all that bro science and common dieting science back into experts faces. It proves that we know so little about our bodies.

Some obvious benefits include: leaner mid-section, better appetite control (less splurging), lower overall insulin levels with an increase of insulin sensitivity and a slow, steady recomp (hence the name Lean Gains). Not to mention it is far more practical compared to 6-8 moderate sized meals a day. You get accustomed to lsrger meals again when u go to LG. A large meal used to be 800 calories when I first started using this diet. Now, 1500-1700 calories constitutes a large meal for me.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Wow... I'll try it, and the feels was just a saying haha , as in "I feel a disturbance in the force" ;p, but yeah I guess I just need to Salish my bmr right and try it with my macros in check , I just don't wanna chunky p haha, besides mark recommend reverse pyramid or 5x5 training right? I'll have to change routine as well
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.45%

I do HIT training and moderate-intensity cardio 2-3 times per week with the LG.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    I do HIT training and moderate-intensity cardio 2-3 times per week with the LG.
    Im just starting, but I think my routine would be:

Monday:

Squats
    Bench Press
    Weighted Dips
    Deadlifts
    Weighted Chin Ups

Did this today haha WOW ended up dead , did them in a reverse pyramid fashion...it was good though , Idk how I beat a PR in deadlift , my max had been 195 for a while , today i finally did the 2 plates 225lb...i dont know i felt motivated, and i did 4 reps...

For wednesday and Friday i plan to do the same , and 3 out of the 4 rest days I wanna do fasted low impact cardio , jogging for 45mins to 1 hour.

Though I need some advice...seeing you are good at LG...is my training ok? Or should i just go for:

Monday:
    Deadlifts
    Pendlay Rows
    Weighted Chins

Wednesday:
    Bench press
    Weighted Dips
    Weighted Push ups

Friday:

Squats
    Bridges
    Some little ab work, not too much...i dont like getting ****araounditis haha, and god knows its an epidemic at my gym hahaha
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  179 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

I have a question: my maintenance are 2500 calories per day (training 4 days per week included in that number). To do a recomp with leangains (lean bulk) do you do -20% / +20% of those 2500 calories? And for a cut do you do the same but with a base of 2000 calories (500 below maintenance)?

Were you bulking with leangains? did you build muscle while losing some fat? were you using that model I described above?
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Gman7777 View Post
    I have a question: my maintenance are 2500 calories per day (training 4 days per week included in that number). To do a recomp with leangains (lean bulk) do you do -20% / +20% of those 2500 calories? And for a cut do you do the same but with a base of 2000 calories (500 below maintenance)?

Were you bulking with leangains? did you build muscle while losing some fat? were you using that model I described above?
    Yes I gained muscle and lost fat. Was it huge amounts? No. But when ur recomping, alittle fat here a little muscle there adds up quickly.

No, I did not use a +- 20%. I simply ate at maintenance or 250kcals above maintenance with a high protein diet. Trained hard and heavy as well.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  130 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.33%

I have experience with intermittent fasting, but not leangains in particular. I did the alternate day dieting thing for 2 months. Not eating for one day, spiking calories the next. I experienced a lot of fat loss, but muscle loss too; i know that can be attributed to getting 0 calories in on days i was doing hill sprints and swimming! Haha, trial and error though, you live & learn. I suggest giving it a go, and seeing how your body reacts to it.
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.45%

Yeah, I think for best overall results, LG @ 16-18hr fasting with cardio 5 days a week and a low to moderate dose of androgens would be ideal. When I applied LG natty, I saw 6lbs of weight loss in 5 weeks with zero muscle loss. I say zero muscle loss due to the fact that my lifts were up 15% ( this was natty as well ) Previously, I had lost 7lbs before that but from traditional dieting. Strength was pitiful until I started the LG diet.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.69%

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Yeah, I think for best overall results, LG @ 16-18hr fasting with cardio 5 days a week and a low to moderate dose of androgens would be ideal. When I applied LG natty, I saw 6lbs of weight loss in 5 weeks with zero muscle loss. I say zero muscle loss due to the fact that my lifts were up 15% ( this was natty as well ) Previously, I had lost 7lbs before that but from traditional dieting. Strength was pitiful until I started the LG diet.
    you attribute these gains solely to starting an intermittent fasting diet? I dont get these claims at all....even martin bergkamp says the diet is mostly effective because it allows people to stick to their calorie requirements much more easily without cheating ect....losing 6 lbs in 5 weeks and lifts going up 15% is what I'd get from running tren-ace for 5-6 weeks on a strict cutting diet..

Similar Forum Threads

1. intermittent fasting
    By dark child in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 12:59 PM
  2. dosing DCP with intermittent fasting?
    By fogg88 in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 02:11 PM
  3. intermittent fasting
    By Shavani in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM
  4. Intermittent Fasting
    By trackstud100m in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM