Premixing shakes for a week of use?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
This may seem like a stupid question, but I'm wondering why I've never heard of anyone doing this.

As long as the ingredients you blend up won't expire for more than a week, it should be fine. Fruit is the only ingredient that might go bad if it's blended up for a long time. I'm also unsure about peanut butter because it might seperate from the rest and settle to the bottom too easily. And creatine, don't bother adding that because it won't be good for very long when stored in liquid.

Just take anything from the list: milk, protein powder, cottage cheese, oatmeal, eggs or egg whites(cooked or raw), flax oil, and/or light olive oil, and blend it all up well and pour into an empty milk jug. Then, throughout the week, just give the jug a few shakes and pour yourself a glass. It would be a lot easier than cleaning your blender every day.

Just so you know, I haven't tried this yet. So you might wanna try it with one shake first, instead of a whole gallon. Hopefully it will save you some time and work.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used to do this and it works fine. I switched to ON 100% and just mix a day's worth at a time in a nalgene bottle.

xXx

Board Supporter
Awards
I used to do this and it works fine. I switched to ON 100% and just mix a day's worth at a time in a nalgene bottle.
Have you ever tried mixing a weeks worth at a time? I believe that is what he was asking.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Just so you know, I haven't tried this yet. So you might wanna try it with one shake first, instead of a whole gallon.

No, YOU wanna try it and then let us know how it went.:blink:

beamen28

beamen28

Awards
it does sound like a good idea, cause i can't stand cleaning the blender twice a day!

.9mm

Awards
it does sound like a good idea, cause i can't stand cleaning the blender twice a day!
Beamer, look in the stores for an old fashion type milk shake mixer. The kind with the rod that hangs down and they have a stainless steel cup. You mix it and drink it right out of the stainless. Nothing to clean. Just rinse out the cup. Works great.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Seems like a bigger pain in the ass to me then just mixing up your shakes whenever you need them.

lionel

Awards
I would recommend against it as protein starts to denature after 8.5 mins is liquid form..