All you low-carb experts...please GTFIH - AnabolicMinds.com

All you low-carb experts...please GTFIH

  1. New Member
    F355's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    336

    Reputation

    All you low-carb experts...please GTFIH


    Alright guys, I need all the tips and experienced opinions I can get. Please bare with me on the long post.

    I am struggling with nailing this **** down and it's really pissing me off. Right now, my primary goal is to lose body fat, specifically in the midsection and glutes. That is first and foremost, second is to retain and possibly build as much LBM as I can. I'm not too worried about building a huge amount of muscle right now, that's for later. Right now the focus is to lose fat, fat, fat.

    I've ran a keto diet in the past for about 2.5 weeks before I said, "fck it". The energy was nowhere to be found and my workouts were suffering. There was seriously no point in following that **** if I couldn't even last 30 minutes at the gym. Ya, I def. saw the results coming but I think I would've killed myself had I followed it for another week.

    Now, what I want to do is take in just around 100g of carbs, all coming from oats. The rest of the cals will come from fats and protein. Here's my dilemma, when I was running that keto diet, I was not feeling "regular". Not trying to get all graphic, but seriously, it can't be OK to not be taking proper #2s. It just did not feel right at all, especially when I was used to eating 2 cups of oats a day and feeling GOOD. I try and shoot for 25-30g of fiber a day, I could not do this on keto, even though I know fiber cals don't count.

    My question is, you guys think it's fine to take in all my fat cals from JUST EVOO, coconut oil, eggs, and nuts? I'm talking like half my fat cals from EVOO and coconut oil. It's just a bitch to calculate how much fat I'm ACTUALLY taking in from bacon or 85/15 ground turkey. Bacon is the worst because I don't know if the nutrition facts are formatted for cooked or pre-cooked. If it's for pre-cooked than it's even more of a bitch because you can't exactly know how much fat you just lost through the cooking, blah blah blah. If fat is fat, it shouldn't really matter where it's coming from right? This way I know EXACTLY how much I'm taking in because oils, nuts, and eggs are way easier to measure out than meat.

    I would honestly like to keep my foods to a strict circle and endure the fatigue than feel like **** and not be getting in the exact macros. Sorry but my body is very sensitive to these type of things. If I don't get enough cals in and I'm busting my ass in the gym, then I'm working against myself. Oh and with oils, I plan on just putting them in my shakes along with the eggs. I find this incredibly easier than figuring out how much fat I'm going to lose when cooking fatty meat. Plus oils and nuts have healthier fats.

    Also, I depend on my oats and flaxmeal for my fiber intake. The flaxmeal is the PERFECT food on low-carbs because all the carbs in it are fiber so essentially it's carb-free. Finally, I would be taking the carbs ONLY pre-workout. This would eliminate the sluggishness for workouts. I'm not concerned about it any other time, I can deal with it, but workouts I must need some kind of fuel.

    Obviously, this works out to some kind of TKD or w/e you guys want to call it these days. At least this way I don't have to buy nasty 85/15 ground turkey and ****. I can stick with boneless chicken thighs and lean meats for my protein.

    Sorry for the long read here folks but I seriously need some tips and advice, let me know what you guys think. I'm open to any and all suggestions. I really want to make this work.

    Oh and as for my workouts. It's gonna be hitting the gym at least 5x a week, cardio for 45 minutes, and lifting for reps in the 10-15 range. For me the size usually comes when strength increases, I'm not worried about that right now. I want to build a solid base before I start any kind of lean bulk.

  2. New Member
    bboyflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    22901

    Reputation

    Ud2.0
  3. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    291866

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    When i do low carb I focus on getting most of my fat from nuts, avocados, EVO, eggs, etc.

    I agree that lean meats are much easier to deal with, and the trace carbs in nuts or avocados is hardly enough to cause a problem with the diet, in my opinion.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768794

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I think the lack of regularity is probably more related to the lack of vegetables... Broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower etc all will have next to no carb impact but have other health benefits including fiber.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Professional Member
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,881
    Rep Power
    1188912

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Have you considered taking a fiber supplement Benefiber, Metamucil, etc? I know some people are against them, but when I used to use those often I stayed pretty regular.
  6. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,848
    Rep Power
    2179970

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by F355 View Post

    I've ran a keto diet in the past for about 2.5 weeks before I said, "fck it". The energy was nowhere to be found and my workouts were suffering. There was seriously no point in following that **** if I couldn't even last 30 minutes at the gym. Ya, I def. saw the results coming but I think I would've killed myself had I followed it for another week.
    it does take some time to get used to, although 2 weeks is usually more than enough time for your body to adapt. What was your fat intake at during this time? From my experience, the ones who complain of the lack of energy and have a hard time adapting are the ones limiting their fat intake. Once they get over the belief that fat makes you fat and increase it, their energy levels improve

    That said, keto isnt for everyone amd by no means is it "needed" for weight loss. If you dont like it or cant stay committed to it, then move on to a different diet

    Quote Originally Posted by F355 View Post
    Now, what I want to do is take in just around 100g of carbs, all coming from oats. The rest of the cals will come from fats and protein.
    that sounds reasonable. I like a 40/20/49 (p/c/f) macro split and I would recommend to get your carbs from fruit (blueberries and grapefruit are great and may even help with you fat loss goals), veggies and potatoes (red and sweet potatoes is what I recommend) Let the fiber in you diet come from the veggies.


    Quote Originally Posted by F355 View Post
    Here's my dilemma, when I was running that keto diet, I was not feeling "regular". Not trying to get all graphic, but seriously, it can't be OK to not be taking proper #2s. It just did not feel right at all, especially when I was used to eating 2 cups of oats a day and feeling GOOD. I try and shoot for 25-30g of fiber a day, I could not do this on keto, even though I know fiber cals don't count.
    increase your veggie intake. Shoot for (at minimum) 3 cups of green veggies a day. Aside from the extra fiber they are packed with micronutrients that your diet is most likely lacking.

    Quote Originally Posted by F355 View Post
    My question is, you guys think it's fine to take in all my fat cals from JUST EVOO, coconut oil, eggs, and nuts? I'm talking like half my fat cals from EVOO and coconut oil.
    thats fine. Just about all my fat comes from red meat, whole eggs and evco.

    Quote Originally Posted by F355 View Post
    Also, I depend on my oats and flaxmeal for my fiber intake. The flaxmeal is the PERFECT food on low-carbs because all the carbs in it are fiber so essentially it's carb-free.
    i wouldnt recommend flax seeds and not too big of a fan of oatmeal (although oatmeal isnt horrible). Would much rather see someone get their fiber from veggies


    Quote Originally Posted by F355 View Post
    Oh and as for my workouts. It's gonna be hitting the gym at least 5x a week, cardio for 45 minutes, and lifting for reps in the 10-15 range.
    remember more isnt always better. Are you lifting all 5 days a week? Being in a calorie deficit and training that hard will only set you up for a potential drop in metabolic rate.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  7. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258612

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Have you considered taking a fiber supplement Benefiber, Metamucil, etc? I know some people are against them, but when I used to use those often I stayed pretty regular.
    Fiber is the way to go. Try this supp for sure. It will help you get the results you need
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CKD Experts... Question about Carb Up Day
    By FlawedGrunt in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 01:41 PM
  2. Pre M1P Stack MT2 Log (GTFIH)
    By jherman08 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 02:05 PM
  3. Jbryand101b GTFIH!!!!
    By StackedCop in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 04:33 AM
  4. Epi fans..GTFIH!!
    By brownchoclit in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in